DJI: What data do you collect and store on O3 or Avata?
1507 13 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI is storing data on the O3 system, the goggles and hte Avata (and on other drones).
See this video for more information:

Even if I believe this data is not shared (and normally it can't be shared as the device doesn't have an internet connection) I want to be able to

a) know what is collected and view it myself
b) delete it.

As DJI is under investigation/suspicion of transfering data to China why not show what info is stored and have the user decide if they want to erase it?

If you've got nothing to hide, then show it!
2023-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive always wondered what was in those logs as they can be huge.  
2023-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting video you've found Depp.  I'm wondering why DJI found it necessary to make a change to now have the files encrypted when they previously weren't.

Good luck getting a truthful and detailed response to your questions.  
2023-3-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 3-16 00:16

We wait and we wonder...
2023-3-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-16 02:38
Interesting video you've found Depp.  I'm wondering why DJI found it necessary to make a change to now have the files encrypted when they previously weren't.

Good luck getting a truthful and detailed response to your questions.

Yeah, good luck. Thanks.
2023-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 3-16 04:10
Yeah, good luck. Thanks.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and see if you get DJI to answer.  
2023-3-16
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Security vulnerabilities detected in drones by researchers from Germany University, seems like the location data is transmitted encripted

https://news.rub.de/english/pres ... s&utm_campaign=news
2023-3-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

HDPS Posted at 3-16 20:05
Security vulnerabilities detected in drones by researchers from Germany University, seems like the location data is transmitted encripted

https://news.rub.de/english/pres ... s&utm_campaign=news

“We showed that the transmitted data is not encrypted, and that practically anyone can read the location of the pilot and the drone with relatively simple methods,” concludes Nico Schiller.

Anyway, you're talking about another aspect - transmitting the data. That's another big thing but I don't think the O3/Avata are transmitting to third parties.
2023-3-16
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 3-16 23:08
“We showed that the transmitted data is not encrypted, and that practically anyone can read the location of the pilot and the drone with relatively simple methods,” concludes Nico Schiller.

Anyway, you're talking about another aspect - transmitting the data. That's another big thing but I don't think the O3/Avata are transmitting to third parties.

I beg to differ. There are reliable apps out there that will display other drones around you, or anywhere.
2023-3-17
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 3-17 03:44
I beg to differ. There are reliable apps out there that will display other drones around you, or anywhere.

Are you talking about remote ID or just plain drone video feed/control link/telemetry?
2023-3-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 3-17 07:11
Are you talking about remote ID or just plain drone video feed/control link/telemetry?

Pretty much everything BUT video feel and control link.
2023-3-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-16 00:16

Have a look at the DAT and txt logs from a mavic mini or the drone DAT from a Phantom 3, I can probably post the column titles for those if you want.
2023-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-19 11:12
Have a look at the DAT and txt logs from a mavic mini or thedrone DAT from a Phantom 3, I can probably post the column titles for those if you want.

The problem is thought they are all encrypted and I dont know any way to decrypt it.   
2023-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DAT's from the P3Adv/Pro DRONE and the DAT's from the PHONE for the Mavic Mini & FPV are not encrypted. CsvView reads them.
The Mini 3 Pro's might not be, I think JJB or slup (mavicpilots) mentioned that the Mini 3 Pro's are not.

I do not think I even looked at the DAT's on the FPV drone itself as I expect them to be encrypted, as are, from memory, the DATs on the Mavic Mini, Mini 2, m2p/Z drones.

2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules