Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
AVATA 3.5 WTF..!!!!
3520 10 2023-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SAZShCThOQeM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274636 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

Take in this video of the new axis 3.5 kit. The error you’re seeing is “MotorOverload”. But damn the performance looks amazing.

2023-3-10
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see much of a point, at least for me, first.... you will lose any DJI support by franksteining the Avata, second, when you add the price of Avata plus upgrades will be way more than just buy a DJI O3 equipped after market drone that performs the same, plenty out there to choose.  
2023-3-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite the upgrade in power and performance.  
2023-3-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDPS Posted at 3-10 23:16
I don't see much of a point, at least for me, first.... you will lose any DJI support by franksteining the Avata, second, when you add the price of Avata plus upgrades will be way more than just buy a DJI O3 equipped after market drone that performs the same, plenty out there to choose.

Agreed. Why purchase something and mod it for something it wasn't made to do?
2023-3-11
Use props
dannydoidoi
lvl.2

Romania

this idea is very nice and bold
what they tried is to improve are the acro capabilities of the Avata in 2 ways
by using some more powerful motors and by changing the frame to a (maybe) lighter frame
the results from testing are good for the motors change
the new frame is not enough tested yet, its very new
so if you want some more power you can try just to change the motors
of course DJI Avata is a very good product as it is
and DJI designed it as a friendly approach to cinewhoop world and thats why they didnt push it hard on acro mode
the fact that some guys tuned Avata should be take as a tribute to DJI products, you dont tune a hyundai, you tune a mercedes or a bmw )
so we are good with our Avata, tuned or not
2023-3-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I don't see much of a point
2023-3-13
Use props
brady_roberts
lvl.1

United States

HDPS Posted at 3-10 23:16

Just upgraded mine to the 3.5 and had some concerns prior but can confirm it was definitely worth the upgrade. Getting 8-10 min flight time depending on how hard Im pushing it, you'd be hard pressed to get near that building your own digital system.
2023-4-8
Use props
brady_roberts
lvl.1

United States

dannydoidoi Posted at 3-11 13:32
this idea is very nice and bold
what they tried is to improve are the acro capabilities of the Avata in 2 ways
by using some more powerful motors and by changing the frame to a (maybe) lighter frame

If youre going through the trouble to replace motors I would reccomend upgrading to the frame kit also. At least for me, the Avata was my introduction to FPV so I'm very new to building drones and I definitely wouldn't want to have to take it apart again, took me about 6 hrs since I had to take apart after finished and re-solder the power lead because it was too long. I do get the 'motor overload' warning but havent noticed it affecting my flight characteristics as of yet.
2023-4-8
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

okay this what I want my avatar to do. How?
2023-4-8
Use props
CagomoC FpV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480026 ft
United States

brady_roberts Posted at 4-8 09:00
Just upgraded mine to the 3.5 and had some concerns prior but can confirm it was definitely worth the upgrade. Getting 8-10 min flight time depending on how hard Im pushing it, you'd be hard pressed to get near that building your own digital system.

That the sacrifices you make if you want to freestyle.
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_0iaggVY01Ezd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9835407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have just finished the upgrade and it is very worth it, this is how the Avata should have been released. The only problem I had was that the first axis motor upgrade should have worked with this kit.They do not work….. How can you put out a motor upgrade and then a frame upgrade and not include the motors that you just put out. My Avata is now my go to drone. There’s just something about DJI GPS and RTH features that gives me confidence to fly anywhere. I would highly recommend this upgrade but pay attention to All the info before purchasing it
2023-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules