No Offline Maps
2457 11 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StarK93
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Support,
I've seen a previous thread that talked about your need to change map providers and due to their copyright clause, we have no ability to cache offline maps with Amap.

As one of your Enterprise drones, this lack of feature is unnacceptable.
How can you offer a purpose built drone for commercial applications and release firmware updates that inhibit the ability to use offline maps.
A large portion of your customer base would be doing remote work as part of their operation, which sees them out of cell coverage. The need for offline map access is paramount.

Has this issue affected your other enterprise drones?

What solution is DJI coming up with in relation to this problem as that is quite a basic function that needs to be restored asap!

2023-3-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

*crickets*
2023-3-16
Use props
StarK93
lvl.1

Australia

Sad isn't it
2023-3-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes, but not surprising.
2023-3-18
Use props
Alberta Canada
New

Canada

Please address this.  This is now very poor functionality since this latest firmware update.  I agree, unacceptable that maps cannot be cached offline any longer!  Running firmware V02.02.612 on remote controller.
2023-3-22
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

No news?
This is a very big problem and I think it's easy to solve for DJI.
Online maps loading is also broken.
2023-3-23
Use props
Apolo Tec Aerea
lvl.1

Brazil

You are 100% correct! This is unacceptable. The equipment was merchandised and sold within those basic features, as a large company as DJI doesn't have a backup plan is absurd!   

As a juridical person, I already have my liabilities, and now I have a new one just for the online map. This equipment was too expensive for a such excuse! Here in Brazil is already difficult with the lack of infrastructure, and now I need to deal with the high cost of mobile data.

If DJI isn't going to solve this any time soon, here 3 PARTIAL solutions:

1. Refund for the equipment
2. Refund for the cost of mobile internet
3. Find an agreement with the most prominent enterprises of mobile internet for unlimited use of the map.
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all:
Sorry for the belated reply.
We have confirmed with our engineers, and they have determined the cause of this issue.
Due to copyright restrictions, the remote sensing map cannot be cached to local storage. We recommend that you connect the remote controller to the network to load the remote sensing base map during the flight route planning or flight. Also, you can choose an electronic map as the base map for flight route planning and flight operation.

You can also send me a PM, then I will send you the related beta version to help you solve this problem asap.
And rest assured that our engineers will optimize the problem later.

Hope this helps and if you have any more problems, please feel free to contact me here anytime.

2023-4-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-6 23:57
Dear all:
Sorry for the belated reply.
We have confirmed with our engineers, and they have determined the cause of this issue.

I translate this as:

"Because DJI did not pay the licensing fee for the only remote sensing map content we built into GS RTK, you can not cache it locally and can only display that content while connected to the internet."

This is unacceptable. I haven't seen a single other "professional" (or even consumer) grade UAS product of value that doesn't allow one to display locally cached base map content in the event of no internet connectivity.

The part about "choose an electronic map as the base map" is less clear; I think maybe "electronic map" means content in geotiff format that we create or find somewhere? Please clarify.

Given how documentation and support has been for this platform since day 1, I don't think anyone is holding their breath for the "optimization" that will be provided "later". It would be wonderful to be pleasantly surprised, though.

Thanks!
2023-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patiam Posted at 4-8 08:41
I translate this as:

"Because DJI did not pay the licensing fee for the only remote sensing map content we built into GS RTK, you can not cache it locally and can only display that content while connected to the internet."

Hi patiam. We noticed that you asked us in another thread at the same time, we will update you in a (that) post to better address this problem.
Thanks for your understanding and please wait for our update.
2023-4-9
Use props
Sheps313
New

Australia

This has almost completely ruined the ability to plan on the controller. Even if i have an internet connection in the field, it isn't fast enough to load the maps. If i do manage to get them loaded, pan the screen or zoom and map is gone. This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP.
Where is the post mentioned above?
2023-5-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sheps313 Posted at 5-11 16:20
This has almost completely ruined the ability to plan on the controller. Even if i have an internet connection in the field, it isn't fast enough to load the maps. If i do manage to get them loaded, pan the screen or zoom and map is gone. This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP.
Where is the post mentioned above?

If you're asking about the thread DJI Natalia mentioned, it is the "Which Firmware?" one.
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules