1102 3 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brocklll
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hey DJI,

the mavic 2  and phantom 4 pro, the af-s/af-c switch was in the menu. The mavic 3 had standard af-s from the Release! But, for any reason DJI changed it to af-c (also while recording) in one of the last 2 FW-upgrades. Why did you do this DJI?

It's ruining a lot of my shots.

Please DJI,  bring back the the af-s/af-c option in the fly app!!! Its a must for professionals and quick workflow!

Thank you so much!!!
Best wishes
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 supports the AF-C and AF-S. Please note that the focus mode is AF-C by default. You can tap the screen to switch the focus mode to AF-S duuring capturing. However, if capturing in AF-S for a period or target is changed, the focus mode will be changed to AF-C and cannot be set to AF-S again. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-12
Use props
Brocklll
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-12 19:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 supports the AF-C and AF-S. Please note that the focus mode is AF-C by default. You can tap the screen to switch the focus mode to AF-S duuring capturing. However, if capturing in AF-S for a period or target is changed, the focus mode will be changed to AF-C and cannot be set to AF-S again. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi DJI Pladin,

thanks for your quick reply.
Unfortunately it is not reliably working as you described. If i do the tap-autofocus I had several examples, where the Mavic refocused e.g. for a tree that was passing close. this asbolutely ruined some of my shots, as the focus had to be on a building 50 meters away
And, it did not matter, if I did the tap focus while recording or before recording.

Please, why don´t your developers just bring back the af/afc toggle in the menu. would be so simple and soooo awesome. THANK YOU!!!
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Brocklll Posted at 3-14 12:36
Hi DJI Pladin,

thanks for your quick reply.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules