123Next >
16454 98 2023-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WazaBe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

It's really funny that a company advise to use a compatible Android version instead of making their application compatible
2023-7-12
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8593 ft
United States

If the cause of the issue is known then a update should be released as soon as possible. API's aren't going to change so the current beta will pretty much be the same as the final release. No reason we need to wait a month or 2 for the app update.
2023-7-12
Use props
zabidok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5801729 ft
Bulgaria

wtf? on https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly where is no info that android 14 not supported! I cannot fly, pixel 6, android 14.3, dji fly 1.10.6. Fix this please urgent!
2023-7-13
Use props
djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-12 01:44
Hi, guys. We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI FLY APP will be compatible with the official version as soon as possible, please rest assured. We recommend to use an existing compatible Android system version in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding and support.

No I don't understand this.
You want us to wait another 2-3 months!
This is not acceptable.
2023-7-13
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

France

djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP Posted at 7-13 11:15
This is not acceptable.

The software experience is ruining a great product
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP Posted at 7-13 11:15
This is not acceptable.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, if you have an important flight mission, please use an existing compatible Android system version in the meantime. Thank you.
2023-7-14
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-14 20:47
We're sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, if you have an important flight mission, please use an existing compatible Android system version in the meantime. Thank you.

On the download leave, they say Android 7.0 and above.
No indication that this company doesn't want to support latest version
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

WazaBe Posted at 7-20 08:00
On the download leave, they say Android 7.0 and above.
No indication that this company doesn't want to support latest version

Hi, WazaBe. The current Android 14 is just a Beta version. Please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI FLY APP will be compatible with the official version as soon as possible, please rest assured.
2023-7-24
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-24 05:41
Hi, WazaBe. The current Android 14 is just a Beta version. Please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI FLY APP will be compatible with the official version as soon as possible, please rest assured

Or never buy DJI drone again and switch to competition, their app is long time ready for 14
2023-7-24
Use props
djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP
lvl.2

Germany

Almost needless to say : the new version 1.11.0 still does not work with android 14.
2023-7-25
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

djiuser_YnSqwIMhy4aP Posted at 7-25 13:00
Almost needless to say : the new version 1.11.0 still does not work with android 14.

Needles to say, I regret buying a DJI product, AUTEL and FIMI's apps don't crash on Android 14
2023-7-25
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-12 01:44
Hi, guys. We apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI FLY APP will be compatible with the official version as soon as possible, please rest assured. We recommend to use an existing compatible Android system version in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding and support.

"DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version"
=> Why do you want your customer to wait with crashing application while APIs are finalised and Android 14 won't be any different?

"We recommand to use an existing compatible Android system version" => Your app should be compatible with Android version, not the opposite.  Sincerly, an Android developer
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

WazaBe Posted at 7-27 05:08
"DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version"
=> Why do you want your customer to wait with crashing application while APIs are finalised and Android 14 won't be any different?

Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response and for the trouble this has caused. Please know that this concern has already been recorded, and we are also looking forward to the update. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
2023-7-27
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 7-27 08:51
Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response and for the trouble this has caused. Please know that this concern has already been recorded, and we are also looking forward to the update. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Understanding and patience till a sell out my DJI drone and never buy  DJI product again
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

travelmate Posted at 7-28 00:52
Understanding and patience till a sell out my DJI drone and never buy  DJI product again

Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response and for any trouble this may have caused. We respect where you stand, and please know that we also look forward to the progress. Have a great day!
2023-7-28
Use props
Sarbland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1001827 ft
Pakistan

I was anxiously waiting for the updated version with hopes that DJI will consider to provide support to Android 14 beta. Unfortunately, DJI keeping to bad track of not fixing support to Android beta as always knowing that their product users are mostly tech savvy and must update to beta version as soon as it's available.

This is the reason they aren't in Playstore. And the only app crashing amongst dozens of apps on my phone.

Shame
Screenshot_20230729-171708.png
2023-7-29
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 7-28 10:29
Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response and for any trouble this may have caused. We respect where you stand, and please know that we also look forward to the progress. Have a great day!

Apologies are not helping, since April, now August drone is useless probably till October
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

travelmate Posted at 8-1 00:35
Apologies are not helping, since April, now August drone is useless probably till October

Hello! Please be advised that we are eagerly anticipating Google's update for the official Android 14 version. We appreciate your patience and consideration.
2023-8-1
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

DJI Diana Posted at 8-1 12:39
Hello! Please be advised that we are eagerly anticipating Google's update for the official Android 14 version. We appreciate your patience and consideration.

You are doing nothing, I'm happy there are other drone manifacturers for my next upgrade
2023-8-1
Use props
Tutenkamun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

To all those experiencing this yearly drama, I suggest using an alternative app like Litchi. They are on top of Android 14.
Strangely they use the DJI SDK but can still get it to work, whereas DJI cannot. I'll be using Litchi this year as I did last year until DJI get their software sorted.
2023-8-3
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8130 ft

Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 3-14 00:17
It does seem like a recurring theme, doesn't it.  The cycle of life

It does. It is SUPER ANNOYING
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

Ikfoto Posted at 4-13 06:17
It's a recurrent topic. Every android update, DJI Fly is unusable for all while. I have 129 apps installed and ONLY this crashes...

Right. No one single app other than this one. Every year
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_6B92zyAxNaeB Posted at 4-13 13:43
Agreed, this is a PITA. Surely 2 Developer versions of 14 is enough time to test the Fly app and have it ready for us beta bunnies.

Agreed! This is ridiculous. And VERY frustrating.
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_6B92zyAxNaeB Posted at 4-25 11:42
Unfortunately the new v1.10.0 version still doesn't work on Android 14 beta. App still crashes at launch.

Version 11 doesn't either! What a joke!
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

travelmate Posted at 7-25 21:58
Needles to say, I regret buying a DJI product, AUTEL and FIMI's apps don't crash on Android 14

Im starting to feel this way too... Very unprofessional.
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

travelmate Posted at 8-1 00:35

October?!? Cmon! All summer!!! DJI FIX THIS! All this cutting edge tech and you cant keep up with Beta apps like LITERALLY EVERY APP DEVELOPER?!
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

Tutenkamun Posted at 8-3 08:57
To all those experiencing this yearly drama, I suggest using an alternative app like Litchi. They are on top of Android 14.
Strangely they use the DJI SDK but can still get it to work, whereas DJI cannot. I'll be using Litchi this year as I did last year until DJI get their software sorted.

Hold up there is another software that can control the DJI drone?? Why do we even use their garbage at all then??
2023-8-6
Use props
SharinganUser
lvl.1

Canada

Tutenkamun Posted at 8-3 08:57

This app is INCREDIBLE. It actually works and is updated on time like it should be! Bud you are a lifesaver. THANK YOU!
2023-8-6
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

SharinganUser Posted at 8-6 06:50
This app is INCREDIBLE. It actually works and is updated on time like it should be! Bud you are a lifesaver. THANK YOU!

But DJI does not accept "care refresh" claims, when Litchi used
2023-8-14
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808960 ft
United States

AIR 2 S ANDROID 14 S 23 ULTRA  

FLYAPP NO GO.

What app will work? anyone? also Will DJI allow us to fix the app ourselves and cut out the bloatware, Ive decompiled the app already and I see 2 issues.
2023-8-17
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

France

Robby Balboa Posted at 8-17 12:01
AIR 2 S ANDROID 14 S 23 ULTRA  

FLYAPP NO GO.

Interesting, can you please share, out of curiosity?
2023-8-18
Use props
fans239c8011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54813 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just upgraded to android 14. Was gonna do a professional videoshoot today...... Guess what. The app didnt work. I had to pay money for another app compatible with the mini 3 pro to even fly today. Fix this asap please DJI
2023-8-18
Use props
fans239c8011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54813 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just upgraded to android 14. Was gonna do a professional videoshoot today...... Guess what. The app didnt work. I had to pay money for another app compatible with the mini 3 pro to even fly today. Fix this asap please DJI.
2023-8-18
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

France

Beta 5.1 released today.
Come on...
2023-8-19
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

WazaBe Posted at 8-19 08:09
Beta 5.1 released today.
Come on...

Who cares??? DJI definitly not
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_J4u699r262xB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189239 ft

Australia

I tried to use Litchi today with Android 14 and my Mavic 3 Pro. But Litchi doesn't work either because DJI Refuses to release the SDK!!
DJI policy from now on is to only release SDKs for "Enterprise Drone Products"
So if you own any Mavic 3 product, you're out of luck. Definitely my last DJI product!
2023-8-28
Use props
tobi.bezzel
New

Germany

Dear DJI-Team,

I got the Same Problem with the Android 14 Beta. The App crashes every single time. Do you know how To fix it?
2023-8-31
Use props
misterx2x
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Why a hi-tech company can not make an app that works on every phone and Android version? Why did Your app need to be downloaded from the DJI website and not directly from the Play Store?
On my Pixel 6 Pro Android 14 beta I have so many apps and only DJI mimo crashing every time.   

Maybe You should ask someone for help if your IT department can't solve the issue.
Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated.

2023-9-1
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2

France

misterx2x Posted at 9-1 03:47
Why a hi-tech company can not make an app that works on every phone and Android version? Why did Your app need to be downloaded from the DJI website and not directly from the Play Store?
On my Pixel 6 Pro Android 14 beta I have so many apps and only DJI mimo crashing every time.   

You are totally right, I feel the same like you.
When I bought DJI products I couldn't imagine the software experience would be so bad. It's the last I buy their products.

Another use was able to decompile the apk and make it work by removing the Huawei trackers included... But the posts seen to be removed
2023-9-3
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Bulgaria

Finally DJI did, what they should have done 4 month ago, they flipped the switch, the new 1.11.4 is working with 14 beta 5.2.... AT LAST
2023-9-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules