TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got it.  no crashes.
refreshed multiple times
All activated and updated.

Downward vision sensor error won't go away.
2023-3-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well that's no good. Suspect you can't lift off either?
2023-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

liftoff is ok, but error message is persistent.  And when landing, it does not want to and fights.  : )  I got a real winner here and I am more than annoyed.  A trip to UPS now awaits.
2023-3-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well I guess so. Hopefully you get a fully functioning replacement.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please connect the DJI Avata to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and conduct an automatic vision calibration according to the operation instruction in the software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 18:56
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please connect the DJI Avata to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and conduct an automatic vision calibration according to the operation instruction in the software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I did that three plus times.  It did not change the error message.
I also did firmware refresh, several times.

The drone has never been crashed, and did it from my very first flight.  I have already gotten a return label, but I have to tell you I'm really disappointed.  It will go out tomorrow, but I expect that I will be sent a new one.
2023-3-12
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Did you manage to solve this?
2023-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 3-13 18:52
Did you manage to solve this?

Nope.  It got sent via UPS today.  : (   Kind of bummed because i plopped down a cool amount of $ and bought a generous kit and lots of batteries.  Now, waiting on a replacement...  

Not a great start with Avata!
2023-3-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

TonyPHX Posted at 3-13 19:13
Nope.  It got sent via UPS today.  : (   Kind of bummed because i plopped down a cool amount of $ and bought a generous kit and lots of batteries.  Now, waiting on a replacement...  

Not a great start with Avata!

Sorry to hear that mate
2023-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ro_walker Posted at 3-13 19:44
Sorry to hear that mate

Bummed but hopeful.
2023-3-14
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

TonyPHX Posted at 3-14 10:46
Bummed but hopeful.

2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-12 20:42
I did that three plus times.  It did not change the error message.
I also did firmware refresh, several times.

Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for the update and we're sorry that the issue was not fixed by performing calibrations. Rest assured that the replacement will be a new one if you're still within the return/replacement warranty. Again, we're sorry if you have to go through these difficulties.
2023-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-15 19:03
Hi, TonyPHX. Thank you for the update and we're sorry that the issue was not fixed by performing calibrations. Rest assured that the replacement will be a new one if you're still within the return/replacement warranty. Again, we're sorry if you have to go through these difficulties.

Yes, I just received it brand new from DJI store so give that I had it for all of two days I should be within the return period.  Of course now I am seeing that UPS has magically lost my return or at least no tracking information is showing.  

I am now beyond upset about this.  Order Avata, receive it defective.  Send it back in....and it enters the black hole of shipping.  Not a great start with this new drone.
2023-3-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 20:45
Yes, I just received it brand new from DJI store so give that I had it for all of two days I should be within the return period.  Of course now I am seeing that UPS has magically lost my return or at least no tracking information is showing.  

I am now beyond upset about this.  Order Avata, receive it defective.  Send it back in....and it enters the black hole of shipping.  Not a great start with this new drone.

2023-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yeah.  I won't be shedding any tears, but I have to admit, I am really annoyed by the entire situation now.

If the drone was not defective, I would not have had to send.
Now, UPS is my issue.... and drone purchase and 2 years of refresh wasted.
2023-3-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

hope dji takes care of you.  dji should adopt the policy in these type of situations to send out a new drone immediately (in exchange for your credit card) with a return label to get the defective product back which should keep the customer happy.
2023-3-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, this one is on me.  UPS never got it scanned in so they dont eve show I dropped it off.  Either way, I would get billed.  I ordered and received 2k+ in gear and do not have the most important piece now. lol   its kind of funny.  
2023-3-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And now it has been located by the shipper and is on the way to DJI.  whew.   Should be ok once they get it and I get a new one back.  I do NOT want to be one of those people that talk about going through multiple returns and exchanges.  I am not doing this again.  : )
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-16 08:23
And now it has been located by the shipper and is on the way to DJI.  whew.   Should be ok once they get it and I get a new one back.  I do NOT want to be one of those people that talk about going through multiple returns and exchanges.  I am not doing this again.  : )

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will pay attention to your case and if you need any support, please let us know here anytime.
2023-3-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-16 18:07
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will pay attention to your case and if you need any support, please let us know here anytime.

Thank you DJI Natalia.  I really appreciate it.  I got off to a bad start with this new order, and it is the first time I have received a new drone from DJI defective on arrival.  I have sent plenty of crashed ones in for service and have always been happy with refresh and repair, but I at least want to have the new out of box experience with a working drone.
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 20:45

Hi, TonyPHX. We're deeply troubled to learn about the unpleasant experience you had with our product/service. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We want to assure you that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly and efficiently as possible, however, the shipment is out of our control. But don't worry as I've checked, the tracking number has been updated and it should arrive in our facility anytime soon. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-3-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-17 22:53
Hi, TonyPHX. We're deeply troubled to learn about the unpleasant experience you had with our product/service. Please accept our heartfelt apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We want to assure you that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly and efficiently as possible, however, the shipment is out of our control. But don't worry as I've checked, the tracking number has been updated and it should arrive in our facility anytime soon. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Well, they have it.  Wondering when I will get a replacement working Avata.
2023-3-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

They seem to be taking their time.  
2023-3-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Beyond livid.  Now I am told to send in battery, googles, etc...seriously?  This delays me another week.  I am now beyond infuriated.
2023-3-22
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wowser, wonder why they’re asking for that.
2023-3-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

And hours later, no return label....

So much for help.

I am about done and ready to get a refund for all of it.  This was supposed to be my fun drone.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-22 14:30
And hours later, no return label....

So much for help.

Sorry for the belated reply.
We noticed we sent you the shipping label/return label today, may we know if you receive it?
If there is anything else that we can do, please just let us know as well.
2023-3-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Received and shipped.  So discouraged with this experience.  
2023-3-23
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

don't get dicouraged, its a fun drone to fly in acro mode when it works fine.  
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-23 10:15
Received and shipped.  So discouraged with this experience.

Thanks for your updated information, we will ask them to handle it first.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2023-3-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It's almost April.  I ordered this drone in February.  Still nothing other than the defective drone, and now dealing with UPS.  I put in for a refund to protect my return period.  This is just really discouraging.   Lots of money spent with still nothing to show for it.
2023-3-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-27 08:51
It's almost April.  I ordered this drone in February.  Still nothing other than the defective drone, and now dealing with UPS.  I put in for a refund to protect my return period.  This is just really discouraging.   Lots of money spent with still nothing to show for it.

that sad to hear.  i wouldn't give up on the fpv world.  i've only flown my avata a couple of times and i think i like the fpv better.  i learned on teh fpv and i think it is suitable to start with even though it may not be built like a tank.  but so much more fpv fun for me (maybe i need to give avata more time).  the fpv is on sale right now, perhaps you may want to try it?  it's also like a new fpv model is coming soon.....
2023-3-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-27 09:41
that sad to hear.  i wouldn't give up on the fpv world.  i've only flown my avata a couple of times and i think i like the fpv better.  i learned on teh fpv and i think it is suitable to start with even though it may not be built like a tank.  but so much more fpv fun for me (maybe i need to give avata more time).  the fpv is on sale right now, perhaps you may want to try it?  it's also like a new fpv model is coming soon.....

I'll order again from another company and start over.  

I do enjoy the regular DJI FPV.  Just crashed it really good the other day. : )  
2023-3-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-27 09:45
I'll order again from another company and start over.  

I do enjoy the regular DJI FPV.  Just crashed it really good the other day. : )

sounds good.  i have found these guys to be pretty good for several of my drone kit needs.  dji doesn't charge sales tax in my state so they are my go-to but neither does:

https://advexure.com/products/dj ... ombo-with-goggles-2

also b&h is another good merchant, if you have their payboo card, they pay the sales tax with could probably save you $100.
2023-3-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 3-27 10:17
sounds good.  i have found these guys to be pretty good for several of my drone kit needs.  dji doesn't charge sales tax in my state so they are my go-to but neither does:

https://advexure.com/products/dji-avata-pro-view-combo-with-goggles-2

Could not agree more on advexure.  Thank you!  Good call.
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-27 12:24
Could not agree more on advexure.  Thank you!  Good call.

Hi, TonyPHX.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team and will see how we can do better with this part.
And we noticed that your order has been refunded from our system, may we know if you received it already?
Also, we appreciate your patience and understanding and if you need any support later, you can contact me here anytime.
2023-3-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-28 19:50
Hi, TonyPHX.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team and will see how we can do better with this part.

The refund is in promise and I just got another Avata from Advexure.  This one works.  How about the coupon for the motion controller upgrade?
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-29 08:42
The refund is in promise and I just got another Avata from Advexure.  This one works.  How about the coupon for the motion controller upgrade?

Thanks for your update, TonyPHX.
Regarding the coupon, we have confirmed with the team and noticed that users who purchased and activated the DJI Avata Pro-View Combo or DJI Avata Fly Smart Combo before July 1, 2023 are eligible for this event (purchasing DJI RC Motion 2 with a discount coupon). The coupon will be automatically sent to the related DJI account that is used to activate the product, and the validity period is six months from the date of receipt.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules