Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is my personal opinion and I'm sure you'll get other inputs.  

First, there’s never been a one-drone-fits-all scenario.  So depends on whether you want a drone for professional use or hobbyist use.  If I'm out videoing my grandson racing his gokart or motorcycle I fly the Skydio 2+ because it remains the best drone to date for "sport's tracking".  Mavic 3 is closing the gap but is still not quite there.  DJI continues to have a bit better cameras so non-sport's tracking I go with either my Mini 3 Pro or Air 2S.

Things to consider are going to be camera and image quality.  Comparing Air 2S to Mini 3 Pro Air 2S I find the image quality of the Air 2S to be superior.

Next thing to consider is weight and size.  the Mini 4 will probably maintain the sub-250 gram design and therefore will not require registration in the US if flown recreationally.  It will probably be relatively small still and could easily fit in your pocket or backpack.  The Air 3 probably will not be larger than the Air 2S but it will weigh well over the sub-250 gram Mini 4, which means you'll need to register it.   However, being heavier also means it will hold up better in the wind than the Mini 3 pro.

Next consideration will be price but you'll also need to factor in value to you and for your particular use.  

Just my thoughts and without a doubt others will disagree.  

2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Jake. We really appreciate you for showing interest in our future products. Currently, we haven't received any information related to this inquiry. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 4 as the rules for anything heavier here are too restrictive.  
2023-3-11
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 01:19
Mini 4 as the rules for anything heavier here are too restrictive.

Hoping for a 1-inch sensor.
2023-3-13
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

And omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
2023-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jake. A Posted at 3-13 14:04

I'll take what ever I can get. .  
2023-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anything <250g for sure.
2023-3-20
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Gut to be under 250g here due to the rules on where to fly
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

Jake. A Posted at 3-13 14:04

Chances are likely youve not properly utilized the mini3 pro sensor, or perhaps adjusted the sharpness & denoise down to lowest values to compare noise & pixelation improvements amongst pro settings controls & some cpl & nd applications could make quite a difference. A bigger sensor isnt necessarily always going to yeild a better result. Mini3 pro vs Air2s for example is a good example of bigger doesnt always mean better. Often times it simply comes down to how youre using what you already have. Ive seen many people show better quality & end results with the mini3 pro compared to the mighty Air2s, yet some will swear by the Air2s's "bigger sensor" till the bitter end, despite mini3 pro's better sensor quality & low light ability etc end results.
2023-9-17
Use props
TopOnSky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1292264 ft
United Kingdom

About the < 250g. According the IAA, the drone with camera still need  A1/A3 license. So is < 250 still matter?
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 4532428 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really waiting for the Air3S
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now