Unlocking Geo Zone with my Mini 3 Pro
3946 13 2023-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wadsw
lvl.1
United States

I am having a problem I can't solve.  I purchased a Mini 3 Pro about 1 month ago and am unable to complete the process of unlocking a geo zone (authorization).  I own a Mavic 2 Pro and have no problem with doing this but I am stumped on the problem with the Mini 3 Pro.  

No problem with getting a geo zone unlocked and downloaded in my Mini 3 Pro Remote, the problem occurs when I try to get the unlocked zone into the drone.  When I bring up the unlocks on the screen of the remote - to the right it states "aircraft disconnected".  I cannot download the unlocks eventhough the drone "seems" to be connected as the controller operates the drone for flying and for photos.

Can someone give me a direction to go on this?

Many thanks,

Tom
2023-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ignore my reply and see the next one...

Only thing i can think of is to connect the RC to a mobile hotspot or wifi if at home, then to what you need to do. I do not know anything about the unlocking as i have never needed it so my reply s purely based on your mention of being "disconnected" and whilst it very well might meand RC to drone, there is no telling with DJI wording, so its worth a try, sorry if it doesnt help.

Note, once you take off the RC will disconnect from the wifi and Bluetooth, so make sure you do what you need to do on the ground or turn the RC wifi back on after take-off
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Tom. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To clarify, the “Aircraft disconnected” error message is not because the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller but because the Flight Controller Serial Number of the connected aircraft does not match the one in the unlocking certificate. Please open the DJI Fly App's Settings> About to double-check the Flight Controller SN. Please compare if the numbers match. If not, we recommend you submit a new unlocking request with the correct Flight Controller SN. For more details, you can also contact our FlySafe team at (flysafe@dji.com). We hope this helps. Please reach us back should you have other concerns. Have a nice day.
2023-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Makes more sense that my reply lol
2023-3-17
Use props
Wadsw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-17 20:34
Hi, Tom. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To clarify, the “Aircraft disconnected” error message is not because the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller but because the Flight Controller Serial Number of the connected aircraft does not match the one in the unlocking certificate. Please open the DJI Fly App's Settings> About to double-check the Flight Controller SN. Please compare if the numbers match. If not, we recommend you submit a new unlocking request with the correct Flight Controller SN. For more details, you can also contact our FlySafe team at (). We hope this helps. Please reach us back should you have other concerns. Have a nice day.

Many thanks - will try this today.  Tom
2023-3-18
Use props
Wadsw
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-17 20:54
Makes more sense that my reply lol

Thank you.
2023-3-18
Use props
Wadsw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-17 20:34
Hi, Tom. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To clarify, the “Aircraft disconnected” error message is not because the aircraft is not connected to the remote controller but because the Flight Controller Serial Number of the connected aircraft does not match the one in the unlocking certificate. Please open the DJI Fly App's Settings> About to double-check the Flight Controller SN. Please compare if the numbers match. If not, we recommend you submit a new unlocking request with the correct Flight Controller SN. For more details, you can also contact our FlySafe team at (). We hope this helps. Please reach us back should you have other concerns. Have a nice day.

Well - you got me directed to a solution - all done, works fine.  

I had entered the "Remote Controller Serial Number" ino the unlock program.  I should have entered the "Flight Controller Serial Number" instead.  I have made that change and all is well.  This has to be a common mistake for drone owners, or maybe it's just me!  Anyway, thanks very much.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wadsw@comcast.n Posted at 3-18 04:42
Well - you got me directed to a solution - all done, works fine.  

I had entered the "Remote Controller Serial Number" ino the unlock program.  I should have entered the "Flight Controller Serial Number" instead.  I have made that change and all is well.  This has to be a common mistake for drone owners, or maybe it's just me!  Anyway, thanks very much.

Thanks for the update, and you're welcome, Tom. We're glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Stay safe!
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_Aijdc8miO4fd
New

United States

I'm having the same problem but my fc sn is correct. Not sure what else to do.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_Aijdc8miO4fd
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 13:09
If you are using the DJI RC the problem may be it is disabling Wi-Fi when connected to the drone.  When the drone is connected, swipe down to the RC settings & make sure Wi-Fi is enabled & connected to the internet.  If it is, then try to add the unlock to the drone.
Hey, the WiFi checks out good but still it says aircraft disconnected. I quadruple checked the numbers to make sure but still. I've pretty much tried everything I seen in the forums. I deleted all the unlock requests and redid the unlock request so I only have one authorization request verified.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_pY3QQzCbfFtK
New

Brazil

While adding my drone I chose mini 3 istead of mini 3 pro now I can’t change or add any sn, how do I delete ?
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_pY3QQzCbfFtK Posted at 12-2 09:46
While adding my drone I chose mini 3 istead of mini 3 pro now I can’t change or add any sn, how do I delete ?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. To add or remove the serial number, you may visit this link. You may go to "Device Management" to delete the device. Please feel free to let us know about the latest progress.
2023-12-3
Use props
djiuser_72ld3l9adZlE
lvl.1

United States

I've successfully applied for and unlocked at leaast a dozen Geo Zones, and failed in the process maybe four times.  Very time consuming.  So why is this a mandatory procedure?  I bought my Mini 3 Pro and my Mini 2.  That means I own it, I don't rent it or lease it.  What I do with it should be my business and the business of the authorities of the airspace I fly in.  When I receive LAANC or FAA authorization (or even if I didn't), how is DJI implicated?
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_72ld3l9adZlE Posted at 12-14 14:31
I've successfully applied for and unlocked at leaast a dozen Geo Zones, and failed in the process maybe four times.  Very time consuming.  So why is this a mandatory procedure?  I bought my Mini 3 Pro and my Mini 2.  That means I own it, I don't rent it or lease it.  What I do with it should be my business and the business of the authorities of the airspace I fly in.  When I receive LAANC or FAA authorization (or even if I didn't), how is DJI implicated?

Hi, there. Thank you for your inquiry. DJI’s GEO System delineates where it is safe to fly, where flight may raise concerns, and where flight is restricted. GEO Zones that prohibit flight are implemented around locations such as airports, power plants, and prisons. They are also implemented temporarily around major event venues, forest fires, or other emergency situations. Certain GEO Zones such as wildlife reserves and densely populated towns do not prohibit flight but do trigger warnings that inform users of potential risks. The above-mentioned zones where flight is conditionally allowed or prohibited are collectively referred to as the GEO Zones, which include Warning Zones, Enhanced Warning Zones, Authorization Zones, Altitude Zones, Restricted Zones, and others. By default, GEO limits flights into or taking off within zones that raise safety or security concerns. If a flight within one of these locations has been authorized, GEO allows users with verified DJI accounts to temporarily unlock or self-authorize their flights. The unlocking service is not available for sensitive national-security locations. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules