Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SDK POLL- URGENT
13964 202 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

It is invain to poll because DJI doesn't care about the opinion of its customers.
2023-3-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 23:20
Thanks for reaching out and for creating this poll. We appreciate the effort you put into this. We will help you communicate this request and rest assured that this will be forwarded to our developers. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Do you happen to know why some people can not see the poll?
I can but some can't.
2023-3-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I vote for YES PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
2023-3-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 3-13 23:20
Hi, Suren. Thanks for reaching out and for creating this poll. We appreciate the effort you put into this. We will help you communicate this request and rest assured that this will be forwarded to our developers. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Thanks Tony, hopefully this poll shakes some roots and gets us the long awaited Mavic 3 SDK. It would be highly appreciated if from your side that you could also put some pressure and point this thread to your higher ups.
2023-3-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans78766c93 Posted at 3-14 02:09
Where is the poll? I don't see any poll.

Did you not notice the first post?
2023-3-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

LoveYou Posted at 3-14 04:46
It is invain to poll because DJI doesn't care about the opinion of its customers.

Maybe but if we don't try we will never know. We need to think positive sometimes and not always think that I am wasting my time in asking because if you don't take a chance in life you will never know the actual outcome by sitting back.
2023-3-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 3-14 09:52
Maybe but if we don't try we will never know. We need to think positive sometimes and not always think that I am wasting my time in asking because if you don't take a chance in life you will never know the actual outcome by sitting back.

I don't have a Mavic 3, probably never will, BUT I believe the SDK would benefit a large section of owners. I vote YES!!! ASAP!!! I also think this all the remarks on this forum was responsible for waypoints on the Mavic 3!!! So, YES, DJI DOES read and listen. Sometimes.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-14 07:06
Do you happen to know why some people can not see the poll?
I can but some can't.

Hi, Sean. We can see a pilot reported that the poll does not show. We need to confirm it first.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans78766c93 Posted at 3-14 02:09
Where is the poll? I don't see any poll.

Hi there. We're sorry about that. You can see the poll on Suren's original post #1.

If it doesn't appear on your end, kindly post a screenshot of the page for confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Suren Posted at 3-14 09:50
Thanks Tony, hopefully this poll shakes some roots and gets us the long awaited Mavic 3 SDK. It would be highly appreciated if from your side that you could also put some pressure and point this thread to your higher ups.

We understand, Suren. We will continue to communicate this request. We appreciate your understanding. Stay safe.
2023-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-15 00:03
Hi there. We're sorry about that. You can see the poll on Suren's original post #1.
[view_image]
If it doesn't appear on your end, kindly post a screenshot of the page for confirmation. Thank you.

Android 11. Forum' Mobile version, can't see the poll.
poll.jpg
2023-3-15
Use props
Geoff44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30233 ft
Australia

More fool me I took it for granted M3 would run Litchi  I need sdk
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_4Pcb1sBt1lqv
New
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-15 00:33
Android 11. Forum' Mobile version, can't see the poll.
[view_image][Image]

I also can not see the poll. Same as the screenshot above.
2023-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

djiuser_4Pcb1sBt1lqv Posted at 3-15 16:05
I also can not see the poll. Same as the screenshot above.

On the product page where all the threads are listed, go all the way down and choose PC Version.  Go to the thread and the poll will appear.
2023-3-15
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

LoveYou Posted at 3-14 04:46

That isnt true. Many of the changes we have seen with mavic 3 are directly resulted from customer feedback. I think the biggest one was the ability to control maximum speed for cine mode. There was an online petition that went around to "bring back tripod mode" which essentially is just a really slow cine mode. This feature had been missing from mavic drones for years. It is now back with mavic 3, in direct response to its request. There are many other changes DJI made to this drone that I think you could easily argue were direct results of community requests. To say DJI ignores the community is simply not true. That is typical consumerist frustration speaking because you arent handed every single thing you ask for.

Often what gets missed in a community who is constantly asking for stuff, is DJI's position on why they dont do certain things we ask. Often there is very good reason for it, and reasons that the community either is oblivious to, or totally ignores.
2023-3-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let us now escalate to bribery.  To the DJI employee that makes the SDK happen, I will ship you a generous order from Omaha Steaks.  I cannot be more direct than that.  Between the poll, the long running discussion, the user feedback, the developer forum, and endless community engagement on this subject, I am not sure what else would work to help DJI do the right thing.
2023-3-17
Use props
thethomasthomas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I absolutely need this because Mavic 3 is lacking far too many features for a premium drone. And the features it has are not customisable enough. For example, I am sick of panoramas taking 60-70% longer because they are stitching a poor quality panorama. Let me choose to not stitch the panoram MID FLIGHT! It is absolutely crazy to force us to stitch massive panoramas in flight, only to throw them away and stitch them properly on a desktop. Release the SDK! Here is an older poll which received thousands of votes. https://www.change.org/p/dji-please-give-the-mavic-3-sdk-support-just-as-your-older-drones-have
2023-3-18
Use props
fans53bc1c8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6276 ft
United States

I don’t see the poll but my vote is yes release the SDK!!! We bought the Mavic 3 before the enterprise versions were out assuming the SDK would eventually be released. To use for MAPPING in Pix4Dcapture.
2023-3-18
Use props
fans53bc1c8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6276 ft
United States

Screenshot of what I see of the original post.
DD2C5D73-8087-4D4F-AEE2-63F74DE28AC5.png
2023-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

fans53bc1c8e Posted at 3-18 07:39
Screenshot of what I see of the original post.

Please read post Nr 54
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14463940 ft
  • >>>
Canada

We need the SDK for the Mavic 3, and we deserve it. If there was not a promise from DJI it was coming before I bought I would disappointed, but they said it was coming then changed their minds. In my opinion that is dishonest business.
2023-3-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, @Suren, the poll has gone on more than long enough to get a good sense of the user sentiment.  The naysayers will say that the poll is statistically biased , but the other way to look at it is that the most loyal fans of the brand are here giving their feedback.  Will it be ignored or will it finally be acted upon?  

Anyways - just wondering - have you been able to connect again with your contact that had suggested this poll?  Clearly they can see the demand now I would hope.
2023-3-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 3-19 22:21
So, @Suren, the poll has gone on more than long enough to get a good sense of the user sentiment.  The naysayers will say that the poll is statistically biased , but the other way to look at it is that the most loyal fans of the brand are here giving their feedback.  Will it be ignored or will it finally be acted upon?  

Anyways - just wondering - have you been able to connect again with your contact that had suggested this poll?  Clearly they can see the demand now I would hope.

Hey Tony, I have not emailed the bloke again due to work commitments and going on 6 weeks leave in a few days, I have been really busy but I will drop him an email today when I reach work. Hopefully something comes of it.
2023-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is also https://www.change.org/p/dji-ple ... r-older-drones-have
2023-3-20
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Renames Posted at 3-12 15:22
Pretty simple

The Mavic 3 didn’t sell as well as they hoped..

They made 3 versions of Mavic 1 “Best selling drone ever” many versions of the mini the phantom 4 and this flys in the face of everything you write.
2023-3-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 10:16
There is also https://www.change.org/p/dji-ple ... r-older-drones-have

I signed this as well
2023-3-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 3-21 09:51
I signed this as well

That's cheating, lol.
2023-3-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hahaha I know but every little bit counts
2023-3-21
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they are serious about listening to us, then huge props to you for making it happen.  Not sure why they think we don't want it, since it is the most talked about subject related to the M3 on multiple forums.
2023-3-22
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

GadgetGuy Posted at 3-13 00:34
Unfortunately, no matter how obvious it is from this poll that the SDK is needed, DJI will simply discount the entire poll, assuming they ever cared about the results in the first place, by referencing the mere 32 people who responded to the poll, of which 29 out of several hundred thousand Mavic 3 owners said we need the SDK.

DJI has already made it abundantly clear they have no intention of  releasing an SDK for the Mavic 3. Even if 100% of 300,000 Mavic 3 owners said they needed it, it still wouldn't change their minds!  We already bought it without it!   This isn't majority rule. DJI does what they want, not what we want them to do.

Well, they should pay attention, and realize that not releasing it will affect their sales of the Mavic 4, since people are not going to be lied to again.
2023-3-22
Use props
jimm00re
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

As one who was in the market for a drone recently, I did not go with DJI because of the lack of SDK releases.
2023-3-22
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jimm00re Posted at 3-22 19:40
As one who was in the market for a drone recently, I did not go with DJI because of the lack of SDK releases.

Care to tell us what you bought instead?
2023-3-22
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

coloradoskier Posted at 3-22 12:25
Well, they should pay attention, and realize that not releasing it will affect their sales of the Mavic 4, since people are not going to be lied to again.

You'll be surprised to see how many who've posted here on this thread will buy the mavic4 regardless
2023-3-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 3-22 21:24
You'll be surprised to see how many who've posted here on this thread will buy the mavic4 regardless

Yep the usual feeding frenzy will ensue.
2023-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-23 14:12
Yep the usual feeding frenzy will ensue.

Didnt think we would see Mavic 4 until the end of the year though.   Still waiting for the slow speed mode that Philip Bloom announced was coming to Mini 3.
2023-3-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 04:08
Didnt think we would see Mavic 4 until the end of the year though.   Still waiting for the slow speed mode that Philip Bloom announced was coming to Mini 3.

Uuum who is he?
2023-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you not see the video -

\
2023-3-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That I remember, no.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_MDxZO91gOq96
New

Canada

I recently purchased my M3C from Amazon and while I understand that I'm not getting the RTK functions. It still takes 20mp images and if accuracy is required. Setting GCP's is more than accurate while working with a surveyor.

My main desire for this drone was

A.) Higher quality images/video than my air 2
B.) The potential to generate high quality 3D Models to prospective clients that don't require pinpoint accuracy.
C.) Price

Truly an SDK for the M3C would be amazing for people just testing the waters of doing Ortho Mapping.

Its sad that the canned response is simply just - well nobody wants it anyway.

2023-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Of course we do need an SDK, which would allow other vendors to provide a software solution where Fly app falls short, or simply where particular software/results are requested/specified.
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules