3624 33 2023-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Its 4 mths since the last post re SDK.
Is there any update from DJI on a release date for the the SDK for the MAVIC3 Classic please?
This really limits the capability of the drone making competing drones more competitive.
A lot of us use the Mavic 3 as an adjunct to our camera kit as professional photographers, the Mavic 3 Classic is just as much an enterprise tool for me as the other DJI designated Enterprise series of drones. Just in a different business.

2023-3-11
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thats wy they made then enterprise version of the Mavic 3. Not Sure they would do that for the classic
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ralphhuttonthompson. Thank you for reaching out. The Mavic 3 Classic does not offer SDK currently. We know how convenient it will be for some customers to have this feature so I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention and evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 06:43
Hi, Ralphhuttonthompson. Thank you for reaching out. The Mavic 3 Classic does not offer SDK currently. We know how convenient it will be for some customers to have this feature so I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention and evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Wouldn't it be better just to say nothing rather than the same tired copy and paste reply?
2023-3-11
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

Jake. A Posted at 3-11 06:04
Thats wy they made then enterprise version of the Mavic 3. Not Sure they would do that for the classic

Many drone users work as full-time photographers/videographers in advertising and film. They need a good sensor & cameras and the ability to follow complicated tracks and camera angles/movements and therefore the SDK so we can use Drone Deploy or Drone Link for film and photography. We don't need IR sensors or mapping capability currently the only options on Enterprise drones.
2023-3-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is an area of fail for DJI.  Do not hold your breath.  The M3 is getting some rubbish treatment.  
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They made a post about the roadmap for the SDK here - https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... mer-level-aircraft-
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 3-11 07:36
Wouldn't it be better just to say nothing rather than the same tired copy and paste reply?

Hi, Labroides. We're sorry if you're getting tired of our replies but please know that everyone's suggestion here at DJI Forum is being taken seriously and we would love to acknowledge everyone's input. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 03:14
Hi, Labroides. We're sorry if you're getting tired of our replies but please know that everyone's suggestion here at DJI Forum is being taken seriously and we would love to acknowledge everyone's input. Thank you for your kind understanding.

They might be taken seriously by you moderators, but it seems the 99% never go any further and nothing more is heard of them.
People have been begging for an SDK for the Mavic 3 since it was released more than a year ago and despite many "thanks for your suggestion ... we'll pass it along" replies, there's still no suggestion that DJI will ever do anything about it.

If you want to be helpful, find out what is or isn't happening about releasing an SDK for the Mavic 3 and report back with something definite.
Users would appreciate some certainty.
2023-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-12 05:17
They might be taken seriously by you moderators, but it seems the 99% never go any further and nothing more is heard of them.
People have been begging for an SDK for the Mavic 3 since it was released more than a year ago and despite many "thanks for your suggestion ... we'll pas it along" replies, there's still no suggestion that DJI will ever do anything about it.

This exactly.  
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

People have been begging for an SDK for the Mavic 3 since it was released more than a year ago and despite many "thanks for your suggestion ... we'll pass it along" replies, there's still no suggestion that DJI will ever do anything about it.

Hi, Labroides. We're sorry for the inconvenience. As much as we would like to provide the information, it is currently not available. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
2023-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 07:45
Hi, Labroides. We're sorry for the inconvenience. As much as we would like to provide the information, it is currently not available. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.

As much as we would like to provide the information, it is currently not available.
Yes ... I'm well aware of that.
That's been the problem since the Mavic 3 was released more than a year ago.
All evidence points to DJI having no intention of ever releasing the SDK and no-one at DJI has any information.
In the absence of any concrete information, saying nothing would be preferable to the empty, "we'll pass your enquiry on" replies that have been heard a hundred times already.

Here's another to pass along to the relevant department:  DJI drones are very good, but DJI has a real problem with open communication with customers.
2023-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

This certainly concerns me as a customer.  It is a really bad precedent.  
2023-3-13
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Canada

And me too, very disappointing.
2023-3-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Please release an SDK for Mavic 3, already, think what it would do for sales.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_i7nH823Q0XQw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1397989 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-11 06:43

Yeah that would be great, I used to create 3D models using a Air 2 and the Drone Harmony app.

Upgraded to a Mavic 3 classic and received less functionality from a newer drone.

Obviously there is the Enterprise option, but I cant justify paying double the price the price of a classic
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_i7nH823Q0XQw Posted at 8-4 21:05
Yeah that would be great, I used to create 3D models using a Air 2 and the Drone Harmony app.

Upgraded to a Mavic 3 classic and received less functionality from a newer drone.

Thank you for joining the thread, djiuser_i7nH823Q0XQw. Rest assured that SDK for the Mavic 3 Classic has been forwarded as a suggestion. For any updates, please stay tuned to our official websites. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-8-8
Use props
RFK
lvl.1

United States

Yes, please release the SDK.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RFK Posted at 8-23 00:16
Yes, please release the SDK.

Hello RFK. We understand the importance of your request. Regretfully, we have not received notice that SDK development will be added at this time for Mavic 3 Classic. Please rest assured that we have recorded your request and provided feedback to the related department. We appreciate your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-23
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I'll add my voice to this... I am planning to purchase the M3C in the near future, and I like having a choice of software to fly with, including the DJI app.  Please release the SDK
2023-8-23
Use props
calswan7145
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1967349 ft
United States

I fly my M3C multiple times a day and not having SDK capability is incredibly frustrating. DJI would have a much larger customer base if they ever did anything about these suggestions.
2023-8-24
Use props
fansa70959f1
New

Argentina

Yes, it is completely absurd that a drone with these characteristics such as the Mavic 3 Classic has its capabilities so limited due to this decision by the company, harming the work of its clients. I really hope they will revise their position and release the sdk for Mavic 3 very soon.
2023-8-30
Use props
RFK
lvl.1

United States

Come on DJI, release the SDK!
2023-9-18
Use props
fansef8f1a8f
lvl.1

Austria

When will the SDK be released? If not at least upgrades for example for hdr Panorama-shots (Panorama with Bracketing) would be nice. Unfortunately Mavic 3 is worse than Mavic 2!!!
2023-9-21
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

I'm also waiting for SDK for Mavic 3 Pro. I cant understand why you dont want to release it.  It cost you nothing, and you will not make money from me - i will not buy enterprise as i dont need it. I need SDK for Mavic 3 Pro to have some precision when making hyperlapse - i need to drone stop when making a photo - especially with long exposure constantly flying drone doesnt provide good photos
2023-9-21
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

THE PROMISE ON NOVEMBER 2021:

AND THE CONFIRMATION OF THE BIGGEST LIE ON DJI HISTORY ON OCTOBER 2023:

¡¡¡DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-10-20
Use props
RFK
lvl.1

United States

This is rubbish.  They think that we are all made of money. I can't afford an enterprise edition. To break tradition of releasing the SDK is a rear screw you additude.
2023-10-25
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Maybe we get the SDK after all, when the Mavic 3 is no longer DJI's flagship. Let's hope so.
2023-10-26
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

All credits to FotoDroneRS on Youtube
2023-11-12
Use props
RFK
lvl.1

United States

I agree. I purchased the classic with the thought that it would have the SDK released for it as did the other models. I was hoping to utilize some of the available 3rd party software for my business. Extremely disappointed now. DJI, you need to release the SDK.
2023-11-13
Use props
neuroza
lvl.1

Croatia

the treatment Mavic 3 drone owners receive is not fair. I (unfortunately) bought that drone in full faith that dji would release an SDK, but nothing happened. I cannot forgive myself for having invested so much money on a product that was not finished and which obviously will never be finished. Disapointed...
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

neuroza Posted at 12-26 01:12
the treatment Mavic 3 drone owners receive is not fair. I (unfortunately) bought that drone in full faith that dji would release an SDK, but nothing happened. I cannot forgive myself for having invested so much money on a product that was not finished and which obviously will never be finished. Disapointed...

Hello there, neuroza. This is not the experience we want you to have. We will continue to record such feedback to notify our relevant team of the importance of the said function to our consumers. Rest assured that we always value our customer's feedback. Please pay attention to our official website for the latest news and updates. We always thank you for your understanding and support. Happy holidays.
2023-12-26
Use props
Blind Owl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132306 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-26 02:14
Hello there, neuroza. This is not the experience we want you to have. We will continue to record such feedback to notify our relevant team of the importance of the said function to our consumers. Rest assured that we always value our customer's feedback. Please pay attention to our official website for the latest news and updates. We always thank you for your understanding and support. Happy holidays.

In that case, show that you care and release the SDK.
So we can restore some trust in the brand.
1-1 04:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Blind Owl Posted at 1-1 04:03
In that case, show that you care and release the SDK.
So we can restore some trust in the brand.

Thank you for your feedback. We haven't received any relevant information about the said request.  We will surely announce any latest news and updates to our official website. We appreciate your understanding.
1-1 23:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules