Prop Holder Advice
1546 22 2023-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sp4rkuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi, just a quick question, I recently bought this 'Skyreat propeller protector' off Amazon for my new M3P w/FMK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Propeller-Protector-Accessories-Protection/dp/B0B4JMSHMG
It's OKish, the chunky base sits nicely underneath the aircraft and gently cups the bottom (front arms) props, but I'm a little concerned about the tension (non adjustable) of the rubber strap that goes around securing the top (rear arms) props, seems it could be bending them a little. Thinking about returning it and getting something else, would any of you be in agreement / suggest something more suitable?
Thanks all.

2023-3-18
Use props
Atomschlumpf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254354 ft
Germany

I bought the same one and was also concerned about bending the props. Since its made with TPU I heated the strap with my heat gun and stretched it slightly. If that's not an option for you I honestly would return it, since it's definitely slightly too small
2023-3-18
Use props
Atomschlumpf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254354 ft
Germany

Scratch my previous comment, I got them switched around. I first bought the Skyreat one and then returned it, since it's too tight. After that I got he Cynova one, and that's the one where I stretched the strap a bit, since it's not quite as tight as the Skyreat one and I like the base better, since it's hugs the prop motors more.
2023-3-18
Use props
sp4rkuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just been doing some more searching, I gather some users just opt for a simple velcro strap wrapped around?
2023-3-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I stretched the Skyreat strap as per my thread about it but after a good while it ends up shrinking again so i kept it naked, i may go for the DJI one if its any better
2023-3-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get the DJI version if its in stock
2023-3-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I bought the Sunnylife holder. It has two holes at the end of the strap, and plugged into the end one it's a snug - but not tight - fit.
I also like the way it secures the other side via two lugs fitting into the downward sensors. That is intended to provide additonal protection for the sensors, I believe.
This one
2023-3-18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I just keep in my bag.
I was also worried that any protection would deform the propellers.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sp4rkuk. Thank you for reaching out. You may try DJI Mini 3 Series Propeller Holder. It is currently out of stock on our official website (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-propeller-holder) but you may click on In Stock Reminder and then submit your email address so that you'll get notified once it is available again. You may also check authorized dealers if they have them in stock. We hope that other DJI Pilots can give you insights about other propeller holders. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-18
Use props
Palliativo
lvl.3

Philippines

I purchased the DJI official strap: also that one is a bit tight. I hope it is not an issue for the arms of the drone.
2023-3-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-18 16:12
I bought the Sunnylife holder. It has two holes at the end of the strap, and plugged into the end one it's a snug - but not tight - fit.
I also like the way it secures the other side via two lugs fitting into the downward sensors. That is intended to provide additonal protection for the sensors, I believe.
This one

... these are the best ones.      
2023-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just got the official DJI one and they include standoffs so that the props dont take any load,  it was only £12.   
2023-3-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 00:46
I just got the official DJI one and they include standoffs so that the props dont take any load,  it was only £12.

I have been waiting to hear about the new one, that's great to hear, thank you, i will blow some points on that
2023-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-19 04:41
I have been waiting to hear about the new one, that's great to hear, thank you, i will blow some points on that

Ive been really pleased with it,   nicely made,  I do think they should have included it with the drone though like the Mini2.
2023-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased the DJI official strap.  It fits perfectly and puts no strain on the props at all.  
2023-3-19
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

I just use a rubber band that is light enough to keep the props in place without placing any tension on them.
2023-3-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 05:54
Ive been really pleased with it,   nicely made,  I do think they should have included it with the drone though like the Mini2.

Thanks guys, as for why it wasnt included, only one obvious reasons other than it not being ready, the extra ££ / $$ on sales, it is poor form for the consumer, i mean, especially when it was included on prior models, it's not like it costs much to make. No charger, no prop holder, whats next, no props?
2023-3-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MRDroneRookie Posted at 3-19 10:34
I just use a rubber band that is light enough to keep the props in place without placing any tension on them.

What i have learnt over the years of using rubber bands, not for this purpose mind and that is they deteriorate over time til they snap, plus, having the official version just makes you feel warm and gooey inside
2023-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-19 19:06
Thanks guys, as for why it wasnt included, only one obvious reasons other than it not being ready, the extra ££ / $$ on sales, it is poor form for the consumer, i mean, especially when it was included on prior models, it's not like it costs much to make. No charger, no prop holder, whats next, no props?

hahaha,   no instruction manual next is my guess.
2023-3-20
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I use the DJI strap and it works great.
2023-3-20
Use props
sp4rkuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OK guys thanks, sounds like the dji one is the best to go for then. I might just knock up a couple of 3dp clips in the meantime whilst I'm waiting for it to come into stock again.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sp4rkuk Posted at 3-20 08:25
OK guys thanks, sounds like the dji one is the best to go for then. I might just knock up a couple of 3dp clips in the meantime whilst I'm waiting for it to come into stock again.

You may also want to click the link below and check the DJI Resellers in your location if they have available stocks for this accessory. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2023-4-12
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

The DJI Mini 3 Series Propeller Holder is in stock at Amazon. I got it from there and it fits perfectly.

DJI Mini 3 Serie Propellerhalter

2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules