NFZ in a grey area
1123 9 2023-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KRH13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, why am i now getting the NFZ on my controller when im in a grey area, this is at my home address and the zone hasn’t changed.
But since i updated it has appeared
2023-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Most probably because there is an airfield in a 50km radius of your location. Check on fly safe map.
2023-3-18
Use props
KRH13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

There is, but I should be able to fly in a gray zone and I have had no problem for the last 2 years
2023-3-18
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

KRH13 Posted at 3-18 11:00
There is, but I should be able to fly in a gray zone and I have had no problem for the last 2 years

Recently DJI changed the maximum flight altitude on the Mavic 3. If you're not in that 50km zone you can fly up to 1000 meters high (theoretically, NOT legally). You can disable the Altitude Zone layer on the map if it is bothering you.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, KRH13. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you were not able to fly there anymore. Can you please drone model and precise latitude and longitude coordinates for further checking? The DJI Geofencing is a voluntary measure we have rolled out globally based on the International Civil Aviation Organization's Annex 14. It is not tied to local regulations and should not be seen as a guide to local regulations. Since the laws and regulations differ in every country, we are unable to make our no-fly zone completely the same as in every country. We will gradually optimize and improve the GEO map, to be able to support advanced operations in your country, but it takes some time. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated. 
2023-3-18
Use props
KRH13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-18 23:20
Hi, KRH13. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read that you were not able to fly there anymore. Can you please drone model and precise latitude and longitude coordinates for further checking? The DJI Geofencing is a voluntary measure we have rolled out globally based on the International Civil Aviation Organization's Annex 14. It is not tied to local regulations and should not be seen as a guide to local regulations. Since the laws and regulations differ in every country, we are unable to make our no-fly zone completely the same as in every country. We will gradually optimize and improve the GEO map, to be able to support advanced operations in your country, but it takes some time. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated. 

Magic Pro 2
E3216E51-189D-4B62-9964-1DDA9C4A4EF5.png
2023-3-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

You are located on the axis of an airport runway. According to the MilAIP the airfield EGVL is not used. Validate the information with the local CAA, then you can write to flysafe@dji.com with supporting AIP data to have the NFZ removed.
UK Mil AIP | AIP (mod.uk)
eAIS Package United Kingdom (nats.co.uk)

BUF1.JPG

2023-3-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Canceled the idea of writing to fly safe, despite the fact that the airfield is not active, the CAA has restricted the possibility of flying drones nearby. So everything is fine, everything is normal.
BUF2.JPG
2023-3-19
Use props
KRH13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Many thanks for your replies, the last one has left me a bit confused tho , so I can’t fly here anymore?
2023-3-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

KRH13 Posted at 3-19 03:08
Many thanks for your replies, the last one has left me a bit confused tho , so I can’t fly here anymore?

You must take into account the restrictions published by the UK CAA.  
https://www.caa.co.uk/drones/airspace-and-restrictions/airspace-restrictions-for-remotely-piloted-aircraft-and-drones/

The DJI fly zones are generic restrictions that are not always precise.  If they are annoying and not in accordance with local regulations you can write to them to ask for their removal.  

You can also do the opposite and ask to add more.  However, I recommend that you do not do this, simply so as not to add inconvenient steps to professional operators.
2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules