New P3P - update firmware??
4405 23 2015-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cookec2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032933 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, I have just plugged in my new pro 3 into the iPad and got the app running. It is saying the RC requires upgrade, battery, camera and aircraft all need firmware upgrade.
If I go to about, under firmware it has no version just says unknown.

What should I do!? Is it worth updating to the most recent anyway?
Thank you
2015-8-21
Use props
klaus227
New

Germany

Copter already updated, RC tried to update with USB stick. At flight location that app said, the RC needs update. Nevertheless, the first flight was ok. Back home, I have done the update for the RC via that app. After the update nothing is working any more. NO SIGNAL at the app
2015-8-21
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Try uninstalling the app and go for a clean install failing that try rebinding the rc to the bird.
2015-8-21
Use props
cookec2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032933 ft
United Kingdom

New I want to try and fly it tommorow but not sure if it's risky as it says unknown firmware currently installed although it's new out the box.
2015-8-21
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I just got my P3P last week and I did the update before my first flight and everything was fine. I had to download the update from the DJI site then save to a USB stick and install it that way and put the same update on the SD card for the aircraft. It said from here on out, I will be able to update firmware via the app.
2015-8-21
Use props
klaus227
New

Germany

bastell Posted at 2015-8-22 01:46
Try uninstalling the app and go for a clean install failing that try rebinding the rc to the bird.

Tried a new install (not working), rebinding is not working (RC didn't perform a search)
2015-8-21
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Sounds like your r/c might be r/s after the firmware update try downgrading the firmware failing that it will be a rma.
2015-8-21
Use props
klaus227
New

Germany

bastell Posted at 2015-8-22 09:46
Sounds like your r/c might be r/s after the firmware update try downgrading the firmware failing tha ...

downgrading doesn't work with the new RC-300B-model. Update only via the app possible.
2015-8-22
Use props
javen823
lvl.1

United States

Hi chuck i just got my p3p yesterday brand new. Do i have to update my firmware? Im newbie here....
2015-8-22
Use props
javen823
lvl.1

United States

Chuck1906 Posted at 2015-8-22 05:28
I just got my P3P last week and I did the update before my first flight and everything was fine. I h ...

Hi chuck i just got my p3p yesterday brand new. Do i have to update my firmware? Im newbie here....
2015-8-22
Use props
radius.indrawan
lvl.2

Indonesia

javen823 Posted at 2015-8-22 16:35
Hi chuck i just got my p3p yesterday brand new. Do i have to update my firmware? Im newbie here... ...

what firmware version does it have now?
if it's v1.3.2.0 already out-of-the-box, you don't have to update. it's the latest fw for now.
2015-8-22
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

Klaus, schau mal hier:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2482254

The ubiquitous Ed postet this:
Issues on updating the remote controller and corresponding solutions

GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

I think, such an information is worth beeing posted at several places, so I quote...

2015-8-22
Use props
klaus227
New

Germany

andreas_kreuz Posted at 2015-8-22 17:43
Klaus, schau mal hier:

Danke Andreas, das sieht bis jetzt ganz gut aus. RC konnte ein neues Update installiert werden, Verbindung steht. Nun will nur noch der Copter selbst nochmal das update haben (vermutlich wegen des RC-Updates).
2015-8-22
Use props
javen823
lvl.1

United States

radius.indrawan Posted at 2015-8-22 17:32
if it's v1.3.2.0 already out-of-the-box, you don't have to ...

Im really new here how do i find out what firmware im using. When i turn on my p3p and controller i can move my camera but when turn on dji go apps its say disconnected. I really dont know what firmware im running. I just bought it 2 days ago..
2015-8-22
Use props
javen823
lvl.1

United States

radius.indrawan Posted at 2015-8-22 17:32
if it's v1.3.2.0 already out-of-the-box, you don't have to ...

Im really new here how do i find out what firmware im using. When i turn on my p3p and controller i can move my camera but when turn on dji go apps its say disconnected. I really dont know what firmware im running. I just bought it 2 days ago..
2015-8-22
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

javen823 Posted at 2015-8-23 00:09
Im really new here how do i find out what firmware im using. When i turn on my p3p and controller  ...

you need to follow the standard procedure to power-on your P3P:
1. turn-on your RC
2. turn-on your P3P
3. connect your phone/tablet using USB data cable
4. run DJI Go app
5. choose "Enter Camera View"
6. enter settings menu at the top-right of the screen (triple dot-dash symbol)
7. scroll till the bottom, you'll find "About" option

there you can check your current P3P firmware.
2015-8-23
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

radius Posted at 2015-8-23 16:43
you need to follow the standard procedure to power-on your P3P:
1. turn-on your RC
2. turn-on your ...

I agree with an earlier post. Just received my Advanced this week. Without upgrading anything, when you get to the "About" screen there is no firmware listed. It does list the current Go App, but nothing else? At this point it flies fine and all functions seem to work as intended. Should I upgrade?.....
2015-8-23
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-8-24 06:29
I agree with an earlier post. Just received my Advanced this week. Without upgrading anything, whe ...

in order to check the P3 current firmware, it must be powered-on and connected to RC using the standard procedure i posted above.
currently i have P3P with 1.1.9 firmware and didn't decide yet whether i should update it to 1.3.2.0 or not.
it seems work fine with DJI Pilot 1.2.0, but don't know with DJI Go 2.0.2.
need advise from anyone experienced before decide to update it.
2015-8-23
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

It seems to be a crap shoot as to whether it will work for some people.  I have the latest FW and latest update for the GO app and everything works perfectly for me.  Others have complained about problems with losing signal and video lag etc.

I think the best way to know is just to go ahead and update everything...just make sure you have the previous versions on file so you can downgrade if needed.

2015-8-23
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

radius Posted at 2015-8-24 11:35
in order to check the P3 current firmware, it must be powered-on and connected to RC using the sta ...

Thanks Radius, but the RC, Phantom and Ipad were all powered in the correct sequence. I thought I may have done something wrong, so I dd it again, but nothing showing,....it seems something should be showing, but nothing.....I may try once more tomorrow....I flew it for the 3rd time today and noticed it had retrieved 20 satellites....I think that is a record .....the only problem I am having is determining the aircraft orientation using the software. The DJI mini osd has an arrow in the center of the page which points towards your home point, but trying to see the direction using the small pointers in the bottom of the screen is hard, especially when its bright outside....
2015-8-23
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-8-24 12:06
Thanks Radius, but the RC, Phantom and Ipad were all powered in the correct sequence. I thought I  ...

you could try set LCD brightness to max or using sun shade when flight at bright day.
did you happen to know that you can tap the small map at the bottom to switch view between camera <--> map ?
and don't forget to do compass calibration everytime you fly outside.
2015-8-23
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

radius Posted at 2015-8-24 12:17
you could try set LCD brightness to max or using sun shade when flight at bright day.
did you happ ...

Thanks Radius....I do have the sun shade and my brightness is turned up 100%....yes I know about the map feature....I have built a few quads using the the Naza Lite and the Naza V2 but I do not calibrate the compass each time I fly....that usually is only needed when changing locations as I understand it....I never had a fly away....right now I'm searching for an HDMI Board that I can have shipped within the next week or two, but most of the west coast sellers are out of stock from what I can tell.....thanks for your help
2015-8-23
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2015-8-24 12:51
Thanks Radius....I do have the sun shade and my brightness is turned up 100%....yes I know about t ...

you're welcome solsystem7. have a great day & flight.  
2015-8-24
Use props
rendall.evora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1337543 ft
Cabo Verde

andreas_kreuz Posted at 2015-8-22 17:43
Klaus, schau mal hier:

Hello Friend,
I think I found answer before you ask, I will like you proceseguir you recommended via Net
because I can not update my remote otherwise.
I expect positive results
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules