1283 12 2023-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rv7EVBsZSg3m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 931755 ft
Belgium

Hi All,

I noticed my Mavic 3 classic starts to "wobble" ( like hula hope'n ) when he is tracking me sideways ( in active track mode ) while walking. No strong wind or anything. Is someone else experiencing the same thing or is this a known problem ?

Thanks for the feedback,
Bram
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bram. Thank you for reaching out. I sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-3-17
Use props
Bram81
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-17 00:37

Hello Gamora,

I did not receive a PM. Can you resent ?

Thanks
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bram81 Posted at 3-17 02:17
Hello Gamora,

Sorry for the inconvenience, Bram. Kindly check it again. Thank you.
2023-3-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bram81 Posted at 3-17 02:17
Hello Gamora,

... did you receive any "special" hints now... ?   
2023-3-17
Use props
Bram81
lvl.2
Belgium

Nope, just uploaded a video to there server so they can analyse the behavior.
2023-3-17
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got that wobble too. I was looking at it peculiarly at first but then figured that DJI is trying to make their active track footage look like Skydio 2+
2023-4-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 4-8 17:05
I got that wobble too. I was looking at it peculiarly at first but then figured that DJI is trying to make their active track footage look like Skydio 2+

Most DJI drones may wobble/oscillate  while active tracking. The system is not prefect...sometimes it works....sometimes not. Hit or miss. I have seen this with all the DJI tracking drones, Ma2 through M3.
2023-4-8
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-8 21:13
Most DJI drones may wobble/oscillate  while active tracking. The system is not prefect...sometimes it works....sometimes not. Hit or miss. I have seen this with all the DJI tracking drones, Ma2 through M3.

My air 2s never wobbled and so did my mini 3 pro.
2023-4-9
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get that wobble also. It’s really bad in hyperlapses using course lock etc.  it’s mostly to do with the drone trying to keep the crosshairs center point inside the green selection box. I want the drone to stay centered in the box, not drift from one corner to the other.  This ruins the footage, especially if you speed it up.

“The wobbler” is what I shall nickname my $2,000 Mavic 3 with the $1400 pro RC that can’t solve this.

I calibrate my IMU and compass and RC frequently, especially if I have traveled with my drone and before trying a hyperlapse. So to rule that out, it’s just loosely wobbling along like it’s in a dance.
2023-4-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 4-9 03:52
My air 2s never wobbled and so did my mini 3 pro.

Well, about 90% of my use is with active tracking of various targets, cars and boats and etc. Probably over 50 miles total now. Over the last several years, I have seen it with all my DJI drones capable of tracking.
2023-4-11
Use props
Bram81
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-17 00:37

Hello Gamora,

My Mavic 3 classic went totally out of control when i was trying to reactivate active track 2 weeks ago.  The drone wouln'd start tracking me from the front ( "start" didn't came up on the screen ), I tapped it again and the mavic just went crazy and crashed against several trees. It didn't respond to any command that was given by the remote. I acually was pretty scarred and relieved when the drone eventually dropped to the ground. If I wasn't in a forest, the mavic would have taken off, no doubt about that.  
I thought, no problem, Dji customer service will solve this since it is a new drone ( covered by the warrenty ) and to me this is clearly a software/hardware malfunction. My dealer shared the same thoughts and send the drone in for repair.
Now we received the quotation. It states NO WARRENTY and the repaircost is extremly high ( camera lens module replacement ).  They say the obstacle detection dont always detect branches ? This is not the reason why it crashed ... It crashed because it took off out of controle and also crashed against big trees ...   

Case number: CAS-12589309-W4T4S1

video's of the crash:

I think "the wobble" was an early sign there was something wrong with this drone.

Please Dji, reevaluate this case / check the data again.

Does somebody else experience the same problems with the active track not being stable ? ...
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bram81 Posted at 5-4 06:09
Hello Gamora,

My Mavic 3 classic went totally out of control when i was trying to reactivate active track 2 weeks ago.  The drone wouln'd start tracking me from the front ( "start" didn't came up on the screen ), I tapped it again and the mavic just went crazy and crashed against several trees. It didn't respond to any command that was given by the remote. I acually was pretty scarred and relieved when the drone eventually dropped to the ground. If I wasn't in a forest, the mavic would have taken off, no doubt about that.  

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback, we will check the problem and get back to you asap.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules