2863 11 2023-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stwil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305883 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently bought an Action 2 as an 'open box' online, and am  trying to get it onto the latest firmware version 1.04.05.10 with  gyroflow support. It is currently on 1.03.30.20  and is not offering the update. I've tried with the Mimo app on an  Android and iPhone and it connects fine to the camera but never offers the  update. I've tried a factory reset as well. The camera is successfully  activated and shows as valid, but was done so under a different DJI  account than my own.

Are there certain trigger conditions for the Mimo app to be able to  offer the firmware update which are not being met? I was wondering if  the fact that it was previously activated under a different DJI account  would have any impact on the firmware update process? I wouldn't think so but wanted to check just in case. Thanks for any  ideas.

2023-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you gone to HOME/PROFILE/SETTINGS in Mimo and ENABLED Auto Firmware Dowloaded via Wifi?
2023-3-13
Use props
stwil
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! Yes I tried toggling that On, as well as the mobile network setting. I have mobile data on the Android phone and also confirmed I had Internet connectivity while connected to the camera via Wifi. Unfortunately that had no effect.
2023-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The v01.04.05.10 firmware has been removed urgently due to the abnormal stabilization function under some modes. We do not recommend updating the firmware at the moment. We will keep you posted once we receive an update regarding this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_IbbkL99WGF9Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121542 ft
Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 20:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The v01.04.05.10 firmware has been removed urgently due to the abnormal stabilization function under some modes. We do not recommend updating the firmware at the moment. We will keep you posted once we receive an update regarding this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi , its possible to download FW v01.04.05.10 somehow? I really need it, thanks.
2023-3-14
Use props
stwil
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 20:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The v01.04.05.10 firmware has been removed urgently due to the abnormal stabilization function under some modes. We do not recommend updating the firmware at the moment. We will keep you posted once we receive an update regarding this issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the update @DJIPaladin. That is very helpful to learn that the firmware was pulled, so it's not an issue on my side. It might be nice to add this info to the official update thread in this channel as well so others can find it.

Hopefully these issues can be sorted out quickly and a new version released which supports the gyroflow metadata, since that is the main reason I purchased the camera. I would also be interested to learn about any additional testing invitations to new beta firmware if made available. Thanks!
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_IbbkL99WGF9Z Posted at 3-14 05:42
Hi , its possible to download FW v01.04.05.10 somehow? I really need it, thanks.

We do not recommend updating the firmware at the moment since the said firmware has some issues. We will surely let you know once the firmware is now available to download. Thank you for your understanding and suppoort.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

stwil Posted at 3-14 08:29
Thanks for the update @DJIPaladin. That is very helpful to learn that the firmware was pulled, so it's not an issue on my side. It might be nice to add this info to the official update thread in this channel as well so others can find it.

Hopefully these issues can be sorted out quickly and a new version released which supports the gyroflow metadata, since that is the main reason I purchased the camera. I would also be interested to learn about any additional testing invitations to new beta firmware if made available. Thanks!

You are very much welcome and we appreciate your understanding on this matter. Our team is thoroughly working to fix the issue. Rest assured that this will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-15
Use props
hvanoorschot76
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 03:44
You are very much welcome and we appreciate your understanding on this matter. Our team is thoroughly working to fix the issue. Rest assured that this will be sorted out soon. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I got the action 2 out of the box with firmware 1.00.00.00 (more or less) but have the same issue: Mimo app doesn't give me the option to install a newer firmware. Therefore certain options are not working on my Action 2. I find this quite disappointing. Also I cannot transfer files from internal memory to SD card. Maybe also has to do with the firmware being the oldest version...
It would be nice if you could just give an option in the app to update firmware manually!
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hvanoorschot76 Posted at 7-17 22:49
I got the action 2 out of the box with firmware 1.00.00.00 (more or less) but have the same issue: Mimo app doesn't give me the option to install a newer firmware. Therefore certain options are not working on my Action 2. I find this quite disappointing. Also I cannot transfer files from internal memory to SD card. Maybe also has to do with the firmware being the oldest version...
It would be nice if you could just give an option in the app to update firmware manually!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry foer the trouble. Can you please try to restart the DJI Mimo app or reinstall it then connect again to see if the issue persists? Please make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection to download the updates. Lastly, can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-19
Use props
hvanoorschot76
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-19 22:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry foer the trouble. Can you please try to restart the DJI Mimo app or reinstall it then connect again to see if the issue persists? Please make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection to download the updates. Lastly, can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Re-installing the app didn't do anything, but I do notice the app not functioning perfect on my older Huawei P30 Lite phone. All the videos shown in the app remain black and don't load after clicking. The camera however is functioning with the app, just not giving me the firmware update option. Internet connection is perfect all the time.
When I get a new phone I will see if installing the app on there helps anything.
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hvanoorschot76 Posted at 7-24 06:02
Re-installing the app didn't do anything, but I do notice the app not functioning perfect on my older Huawei P30 Lite phone. All the videos shown in the app remain black and don't load after clicking. The camera however is functioning with the app, just not giving me the firmware update option. Internet connection is perfect all the time.
When I get a new phone I will see if installing the app on there helps anything.

Thank you for keeping us posted, hvanoorschot76. Please keep us posted after you test the app on the other mobile device. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules