DJI RC
2174 6 2023-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
striperseeker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10827 ft
United States

Now that the RC is Air 2S compatible, I am thinking of getting it and ditching my RC-N1 and phone combination.
I've watched several tutorials on the RC, but I still can't find what I'm looking for. Namely, what am I losing by ditching the phone?
I know I can't load apps to the RC. Does that mean I won't have B4UFLY which I use all the time? Or drone buddy and Avia Weather? What about maps? Google maps over lay for the DJI Fly  app is awesome.  
I know the RC Pro is like a tablet, but I'm not ready to spend $1200 on a controller yet. I'd rather buy another (or two) DJI drones.What about GPS? Is that available? I assume with the RCN1 it was my phone providing it because if I turned off location services it failed.
TIA
-Mark

2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Mark. Thanks for reaching out and for your interest in DJI Products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. Regarding third-party apps, regretfully, the remote controller cannot install them and can only use the DJI Fly app. And for the maps, it uses MapTiler and supports Offline Map Downloads, allowing you to download maps of your planned flight destinations and display the maps even when there is no network connection. When the DJI RC is connected to the internet, you can download the maps by going into Profile>Offline Maps, dragging the map to the area to be downloaded, zooming to the appropriate layer, and tapping “Download.” Please note that a microSD card needs to be inserted into the remote controller for this function to work. And lastly, yes, the DJI RC has a GPS module. We hope this answers your concerns. Please let us know should you have further inquiries. Have a nice day.
2023-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not use those apps on your phone and fly with the DJI RC controller.  
2023-3-18
Use props
striperseeker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10827 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-17 20:45
Hi, Mark. Thanks for reaching out and for your interest in DJI Products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. Regarding third-party apps, regretfully, the remote controller cannot install them and can only use the DJI Fly app. And for the maps, it uses MapTiler and supports Offline Map Downloads, allowing you to download maps of your planned flight destinations and display the maps even when there is no network connection. When the DJI RC is connected to the internet, you can download the maps by going into Profile>Offline Maps, dragging the map to the area to be downloaded, zooming to the appropriate layer, and tapping “Download.” Please note that a microSD card needs to be inserted into the remote controller for this function to work. And lastly, yes, the DJI RC has a GPS module. We hope this answers your concerns. Please let us know should you have further inquiries. Have a nice day.

Thank you. You answered all I needed to know.
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_C9Kr7vTuTqxh
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-17 20:45
Hi, Mark. Thanks for reaching out and for your interest in DJI Products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs based on DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience. Regarding third-party apps, regretfully, the remote controller cannot install them and can only use the DJI Fly app. And for the maps, it uses MapTiler and supports Offline Map Downloads, allowing you to download maps of your planned flight destinations and display the maps even when there is no network connection. When the DJI RC is connected to the internet, you can download the maps by going into Profile>Offline Maps, dragging the map to the area to be downloaded, zooming to the appropriate layer, and tapping “Download.” Please note that a microSD card needs to be inserted into the remote controller for this function to work. And lastly, yes, the DJI RC has a GPS module. We hope this answers your concerns. Please let us know should you have further inquiries. Have a nice day.

RC shows red outlines on image.  But all videos are fine when watching on laptop. How can I get these red outlines out? Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

striperseeker Posted at 3-18 03:45
Thank you. You answered all I needed to know.

You are most welcome. Should you have further concerns or inquiries, please reach us back at DJI Forum. Stay safe.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_C9Kr7vTuTqxh Posted at 3-18 16:50
RC shows red outlines on image.  But all videos are fine when watching on laptop. How can I get these red outlines out? Thank you.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. You may have enabled Focus Peaking. To check, go to the DJI Fly App's Settings>Camera>Peak Level.

You may turn it off to remove the red outlines. If the issue remains, please post a screenshot of the screen for confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules