Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo/Vertical-Settings
4196 5 2023-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fredyt123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1780436 ft
United States

Hello,

I've got a job tomorrow which requires some of the shots are vertical/portrait.  I must complete the shots from the drone and NOT in post-production.  From what I've been able to gather this is accomplished by changing to seetings to Panorama/Vertical????  I just did some test shots but want to be sure my settings are solid.  Also, is the ratio 4:3??  Any legtimate help you HAVE USED (not speculation) would be greatly appreciated.  My drone is a DJI Mavic Air2S

Thanks.
2023-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. Due to the gimbal structure and design, among the DJI aerial photography drones, only the Mavic Pro series and the DJI Mini 3/DJI Mini 3 Pro support the Portrait mode in which the gimbal camera can be rotated by 90°, which is not supported in other models. For other models, to record a Portrait video, please select Vertical in Panorama mode by following the steps below. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2023-3-15
Use props
fredyt123
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 18:45
Thank you for your feedback. Due to the gimbal structure and design, among the DJI aerial photography drones, only the Mavic Pro series and the DJI Mini 3/DJI Mini 3 Pro support the Portrait mode in which the gimbal camera can be rotated by 90°, which is not supported in other models. For other models, to record a Portrait video, please select Vertical in Panorama mode by following the steps below. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

Paladin - thanks for your prompt and detailed response.
2023-3-15
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Im not sure about the air 2s. For true vertical shooting you might want to pick up the MINI 3 pro
2023-3-16
Use props
fredyt123
lvl.2
United States

Jake. A Posted at 3-16 08:36
Im not sure about the air 2s. For true vertical shooting you might want to pick up the MINI 3 pro

Jake thanks for responding.  I find your response interesting.  I don't know how a MINI 3 pro was a solution to my request???? Anyway, I was able to accomplish the task with impeccable footage.   The magic was in the settings as the Mavic Air2S is a very robust aircraft.   Second, in my request I tried to be clear about seeking responses from those WHO HAVE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, not a maybe or a might.  But I do appreciate your input.  Cheers.  Fred T   
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fredyt123 Posted at 3-15 19:06
Paladin - thanks for your prompt and detailed response.

You are very much welcome, Fredyt. Happy flying!
2023-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules