Home Point Updated Twice
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 3 Classic. I have flown it about 6 or 7 times. When I set it down and start it up, wait, the home point is updated. After I take off and am about 100 feet away, it says home point updated again. Now, this scares me. I check it on the map and it is still correct from the launch point. But why does it tell me again after launch, at the time, I am worried that it has changed its home point.

I have used the RC N1 with an ipad mini 6, and I have used the RC Pro, both the same.

2023-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

It is normal to get a second HP set message  flying already 100 feet away from your starting point when you had waited for HP to be set  before takeoff.

If you like post your flightlog on here for this issue, use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

It is normal to get a second HP set direct after takeoff, so is the message slow shown on your device?

cheers
JJB
2023-3-10
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-10 06:51
Hi,

It is normal to get a second HP set message  flying already 100 feet away from your starting point when you had waited for HP to be set  before takeoff.

It is normal for the aircraft to tell me the home point has been updated a second time after it has launched and is 100 feet away?

Why should it tell me this twice? Once when on the ground waiting to get GNSS data should be enough.
2023-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DigitalBoss Posted at 3-10 08:00
It is normal for the aircraft to tell me the home point has been updated a second time after it has launched and is 100 feet away?

Why should it tell me this twice? Once when on the ground waiting to get GNSS data should be enough.

no   i wrote   direct after takeoff....[ direct is not 100 feet away ] But if you takeoff with 'bad' gps, hp is set when GPS is good enough to set a HP.

That is way i asked for this flightlog.....log will explain more.

cheers
JJB

2023-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 3-10 08:00

Why should it tell me this twice? Once when on the ground waiting to get GNSS data should be enough.

Your drone will tell you that the homepoint has been recorded when it gets approximate location data (within a couple of metres).
But it will update the homepoint when it gets more accurate GPS location data.
Watch the colour of the satellite icon up top of the screen.
When it turns yellow you have approximate location data and an approximate homepoint.
When it turns white, you have good GPS data and a good homepoint.
2023-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 3-10 15:48
Your drone will tell you that the homepoint has been recorded when it gets approximate location data (within a couple of metres).
But it will update the homepoint when it gets more accurate GPS location data.
Watch the colour of the satellite icon up top of the screen.

Hi Labroides,

Not correct about updating HP, see the video and charts.

GPS icon RED = not enough satellites ** to get a GPS lock.
GPS icon YELLOW = enough satellites to get a GPS lock, but not enough to set HP
GPS icon WHITE = enough satellites to set HP

** numbers can vary ; better 8 receiving sats widely spread in the sky that 16 in a row  ;-)

Video and 2 charts same flight.

ICON turns White, HP set. After this see in the chart that HP is recorded.
Just after take off  HP set again, see the changed LatLon data *
* only vertical climb in manual take off, second HP 0.7 meter from first recorded position, plus no Update audio+message on the screen.

cheers
JJB

HP2.png
HP1.png
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules