Warranty replaced SC dropping connection with M2P
868 19 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1846860 ft
United Kingdom

DJI replaced my smart controller under warranty because the plastic body had cracked in two places at the corners of the screen.

However, now it won't link correctly with my mavic 2 pro. It links fine, then cuts out, I was doing a test flight and it brought up a message saying weak transmission signal, then cut out totally causing a RTH, the m2p was only about 100m away at that point with antennas orientated correctly, there was almost no interferance from external signals.

I've tried a factory reset.
I've tried refreshing the firmware (which is the latest version), both over wifi and using assistant 2, but that cancels part way through install.
I've tried formatting the SD card, and using none.
I've tried with the wifi on and off.
It does it in Go4 and when just powered on in the first menu (yellow lights start flashing).

Nothing seems to help.This is costing me work!
Any ideas?

2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I double confirm if you've successfully refreshed the firmware of the drone and Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2? Besides, did you try to test it in a different place to see if the issue still exists?
2023-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curious how old your smart controller was,  mines cracked in the same place.  
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-15 01:40
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I double confirm if you've successfully refreshed the firmware of the drone and Smart Controller via DJI Assistant 2? Besides, did you try to test it in a different place to see if the issue still exists?

The mavic 2 pro worked absolutely fine on my original smart controller, and is the most up to date firmware. Factory reset on the SC appeared to work fine. However it failed on install using assistant 2 when I tried to "refresh" the install as it is the most up to date firmware. I have had the disconnect happen outside on a survey site while testing, and at home. I have surveyed the same site previously with no problems, and have flown my mini 3 pro there and at home with no issues.
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 02:52
Curious how old your smart controller was,  mines cracked in the same place.

The cracks started appearing after about a year I think, but I only got it replaced just before the 2 yr warranty ran out. DJI tried to accuse me of mishandling it and causing the damage, which is absolutely not correct! It's happened to a few SC's I know of, and is stress in the plastic casing around the screen. Be aware, the service centre is in the Netherlands, so you get stung with VAT on re-importing even though according to .gov it should be exempt due to no improvements in function over the original item (DJI refunded me the VAT which was good of them).
2023-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-15 03:06
The cracks started appearing after about a year I think, but I only got it replaced just before the 2 yr warranty ran out. DJI tried to accuse me of mishandling it and causing the damage, which is absolutely not correct! It's happened to a few SC's I know of, and is stress in the plastic casing around the screen. Be aware, the service centre is in the Netherlands, so you get stung with VAT on re-importing even though according to .gov it should be exempt due to no improvements in function over the original item (DJI refunded me the VAT which was good of them).

Ive sent a number of items to the Nuth service centre for repair and they never charge VAT on import,  they should have put a commercial invoice on for no value.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-15 03:03
The mavic 2 pro worked absolutely fine on my original smart controller, and is the most up to date firmware. Factory reset on the SC appeared to work fine. However it failed on install using assistant 2 when I tried to "refresh" the install as it is the most up to date firmware. I have had the disconnect happen outside on a survey site while testing, and at home. I have surveyed the same site previously with no problems, and have flown my mini 3 pro there and at home with no issues.

What is the maximum image transmission distance after several tests flying your aircraft? If the distance still cannot exceed 100m, please provide us with the recorded video of the image transmission in the app during flight (the video should reflect the flight environment and the image transmission channel page that shows the interference).
Please also place the remote controller antenna in the optimal position.
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-15 03:44
What is the maximum image transmission distance after several tests flying your aircraft? If the distance still cannot exceed 100m, please provide us with the recorded video of the image transmission in the app during flight (the video should reflect the flight environment and the image transmission channel page that shows the interference).
Please also place the remote controller antenna in the optimal position.
[view_image]

It would be irresponsible and unsafe for me to fly the aircraft knowing that the connection is unreliable and faulty! The antenna were positioned optimally during my failed flights. If you want to know the flight environment this is the location I was flying: Flight survey location 52.7924022,-3.094921

edit: I just tried to even get the M2P to connect to the SC in my kitchen, and it will not remain connected in a stable manner, I have a video of it too. It doesn't connect for long enough to get into the image transmission chart that appears (which I always check in pre flight checks and was fine).
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-15 03:55
It would be irresponsible and unsafe for me to fly the aircraft knowing that the connection is unreliable and faulty! The antenna were positioned optimally during my failed flights. If you want to know the flight environment this is the location I was flying: Flight survey location 52.7924022,-3.094921

edit: I just tried to even get the M2P to connect to the SC in my kitchen, and it will not remain connected in a stable manner, I have a video of it too. It doesn't connect for long enough to get into the image transmission chart that appears (which I always check in pre flight checks and was fine).

Please note that we recommend you test it in outside an open place with less wireless interference. Hope you understand that without the video or logs, we are unable to do further analysis and provide further suggestions. If the drone frequently disconnects from the remote controller, you can test it outside and record a video and export the log for our further confirmation.
2023-3-16
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 00:01
Please note that we recommend you test it in outside an open place with less wireless interference. Hope you understand that without the video or logs, we are unable to do further analysis and provide further suggestions. If the drone frequently disconnects from the remote controller, you can test it outside and record a video and export the log for our further confirmation.

I hope you appreciate that you've sent me a replacement that isn't working, and I shouldn't have to jump through endless hoops to diagnose your faulty product. I have described exactly what happened, so a video will give you no additional information. Could you direct me to exactly which log you want me to download so that I can send it through please.
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-16 01:48
I hope you appreciate that you've sent me a replacement that isn't working, and I shouldn't have to jump through endless hoops to diagnose your faulty product. I have described exactly what happened, so a video will give you no additional information. Could you direct me to exactly which log you want me to download so that I can send it through please.

You can export the corresponding log of the disconnection issue. If it's inconvenient to provide us with video and log, you can also submit a case through the link below and send back the drone and controller for further testing. http://www.dji.com/support Please also provide us with the case number and we will help follow up.
2023-3-16
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-16 05:05
You can export the corresponding log of the disconnection issue. If it's inconvenient to provide us with video and log, you can also submit a case through the link below and send back the drone and controller for further testing. http://www.dji.com/support Please also provide us with the case number and we will help follow up.

I've managed to download some logs, make a video, and get a photo of the signal showing no interference. The M2P was absolutely fine on my original smart controller, and I'm trying to borrow a colleagues controller, so I shall see about returning that too, unless you want to send me a replacement so I an carry on with my work while you try to fix the issue? Why should I loose out because of a faulty controller?
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-16 05:51
I've managed to download some logs, make a video, and get a photo of the signal showing no interference. The M2P was absolutely fine on my original smart controller, and I'm trying to borrow a colleagues controller, so I shall see about returning that too, unless you want to send me a replacement so I an carry on with my work while you try to fix the issue? Why should I loose out because of a faulty controller?

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. After you test with another remote, please tell us the result. We will do our best to help.
2023-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did they give you a quote to repair it,  I'm just curious how much worse case it would cost me.
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 04:32
Did they give you a quote to repair it,  I'm just curious how much worse case it would cost me.

Best part of 80 euro, plus you'll be hit with £40 vat extra on import. I complained that others had the same issue and it was obviously faulty plastic shrinkage which they accepted.

Well see how they sort out the faulty replacement, I wish I'd kept the cracked one and just used some epoxy to seal the cracks!
2023-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-20 12:17
Best part of 80 euro, plus you'll be hit with £40 vat extra on import. I complained that others had the same issue and it was obviously faulty plastic shrinkage which they accepted.

Well see how they sort out the faulty replacement, I wish I'd kept the cracked one and just used some epoxy to seal the cracks!

Thx.   BTW.  Use the reply button to reply to a post otherwise there’s no notification as you’re replying to yourself.
2023-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-20 12:17
Best part of 80 euro, plus you'll be hit with £40 vat extra on import. I complained that others had the same issue and it was obviously faulty plastic shrinkage which they accepted.

Well see how they sort out the faulty replacement, I wish I'd kept the cracked one and just used some epoxy to seal the cracks!

Sorry. How did you complain. Through live chat maybe?
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 12:39
Sorry. How did you complain. Through live chat maybe?
I pressed the button to respond in the notification email, guess that just responds inline not as a reply!

I just sent it off after submitting a repair request, then had a debate with them when they told me what they thought the cause of the cracks was. All happened via emails.
2023-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-21 00:44
I pressed the button to respond in the notification email, guess that just responds inline not as a reply!

I just sent it off after submitting a repair request, then had a debate with them when they told me what they thought the cause of the cracks was. All happened via emails.

OK thanks,   I just raised a case for mine.  
2023-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 3-21 00:44

I sent mine in on Tuesday and they just emailed to say they will be repairing it for free.  Fingers crossed the unit I get back will be a good one.
2023-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules