Repair question for a drone malfunction
528 5 2023-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MihaiB
lvl.1
Romania

Hi everyone,

I am a relatively new DJI customer, I have my DJI Mini 3 Pro for exactly 1 month and 2 days and I was very satisfied with the experience until today.
I will explain what hapend and then I will ask my question related to repair of the drone.
So I was flying my Drone in a straight line at an altitude of 92 meters when all of the sudden the drone started violently turn left and also started losing hight. When it reached 80 meters(in like a second after the left turn started) I received a warning that the motor cannot turn but it was still very high to hit anything. It continued loosing altitude ultil it hit a tree probably some dirt and it ended in a valley where it was completely covered by water.

Given that the drone was basicaly submerged in water, is there any chance that DJI might replace it? If not, what could be the price to expect repairs for something like this?

Also, do I need to send back the RC controller? I plan on buying a new drone in case this one does not arrive in time as I have a very important trip that I've been planing and realy want a drone to film and not miss anything there.

2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, Mihaib. We're sorry to hear about the mishap that happened. We encourage you to send the unit back for repair. Please rest assured that as long as the unit is within the service guarantee period, we can forward an investigation, and data analysis can be applied to determine its cause.  We'll send you an offer depending on the results. You may visit this link: https://dji.com/support helpful in contact our Product Support team for further assistance on the request.

Furthermore, the remote controller, a damaged battery such as swollen, or a leakage, and other accessories aren't necessary to be included in your package when sending the product. Should you need to contact us for any reason, kindly know that we are always here to help. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2023-3-12
Use props
MihaiB
lvl.1
Romania

Thank you for the response.
It is a relief that I do not have to send the RC for the reason stated in the first post.

Just another question, I have opened a repair ticket and there is an address were I need to ship the drone. Do I just ship it? I've read that normaly I receive an email with an UPS label where I have to send it.
2023-3-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MihaiB Posted at 3-12 15:00
Thank you for the response.
It is a relief that I do not have to send the RC for the reason stated in the first post.

We do appreciate your response. Please check for the UPS shipping label thru email aside from the instruction. You may print the shipping label after receiving it and go to the nearest drop-off center as our courier UPS will ship the product back to our facility. I hope this answers your query. Thank you for your support.
2023-3-12
Use props
MihaiB
lvl.1
Romania

Thank you very much for the quick replies and useful information. I managed to send it to the DJI repair facility. It's on route now.
Can't wait to get a response back, I really hope that they can figure it out as I am out of answers. I am very curious what could have happened as I am  out of ideas. It's nerve wrecking not knowing.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MihaiB Posted at 3-14 01:37
Thank you very much for the quick replies and useful information. I managed to send it to the DJI repair facility. It's on route now.
Can't wait to get a response back, I really hope that they can figure it out as I am out of answers. I am very curious what could have happened as I am  out of ideas. It's nerve wrecking not knowing.

Thanks for the update. Please rest assured that you will receive an email update if there is any progress on your case. You can also check the case status through this link. https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en
2023-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules