Super Long Panorama Stitch time (can we have a no stitch option)
1180 14 2023-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans965b442f
lvl.2

Australia

Have had 4 differnt DJI drones, and the in camera stitching has always been 5-8 seconds from finishing capturing (when it hits its 50%, then the remain ing 50% is just in camera stitching). On the mavic 3 classic, the switching of the panorama is in excess of 30 seconds long. When capturing 10+ on a single flight, thats 5+ minutes of wasted time as say dusk where time is critical.

For context, M2P was 5-8 seconds, and otjher drones I tested were simular or way less.

Additionally I will do another post, but I've noticed the EXIF date taken is now incorrect. The time is correct, but date is negative 1 day. I took photos today (11th, and its saying the date taken in EXIF/Lightroom/Photoshop/Properties is yesterday). I have asked 3 colligues with this drone and they have noticed this as well. I know differnt topic, but still!! So many software issues.
2023-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's quick and easy to shoot your panorama manually.
You get full flexibility to shoot whatever number of images you want and start and end wherever you choose.

Check the date/time on your phone or tablet.
The date issue is most likely to be related to your phone or tablet rather than drone software.
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was the date issue when flying with the DJI RC?   If it was theres been several reports in the last couple of months of the remote temporarily loosing a day.
2023-3-12
Use props
fans965b442f
lvl.2

Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-11 04:46
You get full flexibility to shoot whatever number of images you want and start and end wherever you choose.

When you're taking 24 panoramas, it becomes a pain to shoot manually. But I know whatcha mean, as I have defiantly done my fair share of panoramas. I'm actually starting to use my M2P a lot more now as the time it takes to process after capturing takes so long.

DJI RC. As per other comment bellow by DAFlys, he mentioned there seems to be a bug that people are losing a day, so seems about right. So seems to be the DJI RC controller (software).
2023-3-12
Use props
fans965b442f
lvl.2

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 00:53
Was the date issue when flying with the DJI RC?   If it was theres been several reports in the last couple of months of the remote temporarily loosing a day.

Yeah DJI RC! I forgot to mention this, as first time creating the account to even post here. Seems there are many bugs, even including in Australia having the LOWEST quality satellite maps. Literally boxed pixeled and out of date. Seems to be a possible cheaper option for the DJI RC. I suspect (opinion) that with normal remotes that you use an ipad or iphone, the google API call for maps was free or negalable. However with their own controller, they probably had to reduce that lost with this company. I now know that DJI are aware of the issue in certain countries of having this issue.. but damm any issue they take sooooo long to patch things.

Another rant, is that has anyone ever noticed that looking within the sun only on the mavic 3, you see pink/magenta halo around the sun (not the sun, but the light lights following after it for a big proportion of the sky).
2023-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans965b442f Posted at 3-12 06:37
Yeah DJI RC! I forgot to mention this, as first time creating the account to even post here. Seems there are many bugs, even including in Australia having the LOWEST quality satellite maps. Literally boxed pixeled and out of date. Seems to be a possible cheaper option for the DJI RC. I suspect (opinion) that with normal remotes that you use an ipad or iphone, the google API call for maps was free or negalable. However with their own controller, they probably had to reduce that lost with this company. I now know that DJI are aware of the issue in certain countries of having this issue.. but damm any issue they take sooooo long to patch things.

Another rant, is that has anyone ever noticed that looking within the sun only on the mavic 3, you see pink/magenta halo around the sun (not the sun, but the light lights following after it for a big proportion of the sky).

The satellite imagery has been complained about many times on the forum,  they cant use google unless they loaded the google services apps on the controller.  
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_50xfmlRcUqsl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2117349 ft
Nigeria

No one really answered the main question of too long panorama stitching time. It will be nice to have the opportunity to not stitch.
2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_50xfmlRcUqsl
lvl.1
Nigeria

Labroides Posted at 3-11 04:46

manually shooting a panorama is soo inconvenient, even slower and will be mostly inaccurate with regards overlapping each shot.
2023-4-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 00:24
The satellite imagery has been complained about many times on the forum,  they cant use google unless they loaded the google services apps on the controller.

Late reply, but wrong. I have Google maps on my RC Pro. It works perfectly. I also have Google Earth. It also works perfectly.
2023-4-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_50xfmlRcUqsl Posted at 4-3 10:18
manually shooting a panorama is soo inconvenient, even slower and will be mostly inaccurate with regards overlapping each shot.

Sounds like you haven't tried much.
It's simple, quick, easy and gives the user much more flexibility.
But if you want to use the automated feature to do it all for you, and accept the limitations, go ahead.
2023-4-3
Use props
fans965b442f
lvl.2

Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-3 11:08
Late reply, but wrong. I have Google maps on my RC Pro. It works perfectly. I also have Google Earth. It also works perfectly.

I'm in Australia, you might be in another location that allows it. either way I don't have the RC Pro so i wouldn't know. I have rad up that the maps DJI are using have been told by their map provider than some geo locations are low quality, and some are equal to google maps.
2023-4-3
Use props
fans965b442f
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_50xfmlRcUqsl Posted at 4-3 09:56
No one really answered the main question of too long panorama stitching time. It will be nice to have the opportunity to not stitch.

I know right! haha I was actually testing this out yesterday and literally takes 6 seconds to stitch on M2P, and takes 34 seconds on the M3.

I know 90% probably manually stitch in an external program later, so it would be a simple fix for DJI to just make a bottom saying "Output: None", because currently the output says JPEG, and the images are also saved as DNG.
2023-4-3
Use props
B7Kanye
lvl.1
Nigeria

Labroides Posted at 4-3 13:29
Sounds like you haven't tried much.
It's simple, quick, easy and gives the user much more flexibility.
But if you want to use the automated feature to do it all for you, and accept the limitations, go ahead.

Here we go. This to is supposed to be a constructive forum. Why assert i haven't tried much?
2023-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-3 11:08
Late reply, but wrong. I have Google maps on my RC Pro. It works perfectly. I also have Google Earth. It also works perfectly.

You can load it personally but it's totally different for a company to load it,   there are terms and conditions they would have to engage with and pay google for the services.  
2023-4-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

B7Kanye Posted at 4-3 22:48
Here we go. This to is supposed to be a constructive forum. Why assert i haven't tried much?

Why assert i haven't tried much?
Because  that's what your previous post suggested and I create panoramas manually all the time and know what's involved.
But if it's too much for you, go ahead and use the one-size-fits-all automated feature.
2023-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules