14471 205 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I will definitely not be interested in a Mavic 4 should it also lack the SDK.  No reason to make the same mistake twice.
2023-3-27
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes need and want the SDK. This denial by DJI is a bunch of garbage.
2023-3-29
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-27 20:14
Well, I will definitely not be interested in a Mavic 4 should it also lack the SDK.  No reason to make the same mistake twice.

Exactly my position on it.  I am now looking at Anafi AI as my next purchase, tired of the games from DJI.
2023-3-30
Use props
BluVuDrones
lvl.1
Canada

Agreed.....SDK is needed & wanted for Mavic 3, Cine & Classic.  Not sure why they wouldn't do this for their customers, have a lot more happy one's.
2023-3-30
Use props
BluVuDrones
lvl.1
Canada

fans78766c93 Posted at 3-14 02:09
Where is the poll? I don't see any poll.

The Poll is on the 1st Post, choose A, B or C & submit.
2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_dKz42p805OaT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1452526 ft
Canada

Definitely want the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3!
2023-3-30
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_dKz42p805OaT Posted at 3-30 17:07
Definitely want the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3!

The reason the I want SDK is because I use Litchi Virtual Mission (LVM) to plan my mission.  With LVM, I am able to establish the waypoints in Google Earth and then fly the mission virtually using LVM.  This is an incredible time saver in the field.

There is another potential option.  An individual has developed a way to generate a mission in Litchi, and using this utility is able to upload a mission to the DJI Fly application.  There is one catch.  Litchi uses B-Spline at the waypoints and DJI uses Bezier curves-- so the missions will not be identical.  The difference is that B-Spline (Litchi) curves are smooth and do not go through the way point.  The DJI Fly (Bezier) goes exactly though the way points.  Hence, the change in direction at the way point will be abrupt and less cinematic with DJI Fly application.

Anyone interested about the ability to convert Litchi to DJI missions can learn about it here: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... n-converter.135385/

2023-3-30
Use props
djiuser_RmrW8II36Fkn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2973045 ft
Italy

I think an SDK should really be the LEAST DJI could provide for its FLAGSHIP Drone (it may not be Enterprise focused, but I'm pretty sure that ESPECIALLY those who spent €5000 on the Cine version don't consider it a 'consumer' level drone, it feels unfair even for my 'cheaper' 'standard' M3).Anyway I  have worked on a workaround as well. It uses completely free and open source software and a Python script that I wrote and tested. It's still being improved, as performing sequences of actions is still very buggy (although I followed DJI's Cloud API documentation) but you can run proper Mapping and Photogrammetry missions (it uses straight lines).

If you want to have a look at it, I made a YT Video, in the description you can find the GitHub Page:
If you use it, I would appreciate if you could let me know if it works well for you
2023-4-5
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

And now the Mavic 3 Pro is being leaked...
2023-4-6
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_RmrW8II36Fkn Posted at 4-5 14:18
I think an SDK should really be the LEAST DJI could provide for its FLAGSHIP Drone (it may not be Enterprise focused, but I'm pretty sure that ESPECIALLY those who spent €5000 on the Cine version don't consider it a 'consumer' level drone, it feels unfair even for my 'cheaper' 'standard' M3).Anyway I  have worked on a workaround as well. It uses completely free and open source software and a Python script that I wrote and tested. It's still being improved, as performing sequences of actions is still very buggy (although I followed DJI's Cloud API documentation) but you can run proper Mapping and Photogrammetry missions (it uses straight lines).

If you want to have a look at it, I made a YT Video, in the description you can find the GitHub Page: Video

I love this ambition. I’m a software engineer also and completely respect what you have done here.  I don’t touch Python or I would jump in and help out.  It is crazy we have to try and hack around DJI’s complete denial of an SDK.

I wanna grab your code and see what I can do with it, or port it to Swift / Objective C for MacOS 13+
2023-4-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

jimm00re Posted at 3-22 19:40
As one who was in the market for a drone recently, I did not go with DJI because of the lack of SDK releases.

I am with you,as I passed on DJI but for other reasons not SDK.
2023-4-15
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz Posted at 3-18 14:56
We need the SDK for the Mavic 3, and we deserve it. If there was not a promise from DJI it was coming before I bought I would disappointed, but they said it was coming then changed their minds. In my opinion that is dishonest business.

Lets say that all of a sudden DJI releases an SDK for the Mavic 3.
All of a sudden everything will be great , perfect you name it.
Until that wears off, then owners will find something else that DJI
could have,should have and (promised ).
Then the why are we not getting what was so called promised by DJI will start
all over again. This seems to be how it works.
2023-4-15
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Pastime Posted at 4-15 13:32

I have no idea what this post is supposed to say. "DJI should actually offer the things they say they will"?
Yes.
All of the features that they advertised. Literally all of them. By law. Always.
Why are you simping for DJI?
2023-4-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CuAnnan Posted at 4-17 12:13
I have no idea what this post is supposed to say. "DJI should actually offer the things they say they will"?
Yes.
All of the features that they advertised. Literally all of them. By law. Always.

Can you point to where they said they would release SDK. If you can maybe it would be better posted here . At this stage I can’t remember seeing it anywhere.
2023-4-17
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

CuAnnan Posted at 4-17 12:13
Yes.

I would like to know where it was said that DJI will offer and or promise an SDK for the Mavic 3
2023-4-17
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was in the release notes for about 2 weeks when the Mavic 3 pre-orders started.  
2023-4-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tom_765 Posted at 4-17 19:47
It was in the release notes for about 2 weeks when the Mavic 3 pre-orders started.

If thats right they should be still available. Maybe someone can track them down.
2023-4-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 4-15 13:32

That at least is a healthy relationship.  Sure, there may be future asks, but at least it is an ongoing business relationship.  Please don't make it out to be that just because we have a ask (SDK for now) that we are mindlessly whining.  This is a very reasonable and very specific request.
2023-4-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 4-17 18:17
I would like to know where it was said that DJI will offer and or promise an SDK for the Mavic 3

Previously posted also in the DJI developer center.  Subsequently redacted and scrubbed.  : )
2023-4-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oh and now the SDK site has removed all of the discussion comments about the lack of SDK for Mavic 3.  They are literally a clean slate....
2023-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

TonyPHX Posted at 4-20 22:19
Oh and now the SDK site has removed all of the discussion comments about the lack of SDK for Mavic 3.  They are literally a clean slate....

Maybe with the Mavic 3 Pro coming in next few days the SDK will be released. I cannot see Dji not releasing an SDK for a drone they put Pro on
2023-4-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 4-20 22:42
Maybe with the Mavic 3 Pro coming in next few days the SDK will be released. I cannot see Dji not releasing an SDK for a drone they put Pro on

Agreed! But what if they released the SDK only for the Mavic3 Pro
2023-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Monkey007 Posted at 4-20 23:41
Agreed! But what if they released the SDK only for the Mavic3 Pro

That would be rather wrong of them but I will not be jumping into a Mavic 3 Pro but would wait now to see
2023-4-21
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_VPEBc5uReoKz Posted at 3-13 11:54
It may be true only a limited number of Mavic 3 owners are on the forum. However if this is a reflection of what the majority of Mavic 3 owners want it's the percentage that counts, like any vote. Seeing over 90% of the members want the SKD released should tell them something.
In my mind, they claimed an SDK would be released during the M3 sales push and they should honor their word. I feel cheated.

Where did you get over 90% of the members from,oh wait only from the voting pole.
2023-4-21
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-27 20:14

Oh brother what next.
2023-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 4-20 23:41
Agreed! But what if they released the SDK only for the Mavic3 Pro

If that is the case, I will buy the pro.  : )
2023-4-21
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 3-13 09:28
I would suggest that it is very possible you are very wrong here. The forums here only have a few active members. While I am not aware of how many Mavic 3 drones have been sold around the world, I'm sure it is at least many tens of thousands, perhaps it could be even one digit higher. The forums make up at most a couple hundred people, and forums tend to be a group of your most enthusiastic users, who are always going to want more than is offered. The reality is that it is very likely that the vast majority of mavic 3 owners do not care at all about SDK being released, and even if it is released, I bet the majority of mavic 3 owners will not utilize it.

Having said that, I am not against DJI releasing SDK. I'm all for it in fact. Its not a big deal to me personally either way though. I do want to make the point though that just because you know a few dozen people in the forums and perhaps the facebook group who are begging for SDK, that does not mean the owners of the drone at large share in your desire. The vast majority of mavic 3 owners are not in this forum or on any facebook group. Keep in mind the online community here is a very very tiny percentage of the actual customer base. This poll is a good example. This poll is over 24 hours old now and only has 48 votes.

Perfect post could not agree more
2023-4-21
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cliff notes on this? Any update on sdk?
2023-5-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-1 11:05
Cliff notes on this? Any update on sdk?

@Suren,  I suspect you tried to make the case so thank you for trying.  The Cine has an amazing camera and I would have been able to exploit it much more with the SDK.  In any event, thank you for pushing on them.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-1 14:23
@Suren,  I suspect you tried to make the case so thank you for trying.  The Cine has an amazing camera and I would have been able to exploit it much more with the SDK.  In any event, thank you for pushing on them.

bummer. but not surprising.
2023-5-2
Use props
fans71026d5b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22507 ft
  • >>>
United States

As user of a dji camera drone (mavic 1 pro,  mavic 2 pro,  and now mavic 3 pro) I used the 3rd party navigation system for more than 50% of my flights on the older models.  It is essential for the mavic 3 pro.  I find it unusual that is released for the mini 3 and not the mavic 3. DJI, please understand the requirements of your customers.
2023-5-2
Use props
Silonmolix23
lvl.1

United States

We need SDK, DJI please
2023-5-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Silonmolix23 Posted at 5-3 12:40
We need SDK, DJI please

We can hope.  It seems even more reasonable now given that the 3 is now named the "Pro".  
2023-5-17
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 14:30
Can you point to where they said they would release SDK. If you can maybe it would be better posted here . At this stage I can’t remember seeing it anywhere.

Oh. I can. I bought the M3 on the back of the offer of the SDK. But I both own an M3E and recognise that spec drift is a real world problem, so beyond the principle of "DJI have some business practices I find questionable" (the "The DJI RC Pro enterprise is incompatible with the Mavic 3 because of requirement differences" outright lie, for example, springs directly to mind), I don't really have a dog in this fight.

My life would be made moderately easier by being able to pre-plan missions without the inconvenience that "writing a script to convert from one format to DJI's" would entail (I think there's someone else who has done this already, I'd probably crib off theirs).
2023-5-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CuAnnan Posted at 5-28 20:32
Oh. I can. I bought the M3 on the back of the offer of the SDK. But I both own an M3E and recognise that spec drift is a real world problem, so beyond the principle of "DJI have some business practices I find questionable" (the "The DJI RC Pro enterprise is incompatible with the Mavic 3 because of requirement differences" outright lie, for example, springs directly to mind), I don't really have a dog in this fight.

My life would be made moderately easier by being able to pre-plan missions without the inconvenience that "writing a script to convert from one format to DJI's" would entail (I think there's someone else who has done this already, I'd probably crib off theirs).

So can you point too where you seen this so others can also see it or not.
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_UoynrisPevog
lvl.1

Germany

We really need this sdk!!!
2023-5-29
Use props
djiuser_Haa2qw7WVsvg
lvl.1

Canada

Add SDK on the Mavic 3! DJI stop wasting our time and money!
2023-5-30
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-29 02:06
So can you point too where you seen this so others can also see it or not.

It's been pointed to. In this thread.
But I don't have screen shots of where the SDK was initially a selling point, no. I didn't think "Hey, I'm going to need to prove that this is now a thing in the future" at the time. I kinda just assumed they'd be as good as their word.
2023-6-1
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. We need the SDK. I bought the Mav3 in SPITE of the lack of SDK which I find unconscionable.
2023-6-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 6-1 09:08
1. We need the SDK. I bought the Mav3 in SPITE of the lack of SDK which I find unconscionable.

Are you saying that you bought the drone despite knowing there was no SDK and that the lack of an SDK is unconscionable?

If so might I ask what motivation is there in that action for DJI to release the SDK?
Surely the major motivation for DJI is sales and as such your action shoots your ''unconscionable" in the head, with a double barrelted shotgun?

If you find the lack of the SDK ''unconscionable" the wouldn't the thing to do be NOT buy the drone?

2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules