o(^-^)o
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CuAnnan Posted at 6-1 08:22
It's been pointed to. In this thread.
But I don't have screen shots of where the SDK was initially a selling point, no. I didn't think "Hey, I'm going to need to prove that this is now a thing in the future" at the time. I kinda just assumed they'd be as good as their word.

Again you say they should be as good as their word. But nobody not a single person can point to this so called word. Makes you think. I do know they never said anything about releasing SDK for the Mini but did, so I’m not convinced this is anything to do with breaking ones word.
2023-6-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

digibud Posted at 6-1 09:08
1. We need the SDK. I bought the Mav3 in SPITE of the lack of SDK which I find unconscionable.

Man that makes no sense at all.
2023-6-1
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obviously I don't think so. I think DJI's decision is unconscionable , ie unscrupulous. It is a marketing decision designed to maximize their profits which is both understandable but unscrupulous.  Like many people I can't afford a higher end drone yet wanted the tele lens so yeah...I got it...and now have the Mav3 Pro (and Avata...Mavic, FPV, and Mini 3 Pro) but I think DJI should provide the SDK for the Mav 3 line given it's expense. Others may disagree but buying something in spite of having misgivings because of features you believe -should- be available is just how it goes.
2023-6-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-6-21
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

Suren Posted at 6-21 10:47
Hey Guys, So after a while, I had a talk to a person from Dji, not customer care, and it was a 1 hour long conversation where I explained the benefits of us having the SDK released for the Mavic 3 series drones. I was asked why I don't want to buy the M3E which has the SDK and I gave my reasons why, also spoke about the lack of 4G connection outside of Chine and the lack of full camera control in the current waypoints in Dji Fly, I actually recommended that if they could use features from Dji GO4 that would make many pilots happy. I was told that this issue with the SDK will now be escalated higher up and I have the persons direct email of which they said that if there is any issues that we need raising, I can send an email.

Thank you Suren for your efforts on this.
S.
2023-6-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 6-21 10:47
Hey Guys, So after a while, I had a talk to a person from Dji, not customer care, and it was a 1 hour long conversation where I explained the benefits of us having the SDK released for the Mavic 3 series drones. I was asked why I don't want to buy the M3E which has the SDK and I gave my reasons why, also spoke about the lack of 4G connection outside of Chine and the lack of full camera control in the current waypoints in Dji Fly, I actually recommended that if they could use features from Dji GO4 that would make many pilots happy. I was told that this issue with the SDK will now be escalated higher up and I have the persons direct email of which they said that if there is any issues that we need raising, I can send an email.

What did they say regarding the poll? The result is fairly conclusive within the group that voted.
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_pMcRJBAGNfFK
New
Flight distance : 20207 ft
United Kingdom

Thank You, Suren, for your efforts.  I suspect there are, in fact, quite a lot of us around the globe seeking the same SDK for the Mavic 3. It's also a major issue for many on the Mavic 3 Forum (mavic pilots.com).  Purchased mine two months before they announced they weren't going to release it!!!!  Talk about gutted, as it was specifically ordered with the SDK in mind.  Maybe another poll with more people alerted to the pole to swell the respondents ( I wasn't aware, I'm afraid) might once again get them to re-think and re-enforce the numbers wishing to get it released.  From Suren's email, it seems that they are not entirely aware of why we wish so much to have it, how many of us actually want it and why we all can't just go out and spend a few more thousand bucks on a very similar drone. I know they are clearly trying to protect the Enterprise Series sales, but this leaves many quite upset and out of pocket from DJI's decision.  Even a Retrospective Update for drones purchased before X serial number and E series release date would be fairer to us that purchased the Mavic 3 with the expectation of them providing the SDK,  and that would enable them to protect the Enterprise series from X date onwards.
2023-6-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_pMcRJBAGNfFK Posted at 6-29 10:02
Thank You, Suren, for your efforts.  I suspect there are, in fact, quite a lot of us around the globe seeking the same SDK for the Mavic 3. It's also a major issue for many on the Mavic 3 Forum (mavic pilots.com).  Purchased mine two months before they announced they weren't going to release it!!!!  Talk about gutted, as it was specifically ordered with the SDK in mind.  Maybe another poll with more people alerted to the pole to swell the respondents ( I wasn't aware, I'm afraid) might once again get them to re-think and re-enforce the numbers wishing to get it released.  From Suren's email, it seems that they are not entirely aware of why we wish so much to have it, how many of us actually want it and why we all can't just go out and spend a few more thousand bucks on a very similar drone. I know they are clearly trying to protect the Enterprise Series sales, but this leaves many quite upset and out of pocket from DJI's decision.  Even a Retrospective Update for drones purchased before X serial number and E series release date would be fairer to us that purchased the Mavic 3 with the expectation of them providing the SDK,  and that would enable them to protect the Enterprise series from X date onwards.

There is a thread on mavic pilots aimed specifically at this thread

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... lowing-poll.135943/
2023-6-29
Use props
djiuser_pMcRJBAGNfFK
New
Flight distance : 20207 ft
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-29 10:31
There is a thread on mavic pilots aimed specifically at this thread

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/for-those-interested-in-an-sdk-for-the-mavic-3-you-might-like-to-participate-in-the-following-poll.135943/

OK, clearly missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out.  Back to square 1, then.  
2023-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-23 02:09
What did they say regarding the poll? The result is fairly conclusive within the group that voted.

They did not mention the poll but I am sure it got their attention hence the long conversation and persuasion as to why we don't want to buy the Mavic 3 and the Enterprise which already has the SDK released.
2023-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 6-22 23:00
Thank you Suren for your efforts on this.
S.

You are welcome
2023-6-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Appreciate you working on this @Suren and for being persistent.  It can be frustrating to advocate for something when random voices question the need without fully understanding all of the business and creative potential of having the SDK.  I was discussing the Mavic 3's lack of SDK with a local drone flyer recently and I mentioned to him that there was no SDK for consumer series 3's and his response was "Well, I don't care, I use Litchi anyways."  Sometimes I can only shake my head....
2023-6-30
Use props
JAC_Arq
lvl.1

Argentina

No news on SDK yet? This is surprisingly ironic. I want to buy a Mavic 3 Classic so bad, but I need it for photogrammetry, and I can't afford to spend double the money on an Enterprise version. It's just dumb that the Mini 3 which has been released later than M3, has SDK released, but not the M3 consumer versions.

COME ON DJI...
2023-7-20
Use props
VilletheFin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25092 ft
Finland

I see a lot of people here talking about how the enterprise series isn't possible because of the price, but there's also another huge issue, the weight. All the enterprise versions as well as any thermal camera etc. weight above 900 grams, which makes impossible to fly in urban areas without special and expensive permission.

I know the Mini 3 could be used instead, but I sold my Mini 3 Pro and switched to Mavic 3 before they said they would release an SDK for the Mini series, and I believed that Mavic 3 would be prioritized for some reason... Stupid me.
2023-8-9
Use props
DarkTreader
lvl.1

United States

We want and need the release.   Too much of the drones capabilities are lost to the bigger market.   Repost this poll or find a way to make it more visible.   Not a lot replied because it's not real visible and tired of being ignored.
2023-8-24
Use props
Turritobowl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351404 ft
United States

The fact that they think very few want it is ridiculous, especially when you consider how minimal the effort would be to add support to the SDK.

The M3E doesn't have RTK by default, so the code related to movement of all versions of the M3 should be the same. That means they only need to add configurations for the other 3 cameras (unless the M3E main camera is the same Hasselblad, in which case it would be two other cameras).
2023-8-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Guys. As per request from Dji  can someone or various people that makes good use of the SDK advice so that I can forward communication to them. They have asked about what is the SDK needed for and used, what Waypoints features are missing so that they can implement it - like what does Litchi do that the Fly App can't do during waypoints. I highlighted the limited camera functions but what else is missing. I asked that they compare the Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 as well.
2023-9-5
Use props
RevitDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46135 ft

United States

I currently use a Phantom 3 Adv with DJI GS Pro for waypoint flights.
I have been given the go ahead to get a new drone and have yet to purchase until there is a non buggy Litchi API workable with the Mavic 3 or forthcoming 4. Even the classic would be over kill for construction surveys.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_RmrW8II36Fkn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2973045 ft
Italy

Hi Suren, thank you very much for your efforts. Besides all the mapping/3D Scanning features for which I've found a workaround (https://youtu.be/4k9uwlP-x5Q?si=2-WMGTgK0n02buUF), the first thing that comes to my mind is bracketed spherical panoramas with an option to choose how many rows and columns to shoot. It would be like a "resolution" option for panoramas with bracketed exposures for true HDR Panorama stitching. Also an option to disable the onboard panorama stitching: it just takes too long and I know I'm going to stitch those photos in post anyway, so it's blocking my drone for nothing.
2023-9-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_RmrW8II36Fkn Posted at 9-6 13:46
Hi Suren, thank you very much for your efforts. Besides all the mapping/3D Scanning features for which I've found a workaround (https://youtu.be/4k9uwlP-x5Q?si=2-WMGTgK0n02buUF), the first thing that comes to my mind is bracketed spherical panoramas with an option to choose how many rows and columns to shoot. It would be like a "resolution" option for panoramas with bracketed exposures for true HDR Panorama stitching. Also an option to disable the onboard panorama stitching: it just takes too long and I know I'm going to stitch those photos in post anyway, so it's blocking my drone for nothing.

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this on.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_i7nH823Q0XQw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1397989 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why wouldn't you release the SDK, I've used all my drones with DJI Fly and 3rd party apps to do things like 3D modelling and terrain aware photogrammetry.

It's amazing that my Mavic 3 is locked to only photos and videos, yet I could literally create 3D models using a Mavic Mini 1 and the Drone Harmony app.

Really it just removes any consumer incentives to purchase a new DJI drone, it's cheaper to stay with an older drone with additional features that are unlocked by 3rd party apps.

The excuse is that the Mavic 3 Enterprise has these additional  features built in, that's great except  for the fact that you could get two M3P for the price of a M3E
2023-9-10
Use props
Dr_Zoidberg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251519 ft

Georgia

We demand SDK!!!
2023-9-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Demand?   How is that working out for you?
2023-9-10
Use props
Guitars555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451447 ft
United States

SDK is very much needed for the Mavic 3 Pro!
2023-9-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have extended the Poll so vote vote vote
2023-9-21
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Suren Posted at 9-21 10:54
I have extended the Poll so vote vote vote

Can they ignore us for ever?
2023-9-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 9-21 20:45
Can they ignore us for ever?

Nah, we will keep pestering them
2023-9-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 9-21 21:56

Persistence deserves a upvote!!!  
2023-9-21
Use props
VilletheFin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25092 ft
Finland

Suren Posted at 9-5 21:41
Hey Guys. As per request from Dji  can someone or various people that makes good use of the SDK advice so that I can forward communication to them. They have asked about what is the SDK needed for and used, what Waypoints features are missing so that they can implement it - like what does Litchi do that the Fly App can't do during waypoints. I highlighted the limited camera functions but what else is missing. I asked that they compare the Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 as well.

There are plently of services/software where we are able to plan missions(Area or path) and even optimize the missions for time or photos or whatever is per case. This cannot be done with just waypoints.

Why not use Enterprise? Because they weight over the C1 class and cannot be used in urban areas without a special permission at least in the EU, which can increases costs way beyond just the drone cost. Also requires special work like clearing out a whole area under the drone if it's not C1 class.

2023-9-22
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

So I did a bit of search regarding DJI mentioning SDK for the mavic 3...

So far I got:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... ic-3-air-2s.119731/

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-3-sdk.124040/

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... 11704089-Tony-Simek

https://web.archive.org/web/2022 ... icles/8818033368857

@Hallmark007     The last link tells you where William Wong  did edit the post and changed the story...

"I am sorry that the plan was changing quite often. You need to know that the Mavic 3 is a consumer level products. As you may know, only the enterprise level products support the waypointMissions. Therefore, you need to purchase an enterprise level products for your starting company. All I can tell you is we will release a new enterprise level product recently and it will suit your demands. It will be supported by MSDK when it comes out. Since we spend so much time on the enterprise level products, the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro's plan will be delayed. We havn't made any plans for next year yet. But at least they won't happen in this year."

William Wong said that SDK would have been available for the Mavic 3 by August 2022... The rest is history...

Hopefully they will change their mind again, but this is not a good way to run a business...
2023-9-22
Use props
Millscsinc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223865 ft
United States

The lack of an SDK for the Mavic 3 makes me question purchasing anything else from DJI. This makes their products too limited. Why would I buy something I know can’t be used to its full potential? I’ve purchased 4 DJI drones including the Mavic 3 classic. I had to do a little mapping project the other day and had to break out my old Air 2. Their old technology is actually more useful and versatile than their newer products. I mean what the point in buying anything else from them? DJI you need to release the SDK for the Mavic 3.
2023-9-23
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Suren Posted at 9-21 21:56

I really don't see why DJI is playing this card so badly...

I mean, if they didn't promise SDK or mention the future release for the Mavic 3, no one would/could have complained about...

So it seems that someone at DJI stuffed it up and released the info. Then the company had a change of strategy. I got no problem with that. They can do as they wish...

However, most companies in this situation would go into "damage control"... Release the SDK for the Mavic 3, fire the guy that released the info and move on as quick as possible...

Every extra day that this saga it is dragged on, it simply allows more and more people to join the discontent towards DJI lack of commitment and consideration for their customers...

Customer Dissatisfaction is real:

"Customer dissatisfaction is what arises as a result of some kind of shortcoming from your business in product quality, business conduct, pricing, or something else and it tends to be expressed via feedback resources like surveys and reviews.

Customer dissatisfaction can drag down any facet of your business. If it's left to run rampant, it has implications on your sales, marketing, and most obviously customer service efforts. In this day and age, you can't expect a dissatisfied customer to stew in silence over their issues with your business.

The modern consumer is vocal, and with platforms like social media and review sites at their disposal, they can reach a lot of people. If you have a base of disgruntled customers operating as anti-evangelists, you're going to run into trouble.

Consumers often trust each other more than they trust the companies they're buying from. So it's easy for a massive swath of angry customers, all venting their frustrations about you, to undermine your sales and marketing efforts.

On top of that, dissatisfied customers can inundate your customer service department with less-than-pleasant, exhausting support inquiries. It's crucial that you stay on top of any potential customer dissatisfaction, but to do that, it's important to understand where that frustration might be coming from.
"

The above is from one of the hundred sites available online to help companies understand where they are going wrong...
2023-9-23
Use props
djiuser_X2MzrGVfTz1q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88540 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 9-5 21:41

Suren, One of the major needs for the SDK is third party app developers Like Litchi and Aloft Air Control
2023-9-24
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Suren,     Imho there is a large gap between Enterprise and Consumer drones. Enterprise drones only provide basic color science choices , while Consumer drones have immensely  more color science options and
pro level videography and photography features. Enterprise drones barely take advantage of 2 or 3 Cameras that Mavic 3 Enterprise has, while Consumer series include HLG, D-Log, D-Log-M, advanced photography options , AEB, panos, etc. There is also ProRes that Cine versions of M3 Consumer have. There are also features that are being added to the Consumer drones that are not making it into the Enterprise series. Hence imho SDK is really needed for most / all consumer drones , especially the ones that have omni-directional obstacle sensing / avoidance so that Litchi and other third party apps can relatively safely execute mapping, missions, etc. Hope this helps. Just wanted to share my 2 cents on this.

Take care, Mike.
2023-9-25
Use props
Mark Watts
New

United States

I am a purely recreational user. I look forward to my daily sampling of the previous days posts.  While I have no reason to map, I think its important to have that option for the folks that utilize mapping regularly.

Keeping them and supporting then in our ecosystem is a positive thing. I cant speak to the business case.
2023-10-2
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed we need the SDK
2023-10-3
Use props
fansec7c88fe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1192152 ft
Argentina

Well well....we are in October 2023 and we still have no news about the SDK....Why should I have to pay more just to have the SDK? I already have my own EMLID equipment to do RTK work in the field, I don't need a drone with RTK, I just need the SDK to automate the flight and image capture.....but no...DJI considers my work to be consumer level and not enterprise level...
2023-10-4
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that no one at DJI has actually looked at the title of this thread...

@Suren, you may want to try to change the title to this:   SDK  紧急
2023-10-17
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 672995 ft
Spain

THE PROMISE ON NOVEMBER 2021:

AND THE CONFIRMATION OF THE BIGGEST LIE ON DJI HISTORY ON OCTOBER 2023:

¡¡¡DJI NEVER AGAIN!!!
2023-10-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 10-17 21:12
I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that no one at DJI has actually looked at the title of this thread...

@Suren, you may want to try to change the title to this:   SDK  紧急

Last when I heard from them, I was told they checked the thread but things have been silent recently, even with other questions I put to Dji, no reply nothing.
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules