Using a microphone on RC Pro
2241 9 2023-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_QAdG3CR6IBZv
lvl.1
United States

Anyone recording microphone audio on an RC PRo?

I was extremely disappointed to learn the RC pro has no built in mic.  I just dropped $1100 and it has less features than my Smart Remote???  

So, I plugged in a USB-C mic and I'm trying to get mic audio on my cached recorded video files but it won't work.  I do get mic audio on the screen record file but not on the cache recorded video files.

Can someone help?

2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please be informed that currently, only the screen recording files have been tested, and will contain audio. Cached videos will not have this function at present. We will forward your feedback instead to our developers for attention. Please stay tuned on our DJI Official Website (www.dji.com) for any relevant updates. Have a nice day.
2023-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The audio is only recorded for the screen recordings not the low res cache.  
2023-3-12
Use props
Aerial Moments
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1460653 ft
Greece

Did you figure it out ?

I am still having problem.. I can not find a mic that can be recognized from the RC PRO..

I have tried few USB C to 3.5 converters  and few mics without solution...

Can someone suggest what is he using ?
2023-4-21
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Aerial Moments Posted at 4-21 22:57
Did you figure it out ?

I am still having problem.. I can not find a mic that can be recognized from the RC PRO..

I'm using Rode Wireless GO II mic(s) for RC Pro screen recordings.
I think the DJI mic sounds better so you could look at that (I assume DJI mic will work).
A cheaper option is Rode Wireless ME.
I sometimes also use a Zoom H6 for ambient connected to the Rode Wireless GO II, but I had both of those before I bought RC Pro.  I didn't specifically go out and buy a mic for the RC Pro.

But again, I think the DJI mic sounds better.  Check with DJI for compatibility.
2023-4-25
Use props
Aerial Moments
lvl.3
Greece

DroneApe Posted at 4-25 17:30
I'm using Rode Wireless GO II mic(s) for RC Pro screen recordings.
I think the DJI mic sounds better so you could look at that (I assume DJI mic will work).
A cheaper option is Rode Wireless ME.

Thank you for your reply.

I am searching a cheap solution wired.

You are using top wireless products
2023-4-29
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Aerial Moments Posted at 4-29 01:56
Thank you for your reply.

I am searching a cheap solution wired.

The wired USB-C mic below has been tested  to work with rc pro,  It's $60 USD  Good luck.

Sennheiser Pro Audio Condenser Microphone, XS Lav USB-C (509261),Black

2023-4-29
Use props
Aerial Moments
lvl.3
Greece

DroneApe Posted at 4-29 03:40
The wired USB-C mic below has been tested  to work with rc pro,  It's $60 USD  Good luck.

Sennheiser Pro Audio Condenser Microphone, XS Lav USB-C (509261),Black

Thanks...

But still is strange, why few are working and few not...
2023-4-30
Use props
Tim Peterson5
lvl.2

United States

What a royal pain in the arse trying to pair controller  to mic then trying to add audio  to your saved video for us novice pilot 's,brain damage,hopefully dji can streamline  this process  soon. So for now we'll  hold off the purchase of dji microphone  bundle  for $350,roe isn't  an option because of poor audio sound,tin can garble sound watching comparison video's  with dji microphone  setup
4-7 10:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tim Peterson5 Posted at 4-7 10:57
What a royal pain in the arse trying to pair controller  to mic then trying to add audio  to your saved video for us novice pilot 's,brain damage,hopefully dji can streamline  this process  soon. So for now we'll  hold off the purchase of dji microphone  bundle  for $350,roe isn't  an option because of poor audio sound,tin can garble sound watching comparison video's  with dji microphone  setup

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
4-7 19:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules