o(^-^)o
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Fozando Posted at 10-18 08:14
THE PROMISE ON NOVEMBER 2021:

[view_image]

Well I guess that based on this email, we are done here...

NO SDK for the Mavic 3.

Lesson learned.... Time to move on then...
2023-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 10-18 09:13
Last when I heard from them, I was told they checked the thread but things have been silent recently, even with other questions I put to Dji, no reply nothing.

How long are you going to keep fooling yourself.
DJI don't care and have completely ignored you the whole time.
2023-10-18
Use props
djiuser_e3Ti7pz1uYN5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2002995 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I own a Mavic 3 and when I purchased it I thought in 6 months DJI would release the SDK. My aim was and is to investigate about mapping and little by little get a better knowledge and buy a higher model.The impossibility to practice mapping with the Mavic 3 has left me stopped and my plans about developing my knowledge is kind of failed.
If you are a piano seller and I novice guy wants to learn and to improve, you will not show him the best piano. Just a normal one for him to develop knowledge and then give him the chance to buy the good piano. I that case, you, as a seller, will have won a loyal customer.
A good seller whould not close doors. The novice person may become into a great customer.
That is how market behaves worldwide.
2023-10-23
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

All credits to FotoDroneRS on Youtube
2023-11-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fozando Posted at 11-10 06:32
I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

Photogrammetry mission planification using DJI FLy waypoints

That's not a substitute for a real mapping app.
2023-11-18
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

Labroides Posted at 11-18 22:26
That's not a substitute for a real mapping app.

It is better than nothing.
For SDK request ask directly to DJI's lies departament, the best of the company
2023-11-19
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Fozando Posted at 11-19 00:21
It is better than nothing.
For SDK request ask directly to DJI's lies departament, the best of the company

Would that be "the relevant team"?

Not sure if you have ever seen this one...

Not mine, but I thought it was really funny...
2023-11-27
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

Burt37 Posted at 11-27 21:38
Would that be "the relevant team"?

Not sure if you have ever seen this one...

DJI Tony or another DJI Administrator on the forum

Do you have anything to say about this???

"We appreciate your suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support."

2023-11-28
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am pretty sure they are bots with ChatGPT engine.
2023-12-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-8 08:53
I am pretty sure they are bots with ChatGPT engine.

Yup, pretty sure. I messaged again and crickets, nothing, nadda
2023-12-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 12-8 12:33
Yup, pretty sure. I messaged again and crickets, nothing, nadda

If you really want to see how bad they are, use a mix of words and small pictures (with no description and a number for name)...

It confuses the hell out of them...
2023-12-8
Use props
ExpiditionaryAirfield
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121549 ft

United States

Until the Mavic 3 PRO SDK is released I will never Recommend a DJI Product to anyone. This anti-consumer behavior is disgusting, limiting to all parties. Because of the obvious disregard for DJI's consumer interests, I will make my family and friends well aware of DJI's disregard for their customers. If the bottom line is all they care about than lets not give them what they want until we get what we want. They're not working with us here and it is degrading to the value of our purchases.
2023-12-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

n

ExpiditionaryAirfield Posted at 12-11 17:04
Until the Mavic 3 PRO SDK is released I will never Recommend a DJI Product to anyone. This anti-consumer behavior is disgusting, limiting to all parties. Because of the obvious disregard for DJI's consumer interests, I will make my family and friends are well aware of their disregard for their customers. If the bottom line is all they care about than lets not give them what they want until we get what we want. They're not working with us here and it is degrading to the value of our purchases.

While I agree with you 100% on the subject, you are however a bit late...

DJI will NOT release the SDK for the Mavic 3 or 3 pro...

It is over.... Unless... They start to loose profits...

The best thing we can all do, it is to vote with our wallet!
2023-12-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 12-11 17:22
While I agree with you 100% on the subject, you are however a bit late...

DJI will NOT release the SDK for the Mavic 3 or 3 pro...

Which is the reason I held myself back from getting the Mini 4 and Air 3. I always buy the new foldable drones that come out but have stopped at the Mavic 3 Pro and I don't see myself getting anything newer unless Dji ups their game on consumer drones. They make great drones but little things that we had with older drones should be carried over to the newer consumer models.
2023-12-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 12-11 18:54
Which is the reason I held myself back from getting the Mini 4 and Air 3. I always buy the new foldable drones that come out but have stopped at the Mavic 3 Pro and I don't see myself getting anything newer unless Dji ups their game on consumer drones. They make great drones but little things that we had with older drones should be carried over to the newer consumer models.

I can assure you that we are not the only ones that are doing this...

It is the best way to let a company know of their wrong doing...

Why pretend that everything is ok, when clearly it is not... (bigger picture here)

Unfortunately, it has slowly become the norm for most business to adopt this kind of attitude...

2023-12-11
Use props
ExpiditionaryAirfield
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121549 ft

United States

Burt37 Posted at 12-11 19:15
I can assure you that we are not the only ones that are doing this...

It is the best way to let a company know of their wrong doing...

On the plus side, decisions like these give what minor competition DJI has in the consumer market more room to attract customers by avoiding theses same price schemes. I'm just disapointed that the one brand where "made in China" wasn't an insult has seemingly lapsed in its dedication to the highest quality product development. These drones are briliant examples of engineering that have been detracted in their functional utility to what end? To compromise one feature for another in order to market 6 different varriants? I'm still not happy about this but will stop crying about it on this forum because clearly the manufactureer could care less in this regard. Maybe when the next gen roles out we finally get a bone thrown our way in that regard.
2023-12-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

ExpiditionaryAirfield Posted at 12-11 19:35
On the plus side, decisions like these give what minor competition DJI has in the consumer market more room to attract customers by avoiding theses same price schemes. I'm just disapointed that the one brand where "made in China" wasn't an insult has seemingly lapsed in its dedication to the highest quality product development. These drones are briliant examples of engineering that have been detracted in their functional utility to what end? To compromise one feature for another in order to market 6 different varriants? I'm still not happy about this but will stop crying about it on this forum because clearly the manufactureer could care less in this regard. Maybe when the next gen roles out we finally get a bone thrown our way in that regard.

Why wait for a bone, when you can eat the entire steak?

My brother did the switch to Autel after waiting for at least 6 months for DJI to do something about the monthly log out saga. They never made a move, lost a customer (actually more than one) and I haven't heard my brother complaining once since he made the move...

And don't quote me on this, but I believe that the Autel also support SDK...

https://www.autelpilot.com/blogs ... console-quick-guide
2023-12-12
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you see my profile, I use to buy all DJI drones. NOT any more. The Mini 3 Pro was my last drone since I realized they will never give the SDK they promise to my Mavic 3. I promise I will not get more DJI drones if they do not release the SDK for the Mavic 3 and I will not buy more DJI drones for that reason. Is time to move to an American company that value and respect customers and not lie to them.
2023-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-12 17:01
If you see my profile, I use to buy all DJI drones. NOT any more. The Mini 3 Pro was my last drone since I realized they will never give the SDK they promise to my Mavic 3. I promise I will not get more DJI drones if they do not release the SDK for the Mavic 3 and I will not buy more DJI drones for that reason. Is time to move to an American company that value and respect customers and not lie to them.

Is time to move to an American company that value and respect customers and not lie to them.
That's all very well, but what American made drone comes close to matching DJI's quality, features and price?
An affordable, quality American-built consumer drone is out there among the unicorns, tooth fairies and cheap lawyers.
2023-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 12-12 01:53
Why wait for a bone, when you can eat the entire steak?

My brother did the switch to Autel after waiting for at least 6 months for DJI to do something about the monthly log out saga. They never made a move, lost a customer (actually more than one) and I haven't heard my brother complaining once since he made the move...

And don't quote me on this, but I believe that the Autel also support SDK...
Perhaps Autel has an SDk, but do any mapping software makers support it?
DroneDeploy doesn't.
2023-12-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-12 19:51
And don't quote me on this, but I believe that the Autel also support SDK...
Perhaps Autel has an SDk, but do any mapping software makers support it?
DroneDeploy doesn't.

At least they are showing the good intention to release one...

And as far as DJI "Quality and features", perhaps in the past when Phantom 4 was the king of the hill...

Now,... I'm not so sure.... It would be interesting to see how they would go if they had some serious competition...
2023-12-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 12-13 01:58
At least they are showing the good intention to release one...

And as far as DJI "Quality and features", perhaps in the past when Phantom 4 was the king of the hill...

It would be interesting to see how they would go if they had some serious competition.
You mean if another manufacturer could develop something with similar quality and features?
It hasn't happened yet and might be a long tome before it happens.
DJI has a massive lead.

2023-12-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-13 10:58
It would be interesting to see how they would go if they had some serious competition.
You mean if another manufacturer could develop something with similar quality and features?
It hasn't happened yet and might be a long tome before it happens.

Hell no...

I mean, a company that release products that have been tested with features that are in demand...
I mean, a company that does follow a logical path as far as development...
I mean, a company that does care for the environment and that doesn't only care about the dollar...
I mean, a company that doesn't promise something and then doesn't deliver!
I mean, a company that doesn't remove previous released features behind your back!
I mean, a company that does operate honestly and transparently towards their customers!

I guess what I'm saying, is a company that makes you feel good to be part of...

If another company delivers the same products and makes their customers going through the same crap to get things going, what kind of competition would that be???

And let's be honest, there are alternatives out there... My brother did find one... And now he can do his job without having to argue every month with the company that sold him the drone, to actually get it to work....

DJI has a lot of potential. It is a pity that greed, has made this company take such a horrible path...

Off course, this is all IMO and based on our personal experience with DJI...

2023-12-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 12-13 13:57
Hell no...

I mean, a company that release products that have been tested with features that are in demand...

No ... that might be based on your personal experience.
Despite their minor quirks, DJI owns the drone market because they innovate and create the best drones.
The other companies just copy them.
2023-12-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-13 14:22
No ... that might be based on your personal experience.
Despite their minor quirks, DJI owns the drone market because they innovate and create the best drones.
The other companies just copy them.

I can say the same ...

No... that might be based on your personal experience...

We all have our own personal experience.... we are just going around in a circle now...

Don't force your opinion on others... There is no need for...

Express it and let them decide if to take it on board...
2023-12-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
New Zealand

Burt37 Posted at 12-13 15:05
I can say the same ...

No... that might be based on your personal experience...

I'll ignore your "personal experience" and go by the numbers.
DJI owns the drone market because their products are by far the best.
2023-12-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-13 15:54
You do that...

I'm happy for you...
2023-12-14
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

Labroides Posted at 12-13 15:54

Their products are the best, their politics are pure rubbish. Simply like that
2023-12-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Very true !!
1-4 15:17
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68747 ft
United States

It appears that DJI has not received enough negative feedback to motivate them to change their stance; however, we may have all the necessary components to file a successful class action lawsuit. Perhaps that is the next logical step. Personally, I am unable to use this expensive drone for its intended purpose.

Here's a start on the elements:
We have clear evidence that on May 22, 2022, the DJI developer support page officially declared that they would release an SDK to support the "Mavic 3 series and Mini 3 Pro by the end of August 2022."
We can demonstrate that they deliberately attempted to obscure this commitment by editing the post after the fact, indicating a fraudulent motive. (I have screenshots of the original post and the edited post.
We can prove that the actions taken by DJI had a negative impact on the economic value of the product, due to its reduced level of utility and diminished resale value.
Every owner of a Mavic 3 series aircraft would be eligible to join a class of plaintiffs, which would be large enough to interest a class-action attorney.
The minimum monetary damages for the class members would be at least equal to the purchase price of each Mavic 3 series drone. It is possible that further damages could be claimed, such as loss of income and enjoyment.

Maybe I'll float the idea in a couple of other forums including the Mavic Pilots thread about this same subject.  Comments or opinions?
1-5 19:51
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68747 ft
United States

Phil Light Posted at 1-5 19:51
It appears that DJI has not received enough negative feedback to motivate them to change their stance; however, we may have all the necessary components to file a successful class action lawsuit. Perhaps that is the next logical step. Personally, I am unable to use this expensive drone for its intended purpose.

Here's a start on the elements:

If DJI removes this post, we can reassemble in the Mavic Pilots forum.
1-5 19:53
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Here's a start on the elements:

Interesting but that might only work in the USA, it will surely not work in NZ.
1-5 23:36
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Phil Light Posted at 1-5 19:53
If DJI removes this post, we can reassemble in the Mavic Pilots forum.

Why would DJI remove your post... You are about 12 months behind and I got to ask...

Do you honestly believe they care? Did you honestly believe you can make them care?

You are obviously not very familiar with the Chinese culture...

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that what DJI has done to their customer is dispicable and dishonest, but it doesn't surprise me a single bit... The only way to get DJI to listen is to hurt their wallet with sales not legal action... Legal action does nothing to them... they can drag things for ever if they wish...

1-6 01:06
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Here's a start on the elements:

You are fooling yourself.
DJI might have intended to release an SDK but changed their plans.
And you think you can sue them for that?

Maybe I'll float the idea in a couple of other forums including the Mavic Pilots thread about this same subject.  Comments or opinions?
Unrealistic and a total waste of time and effort .

1-6 01:38
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-6 01:38
You are fooling yourself.
DJI might have intended to release an SDK but changed their plans.

Long time has passed since the last time that I posted a message in this thread, but nowadays in January 2024 and talking from the European Union, having a magnific Air2S in the market yet with its SDK released and with the confirmation that DJI is going to upgrade its firmware to make it compatible with internal remote ID and for that, beeing able to accomplish with the european regulation to get the C1 label... no Mavic 3 needed, the Air2S is the best option for the ones who use our drones for multiple purposes (photo/video/photogrammetry...)
1-16 07:53
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fozando Posted at 1-16 07:53
Long time has passed since the last time that I posted a message in this thread, but nowadays in January 2024 and talking from the European Union, having a magnific Air2S in the market yet with its SDK released and with the confirmation that DJI is going to upgrade its firmware to make it compatible with internal remote ID and for that, beeing able to accomplish with the european regulation to get the C1 label... no Mavic 3 needed, the Air2S is the best option for the ones who use our drones for multiple purposes (photo/video/photogrammetry...)

exactly what dji will tell you, if the m3 doesn't work for you because it has no sdk, buy one of the other models with the sdk.....air2s
that being said, i'm all for getting the sdk for m3.  that's a good thing and only good stuff can come from the release.  
1-29 10:49
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 1-29 10:49
exactly what dji will tell you, if the m3 doesn't work for you because it has no sdk, buy one of the other models with the sdk.....air2s
that being said, i'm all for getting the sdk for m3.  that's a good thing and only good stuff can come from the release.

Yes, agreed, and throwing my post into the ring here... I would like to see the SDK for the M3, my old software is gathering dust, I used DJI and the others depending on my missions when I had the MA2, now I am stuck (albeit still quite happy) with the Fly App.  C'mon DJI, none of use joe consumers are going to by the Enterprise...  just do it.
2-16 12:43
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
United States

Hey DJI!!!

After at least six months that you have passed our requests to your experts teams. Have they reported any new info about how to solve the lies that you told us about that the M3 SDK was going to be released?

Time to answer DJI, time to answer...

Bring this thread again to the top of the forum threads' list.
4-8 21:19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fozando Posted at 4-8 21:19
Hey DJI!!!

After at least six months that you have passed our requests to your experts teams. Have they reported any new info about how to solve the lies that you told us about that the M3 SDK was going to be released?

I think you know what the answer would be, but there's nothing they can say.
We all know that no SDK is coming.
4-8 22:16
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

Labroides Posted at 4-8 22:16
I think you know what the answer would be, but there's nothing they can say.
We all know that no SDK is coming.

Yeah Labroides,

But at least I know that they have read the message. It's enough to show other consumers how DJI its clients with rubbish politcs and lies.
4-9 10:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules