1372 4 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any plan to expand Terra's compatibility with other DJI drones? Before someone comments, I know other drones can be post processed, and it does a great job to field check data with while out in the field because it is by far the fastest program to process with. Final deleverables can be processed with Metashape, PIX4D etc. For mission planning and realtime mapping does DJI plan to expand this to drones other than the P4's? The M3E sure needs some attention in this department and with it being your flagship it deserves a little work on the software side of things.

Hardware the M3E is a solid 9.5/10.
Software the M3E is a 5/10 on a good day.
TerraCameras.JPG
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Thanks for your feedback, we will forward it to the relevant team asap.
If you need any other support, please feel free to let us know.
Thanks again for your support.
2023-3-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-14 05:44
Hi, there.
Thanks for your feedback, we will forward it to the relevant team asap.
If you need any other support, please feel free to let us know.

Could you please explain something to me that has had me puzzled for a while. Terra can do realtime 2D & 3D mapping on a drone that was released almost 5 years ago. There's nothing special about these 20mp photos that it takes to justify this feature being exclusive to the Phantom 4. The M3E also shoots 20mp images from an almost identical sensor. The only thing keeping this feature away from customers is DJI's choice to keep it this way. Since DJI admins only seem to reply in canned, ready made responses, it leaves room for only speculation to answer our questions. So I want to speculate for a second.

Flighthub 2 is a half finished piece of software. To be fair it has great potential, but it's lacking any feature to truly make it useful. When it leaves it's beta stage in June I don't see anybody paying for it if it's in the same form that it is now. Cloud mapping is kinda cool but it requires a very high speed internet connection which doesn't exist in most places that people are mapping. It also proves that Terra could do the same thing if only DJI would enable it. I'll bet my next 3 paychecks that DJI will not give us this ability though. Why..? Because DJI needs all the data M3E pilots can handover to finish developing this FlightHub 2 dumpster fire that nobody asked for. Let me be clear, Terra is great software. So why did DJI ditch something that worked so well to be replaced with a cloud only software that is nowhere near ready for release?

Like I said this is all speculation. If a DJI admin can chime in with an actual explanation that isn't copy/pasted I would greatly appreciate it. Until that happens, my speculation is the only thing that makes sense.  
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-16 11:10
Could you please explain something to me that has had me puzzled for a while. Terra can do realtime 2D & 3D mapping on a drone that was released almost 5 years ago. There's nothing special about these 20mp photos that it takes to justify this feature being exclusive to the Phantom 4. The M3E also shoots 20mp images from an almost identical sensor. The only thing keeping this feature away from customers is DJI's choice to keep it this way. Since DJI admins only seem to reply in canned, ready made responses, it leaves room for only speculation to answer our questions. So I want to speculate for a second.

Flighthub 2 is a half finished piece of software. To be fair it has great potential, but it's lacking any feature to truly make it useful. When it leaves it's beta stage in June I don't see anybody paying for it if it's in the same form that it is now. Cloud mapping is kinda cool but it requires a very high speed internet connection which doesn't exist in most places that people are mapping. It also proves that Terra could do the same thing if only DJI would enable it. I'll bet my next 3 paychecks that DJI will not give us this ability though. Why..? Because DJI needs all the data M3E pilots can handover to finish developing this FlightHub 2 dumpster fire that nobody asked for. Let me be clear, Terra is great software. So why did DJI ditch something that worked so well to be replaced with a cloud only software that is nowhere near ready for release?
Hi, there. Thank you for your reply here.
We have confirmed your problem with our engineer. And hope the below information helps with your problem:
Based on the consideration of the actual operation, carrying a laptop and connecting the remote control for Terra real-time reconstruction is not very convenient; Besides, considering the Synergy of the missions, it will be faster to use the DJI FlightHub 2 cloud mapping. Therefore, the real-time reconstruction is transferred to the cloud, and the user can carry the remote control and the aircraft only to carry out real-time reconstruction and share the results of the mapping with more members.
2023-4-16
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've looked at terra, but can't justify the expense when it doesn't appear to be actively developed, has no roadmap, and supported aircraft are so outdated. Please give this some love, DJI.
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules