[RONIN RSC2] Main gimbal button missing, gimbal won't lock!
407 5 2023-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
caringalvisuals
New

Canada

Main gimbal button missing

Main gimbal button missing

Thinking of buying a unit from a friend, out of and not under warranty as this certainly isn't regular wear and tear.

Dropped or chewed up by a komodo dragon this unit 'works' and will turn on, but as anyone knows it's useless without a main gimbal button lock.

The thing is, there is no main gimbal button!

Now, how do I repair this?

Is this simply a matter of opening her up and sticking in a metal probe so I can reach it from the assembled unit to 'trigger' the main gimbal lock?

From my usage of this unit, it's a mechanical click, so I assume that's all I have to contend with. I HOPE.

Where can I get parts?

Thank you to all that can help.

2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we do not recommend you repair it on your own. You can start a case through the link below and send the gimbal in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-11
Use props
fans0026f825
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-11 02:15
Hi there, we do not recommend you repair it on your own. You can start a case through the link below and send the gimbal in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support

It's...not a drone. It's an RSC2. A gimbal. You sure you work for DJI?

Also, I'm not keen on paying several hundred dollars for a repair. I don't have a receipt and have no warranty. So this is my only option.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0026f825 Posted at 3-11 04:56
It's...not a drone. It's an RSC2. A gimbal. You sure you work for DJI?

Also, I'm not keen on paying several hundred dollars for a repair. I don't have a receipt and have no warranty. So this is my only option.

Sorry for the confusion caused. We understand your point, however, we may still not suggest that you repair the gimbal yourself. Please rest assured, if you would love to send the unit back, the local team will check the gimbal and proceed with a damage assessment, the actual repair cost will be based on the assessment. You can check this link for a general idea about the accessories price https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
Besides, if you think the price can not be borne, you can still choose to return the gimbal without repair.
Hope this is informative for you.
2023-3-11
Use props
fans0026f825
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 3-11 17:42
Sorry for the confusion caused. We understand your point, however, we may still not suggest that you repair the gimbal yourself. Please rest assured, if you would love to send the unit back, the local team will check the gimbal and proceed with a damage assessment, the actual repair cost will be based on the assessment. You can check this link for a general idea about the accessories price https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
Besides, if you think the price can not be borne, you can still choose to return the gimbal without repair.
Hope this is informative for you.

I just got off the phone with one of your associates.
He mentioned that the shipping to and from DJI USA will be assumed without cost to me.
However, I am based in Canada and that would incur a shipping cost. Just want to verify if that is the case.

I asked if I could get an on the spot assessment of a main gimbal button replacement but didn't get much information, as he was a customer service rep and was not qualifed. I just need a ball park figure for the overall repair cost of this. It's just to replace the main gimbal button, a fairly straightforward repair.

Hopefully you can provide more info than he did. Appreciate the help!
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0026f825 Posted at 3-11 18:08
I just got off the phone with one of your associates.
He mentioned that the shipping to and from DJI USA will be assumed without cost to me.
However, I am based in Canada and that would incur a shipping cost. Just want to verify if that is the case.

I understand your concern. Regarding the shipment fee, DJI will be able to cover the shipment if your address is not in a remote area in Canada. You can create a case first, if you receive the shipping label then, the shipping fee is covered.
For the repair fee, the unit in your picture is the pan lock, it is not listed in the accessories price list, and the actual repair cost will be based on the damage assessment, so we may not be able to provide a concrete answer to you without having the gimbal sent back. Thank you very much for your understanding.
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules