Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3119777 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
My Ronin 4d has focus isues in smart auto focus with manual lenses. Mostly with faces, backfocus is terible.
It is with manual e mount and m mount lenses. I tryed all I could think of, but only thing that worked was just staying on the Vo1.04.0100 FW.

Until I got my Flex. Does not work on that FW so hoped DJI would have solved the focus problem in the new FW.
But not,,, I even found a new bug. Not being able to set shutter to auto. (good for manualy calibrate my lenses)
So now back on the older FW. with a useles FLEX.
When wil this fixed?
See Post on FB for some pics and videos. :  https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji4d/permalink/595761892567458

Please solve this.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are investigating the issue.
However, our engineers are unable to produce the issue from our side. Would you please export the LOG on DJI Ronin 4D for us?

DJI Ronin 4D added log export feature, allowing the log to be output to selected storage media. Details are as follows:  

1. Ensure that the Ronin 4D has been updated to V01.03.0200 or later versions.

2. Menu > System > Export Log in DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor and export the log to the storage media.

3. Wait for the logs exporting process to finish, connect the storage media to the computer, and you will see a Log folder.
2023-3-20
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 00:59
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are investigating the issue.
However, our engineers are unable to produce the issue from our side. Would you please export the LOG on DJI Ronin 4D for us?

Thank you,
1. I asume, after I updatet to the latest firmware, I also have to calibrate a manual lens and than do some test shots. Or is that not needed for you to see whats wrong in the log file?
2. And can I only get the log file from the remote monitor? The problem is also when not useing the remote monitor.
3. Were do I sent the log file to
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Reno Maenhout Posted at 3-20 01:40
Thank you,
1. I asume, after I updatet to the latest firmware, I also have to calibrate a manual lens and than do some test shots. Or is that not needed for you to see whats wrong in the log file?
2. And can I only get the log file from the remote monitor? The problem is also when not useing the remote monitor.

Your firmware is supposed to be the latest one so I guess you don't need to update the firmware again.
You can also export the LOGs on DJI Assistant 2.
Download link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/ronin-4d
Our engineers recommend you reproduce the issue on your device again and then export the corresponding Log for us. To analyze the logs, we need the exact time and date so that we can locate the issue. Thus, if you could do some test shots and export the logs for us, that would be great because the issued LOGs you reported on Facebook may be rewritten or you are unable to recall the time and date.
Please upload the Logs to a cloud drive and share the link with us.
Thank you in advance.
2023-3-20
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-20 02:55
Your firmware is supposed to be the latest one so I guess you don't need to update the firmware again.
You can also export the LOGs on DJI Assistant 2.
Download link:

Thanks for your reply.
I also contacted suport  about this, but still no reply from them.
What is the best way to go now?
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Reno Maenhout Posted at 3-22 00:45
Thanks for your reply.
I also contacted suport  about this, but still no reply from them.
What is the best way to go now?

I will check your email. Would you please tell us your ticket number in PM? Thanks.
2023-3-22
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-22 01:04
I will check your email. Would you please tell us your ticket number in PM? Thanks.

Sended it.
Thanks for the help.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Reno Maenhout Posted at 3-22 01:10
Sended it.
Thanks for the help.

Thank you. We received that. Would you please also upload the Logs for us?
Thank you very much!
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_kkfJDAutgKsS
lvl.1
United States

Hey man, yes I have the exact same issue - I just shot for 2 hours where the Lidar was able to keep focus sharp on my manual lenses and also keep up with me pushing in on my subject's face but then I had no tracking. Then when I activated smart mode, the AF stopped working properly and even though the face was targeted as a green box, the AF would consistently focus 2 feet past the face most of the time - even though the lidar waveform could see the face, it decided to lock on 2 feet past it. Then if it did finally find the face and lock it, it was so sluggish and slow to respond that the moment that I pushed in it would lose focus and lag behind, rendering any push ins (even slow) useless and soft.
2023-4-26
Use props
jusm4u
lvl.1

United States

I also have the exact same problem this is a big issue. Also there are facebook members in the DJI ronin 4d group having the same issue after firmware update. Everything has been upgraded to the newest. Once I rolled back it worked fine this is a firmware issue not sure how your engineers can not replicate this. My ronin flex is useless on the old firmware update. Please figure this out fast
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules