Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Network Connection Required
4122 12 2023-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ducati07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469564 ft
United States

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I'm trying to figure out not only the drone, but this Forum....

I just bought the Mini 3 Pro and I'm not able to fly it since I'm getting an eror code "Network Connection Required" possibly due to being in an Authorization Zone.  

I was able to find a few posts on here with this issue but the fix was crazy long.  Link this, blootooth that, etc...I tried all that and I was still unable to connect this paper weight.

I tried going into the settings and to connect but it says I need a password, I don't have a password for that so what do I do?

I bought the smart controller since I don't want to carry my phone everwhere but am I forced to link to my phones hot spot just to fly this thing?  ....and I thought my Air2 s gave me some problems connecting.

If that's the case...what happens when there is no cell service or I don't have my cell phone?  What happens when I'm out of my home country?

I'm not sure what it takes for me to fly the drone.  Can someone please go over this with me?

Thank you so much for any help.  

This is very frustrating....rather be flying.

2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. There are 3 types of remote controllers with a built-in screen for consumer products, DJI RC, RC Pro, and Smart Controller. Can you please confirm which one are you using? If you are using the DJI RC and experience the issue "Network connection required" after tapping "Locating" on the top-left corner of the RC, Please try the following solutions.

1.  DJI RC locating depends on GPS. We recommend that the user turns on DJI RC to obtain locating information in an outdoor place that has strong GPS signals.
2. To load a map, please connect DJI RC to an effective network hotspot for loading and caching the map.

If you don't have a Wi-Fi connection outdoors, you may use your mobile device as a hotspot to connect to a network. Keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-10
Use props
Prezzodrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

You can unlock zones in the DJI website before you leave home
2023-3-20
Use props
mjb2photo
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-10 17:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. There are 3 types of remote controllers with a built-in screen for consumer products, DJI RC, RC Pro, and Smart Controller. Can you please confirm which one are you using? If you are using the DJI RC and experience the issue "Network connection required" after tapping "Locating" on the top-left corner of the RC, Please try the following solutions.

1.  DJI RC locating depends on GPS. We recommend that the user turns on DJI RC to obtain locating information in an outdoor place that has strong GPS signals.

Hi DJI paladin,
I also have an issue with login required whilst out in the field. I have a Mavic 3 and the RC pro controller. I can log in whilst at home ok as it sees my home network, however i went down to a local park 6 football fields and the controller asked me to check the network as it failed to log in. how do i tie it in to my mobile hotspot to login? do i have to d/l a map?I feel its a simple fix but i'm at a loss. That and I have been invited to shoot a wedding out of state in two weeks( drone video virgin) and failure is not an option!!
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mjb2photo Posted at 3-22 00:49
Hi DJI paladin,
I also have an issue with login required whilst out in the field. I have a Mavic 3 and the RC pro controller. I can log in whilst at home ok as it sees my home network, however i went down to a local park 6 football fields and the controller asked me to check the network as it failed to log in. how do i tie it in to my mobile hotspot to login? do i have to d/l a map?I feel its a simple fix but i'm at a loss. That and I have been invited to shoot a wedding out of state in two weeks( drone video virgin) and failure is not an option!!

Hello, mjb2photo. It seems that our fellow colleague DJI Gamora already responded to your thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=287154 . Should you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_CqWRzeFQm4dA
New

United States

DJI Paladin,

I have read many entries into this forum, and have tried everything I know how to try to get this problem resolved, but it will still not work. When I power on both the DJI RC and the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the DJI RC screen says FlySafe needs updated. I click on update and it immediately says "Network Connection Required". I then go to confirm my home's wifi is on and connected to my device, which it is, then I go back to update the FlySafe and it continually says "Network connection required".

I am at my wits end with this issue and need it resolved.

Thanks,
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_CqWRzeFQm4dA Posted at 5-25 19:45
DJI Paladin,

I have read many entries into this forum, and have tried everything I know how to try to get this problem resolved, but it will still not work. When I power on both the DJI RC and the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the DJI RC screen says FlySafe needs updated. I click on update and it immediately says "Network Connection Required". I then go to confirm my home's wifi is on and connected to my device, which it is, then I go back to update the FlySafe and it continually says "Network connection required".

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We understand you have tried some troubleshooting steps, but have you tried updating it using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), or switching to a different network? We'll be waiting for your reply.
2023-5-27
Use props
Mark T.
New

United States

@Ducati07 - did you ever get your answer? I'm having the same issues.
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_g9zKEGxhz7c7
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_CqWRzeFQm4dA Posted at 5-25 19:45
DJI Paladin,

I have read many entries into this forum, and have tried everything I know how to try to get this problem resolved, but it will still not work. When I power on both the DJI RC and the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the DJI RC screen says FlySafe needs updated. I click on update and it immediately says "Network Connection Required". I then go to confirm my home's wifi is on and connected to my device, which it is, then I go back to update the FlySafe and it continually says "Network connection required".

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm having the same issue.
2023-8-23
Use props
Dingaling
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15807 ft

United Kingdom

Folks, New Mini 3 user/pilot here.
So far so good. Some great recordings of UK weather and floods.
But it says I should check for a firmware update and I want to download some maps to the RC. I'm also getting the ' Network Required' message for anything like this and there is simply no place in the DJI fly app where I can scan for a network connection and get connected.
In the Profile>settings, there is an About tab with Drone name and WiFi name... But that must be the drone WiFi AP and there is no option there to scam for another one, even just to do the software update.

I don't want to do a full reset on this thing and find I get to the same point in 2 days time.  There has to be a simple option.
1-5 14:05
Use props
Ducati07
lvl.1
United States

Still having issues with this drone.  My other DJI works great.  This one however, gives me connection problems a lot when trying to fly in an Authorization Zone.

Now it's saying, "Server Error. Wait a moment and try again."

I've tried 100 times and have waited a couple of months.  

I was able to fly it out of this area but not here at home where I fly my other DJI.
1-5 14:07
Use props
Ducati07
lvl.1
United States

I tried the above solution attempts that @DJI Paladin suggested.  

It just keeps saying, "Server Error.  Wait a moment and try again."

I have great wi-fi and am able to connect to 19 satellites.  

Any other ideas?
1-10 16:51
Use props
Ducati07
lvl.1
United States

I also was able to connect to another wi-fi however, same result...."Server Error.  Wait a moment and try again."

Is there a way to reset this thing?  

It worked great when I first got it now it's a paper weight.
1-10 17:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules