1629 2 2023-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mads Tech
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi everyone, today I have published a video highlighting what I believe is a potentially serious bug with the DJI O3 system.  

In my testing I have come across a scenario where the O3 Airunits on boot moves it’s video carrier to 5.190ghz rather than the usual band of 5.7-5.9ghz.  In this scenario the Goggles and Airunit telemetry carriers remain where expected however the OFDM video carrier moves to a much lower frequency of 5.195ghz and stays there regardless of the low power mode or if the Airunit is armed.

I have also observed this behaviour in both FCC and what I believe is CE mode at lower power levels and armed,  even observed it with the ham file added.  

Since recording I have done more testing and this issue appears to be only on the current release firmware V01.02.0000 and not the original release firmware as that works as normal. Further more it only affects the O3 Airunit with Goggles 2 and the Vista/AU on the DIY mode on the Goggles 2 also works normal.  

While initially as said in the video to trigger this  this I simply had to apply the ham file mod and then reset the system to defaults and it started to happen after more testing it actually happens all the time on new firmware regardless of Ham file mod or not. It was just the case I was messing with that at the time of seeing it.

This issue only appears to happen with the DJI Goggles 2 and the O3 Airunit when set to auto mode when using the current public latest firmware.  I also have tested this on multiple O3 Airunit and it’s the same however I can confirm It does not happen with the V2 goggles in O3 mode, it only appears to be G2 and O3.

I have no reason to suspect this is a specific issue with my hardware however as I have refreshed all firmware, upgraded ans downgraded and tried multiple O3 units and it’s happing on all of them.

At this moment in time it’s my opinion this is a serious enough issue to publish this warning now as this could lead to potential issues for users as a result of being well out side of the antennas usual operating frequency band as well as the certified band the system is expected to operate in.  

This has only been observed on the bench and some walk testing where its clear its a very real issue but it’s full behaviour is not fully understood as of now. However what is clear is this is not what we would expect to be happening.  

User mitigation.  

This issue only appears to affect G2 and O3 users in Auto Mode, setting your O3 to Manual channel settings should prevent this happening.  

I am happy to provide DJI with logs to try and help diagnose this issue should it be required.  

I am continuing to do further testing and I will share more after that completes.  

Thanks

Mad.

2023-3-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Wouldn't it just be the Google2 wifi?
2023-3-13
Use props
Mads Tech