Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters - WHY YOU NEED THEM and HOW TO USE!
3644 23 2023-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters - WHY YOU NEED THEM and HOW TO USE!

2023-3-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Darren did an excellent job of explaining the use of ND filters.  
2023-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 03:51
Nice find DA.    Darren did an excellent job of explaining the use of ND filters.

No probs DT.  
2023-3-10
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing really helpful.
2023-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Was nice to see that he uses Freewell filters.  I much prefer them over the other brands as they seem to fit better and be of better quality.  
2023-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jake. A Posted at 3-10 08:03
Thanks for sharing  really helpful.

You're very welcome.
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 13:12
Was nice to see that he uses Freewell filters.  I much prefer them over the other brands as they seem to fit better and be of better quality.

Ive been using my variable ND filter recently from freewell,   when I checked it yesterday I thought Id recked it as it looked like water had got inside it,  but it was on the outside and came off with a lens cloth.
2023-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 00:54
Ive been using my variable ND filter recently from freewell,   when I checked it yesterday I thought Id recked it as it looked like water had got inside it,  but it was on the outside and came off with a lens cloth.

I returned mine and they determined it was defective.  Instead of getting a replacement I opted for credit and bought filters for the Air 2S.
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-11 05:21
I returned mine and they determined it was defective.  Instead of getting a replacement I opted for credit and bought filters for the Air 2S.

Ive got two but Ive never needed the second one.   I would have liked one for the Mini 3 but even if something comes up now I'll probably not bother as I'll be upgrading to Mini 4 shortly I think.  
2023-3-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 00:17
Ive got two but Ive never needed the second one.   I would have liked one for the Mini 3 but even if something comes up now I'll probably not bother as I'll be upgrading to Mini 4 shortly I think.

Sounds like a good plan to me.  

I'm hearing rumors there may be a Skydio 3 coming late this summer.  If so, I will take a long, hard look at that drone.  
2023-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-12 06:40

I'm hearing rumors there may be a Skydio 3 coming late this summer.  If so, I will take a long, hard look at that drone.

Curious.   Did you see Orginal Dobos rant at them last week.   Hes dropping all support for the company and their products.  
2023-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 00:26
Curious.   Did you see Orginal Dobos rant at them last week.   Hes dropping all support for the company and their products.

No, I guess I missed that.  After physical therapy this morning I'll come back and search for his rant.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 04:01
No, I guess I missed that.  After physical therapy this morning I'll come back and search for his rant.

Hes a bit hideous but it's a different perspective.  Especially an American being negative about an American company.   Ive not fact checked what he said but if its true I would probably agree with some of his points.  
2023-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 07:12
Hes a bit hideous but it's a different perspective.  Especially an American being negative about an American company.   Ive not fact checked what he said but if its true I would probably agree with some of his points.

I didn't find his rant yet but did some disparaging remarks he stated on twitter.  PM sent.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 10:21
I didn't find his rant yet but did some disparaging remarks he stated on twitter.  PM sent.

It was this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKk1k0pzUQ
2023-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 10:22
It was this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BKk1k0pzUQ

Wow, that was quite the rant and a bit biased.  I'd have to fact check many of his allegations.  No doubt he is right on some but definitely not all.  There are always 2 sides to a story and I'm not sure we will ever get a 100% truth out of this.

I'm still waiting on proof that data is being sent back to China from our drones.  I've heard that Assistant 2 software is collecting usable data but not seen proof on that yet.  The problem is there is such hatred towards China over all the intellectual property that they have stolen over the years that I'm not sure an amicable end can be found..  I do fear DJI and it's drones will eventually be banned for sale in the US.  However, Skydio is not capable enough, yet, to fill in that huge void that will be left.  They are growing their commercial side of the business like there is no tomorrow but not so much on the consumer side.
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 10:56
Wow, that was quite the rant and a bit biased.  I'd have to fact check many of his allegations.  No doubt he is right on some but definitely not all.  There are always 2 sides to a story and I'm not sure we will ever get a 100% truth out of this.

I'm still waiting on proof that data is being sent back to China from our drones.  I've heard that Assistant 2 software is collecting usable data but not seen proof on that yet.  The problem is there is such hatred towards China over all the intellectual property that they have stolen over the years that I'm not sure an amicable end can be found..  I do fear DJI and it's drones will eventually be banned for sale in the US.  However, Skydio is not capable enough, yet, to fill in that huge void that will be left.  They are growing their commercial side of the business like there is no tomorrow but not so much on the consumer side.

Im not sure his statement about amazon cloud holds water.   

Some years ago I was designing the infrastructure to track purchase information for a major manufacturer.   Big enough that you cant leave you house without seeing probably hundred of their products.     To serve the China market we couldnt store any data outside of China.  Fortunatly the cloud provider had dedicated services inside of China that we could leverage.   We then split the data by region,  but if I was a china based company I wouldn't bother Id just use the service in country and done with it.  If nothing else its cheaper.
2023-3-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-14 00:22
Im not sure his statement about amazon cloud holds water.   

Some years ago I was designing the infrastructure to track purchase information for a major manufacturer.   Big enough that you cant leave you house without seeing probably hundred of their products.     To serve the China market we couldnt store any data outside of China.  Fortunatly the cloud provider had dedicated services inside of China that we could leverage.   We then split the data by region,  but if I was a china based company I wouldn't bother Id just use the service in country and done with it.  If nothing else its cheaper.

That makes sense, it really does.  
2023-3-14
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-12 06:40

Sounds nice.
2023-3-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Don't get me wrong I love my Skydio 2+ but I'm always up for an upgraded version, especially for a drone that's not been beaten yet at sport's tracking.  
2023-3-15
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-15 03:25
Don't get me wrong I love my Skydio 2+ but I'm always up for an upgraded version, especially for a drone that's not been beaten yet at sport's tracking.

How does the m3 stand up to it?
2023-3-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jake. A Posted at 3-15 05:48
How does the m3 stand up to it?

Here's a good comparison video.  Both drones have their special niche.

2023-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well, I'm not convinced.
Lots of blabla relevant to ground camera's. But not for drones that are much further away from their subject.
And again, no good with - without comparison.
(that would proof the theory)
2023-3-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Thx hun.  I always wondered what these were for.  
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules