Smart Controller on slow charge PC
1694 12 2023-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drincon7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2077 ft
Colombia

Hello, im trying to use ADB with my smart controller in a large operation, but the problem is when i connect my smart controller to my pc and had a notification of slow charging, i try a lot of adapters but no one works, and a lot of cables, please need help with this, how can i charge my smart controller while is being connected to my PC
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, when the 'current charging speed slow' prompt is shown when charging, we recommend you use the standard charger and data cable.
2023-3-16
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

but i need to charge and use the host data port, is possible to use a PC to make this and no enter to a slow charging speed slow?
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

drincon7 Posted at 3-17 06:49
but i need to charge and use the host data port, is possible to use a PC to make this and no enter to a slow charging speed slow?

Could you please tell us more information about the PC you're using? You can also test with another PC to see if the message still exists.
2023-3-18
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

i try in a severous pcs and ports and nothing change... i tried in my Macbook Air M1 2020 with thunderbolt 3 ports, using the apple charger wired USBC-USBC(thunderbolt3 wired), and just saying slow charge and the without prompt with the question which media or charge option i want... please help
2023-3-18
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

The USBC hub Anker PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB-C will work for charging and connect the smart controller via ADB? at the same time obviusly.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

drincon7 Posted at 3-18 12:34
The USBC hub Anker PowerExpand+ 7-in-1 USB-C will work for charging and connect the smart controller via ADB? at the same time obviusly.

Thank you for your reply. We will consult with our teams.
2023-3-18
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

Thank you, i will wait for your answer
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

drincon7 Posted at 3-18 22:34
Thank you, i will wait for your answer

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We got the response from our engineers.
Here is the specifications of the standard charger:
Model: QC24.CN
Input: 100~240V~50/60Hz 0.8AMax
Output: 3.6~8V⎓3.0A/12V⎓2.0A

When charging with a standard charger, it takes about 2 hours to fully charge a DJI Smart Controller, and the maximum battery life is about 2.5 hours.

We still recommend you use the standard charger and data cable.
1)If the original charger and data cable are used, please connect the charger and data cable again. If the issue persists,  please send back the products for repair( the charger, data cable and the DJI Smart Controller/DJI RC Pro).
2) If a third-party charger is used, the charger needs to support QC2.0 or higher charging protocol, or the prompt will be shown. It is recommended that the original charger and data cable be used.
3) If a third-party charging cable is used and the prompt is shown, the cable quality is poor. It is recommended that the original charger and data cable be used.

kindly noted that we do not recommend connecting to PC for charging because we can not guarantee the power output of the PC.
2023-4-3
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

I tried a several bunch of wires and adaptaders, including brands like Belkin, Anker, Apple, Minosopuru, and no one works, i tried with a Belkin wire with QC3.0 and an adapter Minisopuru with the ability of charging and data at the same time; and the fast charge capability, please help, i dont know why DJI makes the things so hard to make for the developers. I need to charge and ADB the RM500 at the same time for long time operations.
2023-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

drincon7 Posted at 4-10 08:22
I tried a several bunch of wires and adaptaders, including brands like Belkin, Anker, Apple, Minosopuru, and no one works, i tried with a Belkin wire with QC3.0 and an adapter Minisopuru with the ability of charging and data at the same time; and the fast charge capability, please help, i dont know why DJI makes the things so hard to make for the developers. I need to charge and ADB the RM500 at the same time for long time operations.

May I ask if you use the original charger and data cable for charging, will this message still exist?
2023-4-11
Use props
drincon7
lvl.1
Colombia

yes, i do...
2023-4-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

1)If the original charger and data cable are used, please connect the charger and data cable again. If the issue persists,  please send back the products for repair( the charger, data cable and the DJI Smart Controller/DJI RC Pro).

Then, you are advised to send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index
2023-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules