Cannot Get the Mini 3 Pro to React Smoothly
917 19 2023-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Libitron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130853 ft
Canada

I am writing this just to see if anyone else is having the same difficulty with this drone. I bought the M3P just to have a sub 250. All my other drones are enterprise drones. I am familiar with adjustments to control flight charactoristics mainly with EXP settings. For some reason I just cannot get my M3P to fly smoothly in Cine mode. I have the EXP settings lower than any other drone I have ever had and it is still jerky on stick input and is very difficult to get it to fly smoothly when I am trying to do a shot like fly forward with the drone positioned at a 45 degree angle to catch something like a row of homes or something like that. So please let me know how it is working out for you.

EXP.jpg
2023-3-10
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Could you post some footage showing what you consider the images not being smooth?
2023-3-10
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

Frank071 Posted at 3-10 08:15
Could you post some footage showing what you consider the images not being smooth?

I am talking about the drone control, not the video.This may well be a question more targetted to people who have had several drones in the past to compare flight characterisitics.
2023-3-10
Use props
Drone.Hunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Libitron Posted at 3-10 08:19
I am talking about the drone control, not the video.This may well be a question more targetted to people who have had several drones in the past to compare flight characterisitics.

They tell you about a video that will help us understand how your drone flies.
2023-3-10
Use props
Mini3pro360
New
Flight distance : 162910 ft
United States

Can someone give me some points ? I want to post a question about my mini3 pro but i cannot
2023-3-10
Use props
supergeo.ca
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

Have you tried increasing the yaw smoothness to a much high number? You have it at 20, and I believe a value of 40 or more would be better.
2023-3-10
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

supergeo.ca Posted at 3-10 13:10
Have you tried increasing the yaw smoothness to a much high number? You have it at 20, and I believe a value of 40 or more would be better.

The yaw smoothness will affect how smoothly the drone will complete the yaw movement after you release the stick input only, or sonI had only previously thought. Thanks for the thought. U forced me to discover I was wrong. Smoothness also affects initial input and is useful for my goal.
2023-3-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You need to poast a screen recording with the radar showing so that we can see exactly what you mean. Turn the expo all the way down and max speed down just a little to get the smoothest movement. Yaw not only works for the release, but also for starting the move. It should be around 25-28, your choice.
2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please post a sample footage or screen recording showing the issue so we can check it here on our end? You may upload the video via Google drive or Youtube and send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mini3pro360 Posted at 3-10 10:50
Can someone give me some points ? I want to post a question about my mini3 pro but i cannot

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. You may follow the steps below on how to post your inquiry in DJI Forum. If you experience any issues posting your concern, please feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Forum > Products > New Thread > Set the Topic and Sub Topic based on your product inquiry. Please refer to the images below.

2023-3-10
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Libitron Posted at 3-10 08:19

If you are talking about a jerky live display, you may be overloading the (underpowered) RC processor. For example, filming with focus peaking active always causes continual RC stuttering for me.
2023-3-10
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

I have found jerky drone movements when flying near obstacles and the APAS seems to be fighting with my stick inputs. Seems worst when I'm combining several inputs.
2023-3-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I think one gets MUCH more predictable behaviour if the EXP setting is set to 0.5 which equates to a straight line graph.
Other values, which create curves, create changes in response which vary depending where, on the curve, the joystick is i.e. in one place the response is tiny in another place the response is enormous.

The above said I do not know if the argument is applicable to the Mini 3 as I recollect reading that with the relevant drone, perhaps the Mavic 3, there is a minimum not-near-zero speed below which the drone stops moving.
2023-3-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The drone flys way smoother if you set the Obstical avoidance to brake not bypass. If set to bypass it is very sensitive on the controls and flys jerky
2023-3-12
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

One of the problems is that there's not a selectable ATTI mode. This drone is for people who could easily crash with that mode.

So if you push, even slightly, in one direction and then let go, the drone puts on the brakes like crazy to avoid moving beyond the current GPS location. It's flying by GPS and that is not smooth. If the optical positioning system is active it's the same thing.

I've been wanting to try blocking the GPS with aluminum foil but never got to do it. Has anybody tried?
2023-3-12
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-12 00:01
The drone flys way smoother if you set the Obstical avoidance to brake not bypass. If set to bypass it is very sensitive on the controls and flys jerky

That is hard to believe but stranger things have happened. I will be sure and give that a try, thank you.
2023-3-20
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-10 14:50
You need to poast a screen recording with the radar showing so that we can see exactly what you mean. Turn the expo all the way down and max speed down just a little to get the smoothest movement. Yaw not only works for the release, but also for starting the move. It should be around 25-28, your choice.

I do not agree that yaw smoothness has any affect on stick input, but rather only what happens after the input is released. I also do not agree with your “ should” numbers. For the level of accuracy  I require, .1 is the best number for me. Don’t forget, these numbers are individual preference so we should be careful in the case that an inexperienced operator is reading these posts. I certainly appreciate the suggestions however, people with experience will know full well  that there is no absolute correct or incorrect setting.

I started this thread to see if anyone else was experiencing the poor control characteristics. I’m starting to see people post the same sentiment. Posts from people who have experience with several other drones. I think that originally there was no EXP settings for cine mode. We have those settings available now. Perhaps one reason is because their handling characteristics. for me, my question is solved.
2023-3-20
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

Drone.Hunter Posted at 3-10 08:33
They tell you about a video that will help us understand how your drone flies.
Do you mean to say that if you see a video clip taken by my drone, that you will be able to determine how smoothly the Drones is operating in a finesse situation? I suppose you could potentially see it in yaw maneuver. The tilt nothing to do with drone control as you know.
Either way, that doesn’t support my question as the problem.. At the risk of sounding like a total dick, and I don’t want to, but maybe I’m not asking my question very well. I’m simply trying to determine if anybody else has experienced this drone Does not handle smoothly in comparison to other DJI products. But it does not matter anymore. I am seeing posts in which operators are complaining about the drone not handling smoothly compared to other DJI products. So I am finished with this thread.
2023-3-20
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

MAx Angular = 8 degrees; Smoothess = 30; rest of EXP at 0.42 all (because you can make linear more smooth, but at 0.20 you try to smooth a curve, being impossible). That simple. Also use the fingers not on top of sticks but close to base, in order to use the RC surface as a balance for fingers. That easy.
2023-3-22
Use props
Libitron
lvl.4
Canada

Interesting thoughts but I’m afraid I just can’t agree. And what makes you think that you cannot get smooth movements with a lower EXP value of .1? I’m talking about precision flying. The stick movement may never get beyond 15 to 20% of full input. I’m talking about cine mode settings. The photograph is where I have landed. I can thread a needle with these settings. All I do is fly drones. It is my business. I’m familiar with pinching even though it’s ridiculously uncomfortable with this N1 controller.
But then, again, the settings may not work for you. For any newer pilots, we have to remember that all of this is individualized. If anyone tells you that you should, or the only way something works is if you do x, in most cases, it’s wrong. For example I am responding to a guy who says you cannot be smooth unless you do what he says. That is straight up incorrect. And it’s also true that my settings may not work for him.
image.jpg
2023-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules