1431 17 2023-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_545h0hkBH0pS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,

Thank in advance for any help

I am having trouble linking my drone to my controller. The drone was linked and functioning normally but failed to be recognised after powering on once and have since been able to link the two

I have attempted to update the firmware on the drone in order to help remedy the linking issue without success. The firmware updates repeatedly fail. I have tried the updates  through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software installed on multiple computers with different operating systems (Mac OS 10.15.7, 12.6.3 ,13.2.1 and Windows Pro 11-through Parallels) and with multiple different cables

I have spoken to DJI support and have been suggested sending the drone in for repair but thought best check here first incase any other troubleshooting routes could be attempted

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Laurence  

2023-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you are using the wrong Assistant 2.  The Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2 Pro is this one:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26785 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 07:48
I think you are using the wrong Assistant 2.  The Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2 Pro is this one:

Nope. Mavic 2 Pro will update and become "DJI Assistant Consumer Drone Series". Mavic 2 Pro will not detect the drone. it will right away ask to update the software and that becomes Consumer Drone Series.
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26785 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue. I've been reading some forums and this is something DJI have not resolve since in the past. It feels like we wasted our money buying this brand. I just flew my drone less than 10 times. Hopefully someone would be able to resolve the issue.
2023-3-19
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 07:48
I think you are using the wrong Assistant 2.  The Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2 Pro is this one:

Thanks for your help DowntownRDB unfortunately still fails to update with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic as well
2023-3-19
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Revealer Posted at 3-19 08:26
Nope. Mavic 2 Pro will update and become "DJI Assistant Consumer Drone Series". Mavic 2 Pro will not detect the drone. it will right away ask to update the software and that becomes Consumer Drone Series.

Also if I skip the update request to  DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) the firmware update still fails
2023-3-19
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Never mind. Post deleted.
2023-3-19
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your help FloridaNext, yes

"I have attempted to update the firmware on the drone in order to help remedy the linking issue without success. The firmware updates repeatedly fail. I have tried the updates  through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) software installed on multiple computers with different operating systems (Mac OS 10.15.7, 12.6.3 ,13.2.1 and Windows Pro 11-through Parallels) and with multiple different cables"

2023-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

lasconcore Posted at 3-19 08:40
Thanks for your help DowntownRDB unfortunately still fails to update with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic as well

Sorry about that as that is the version I was using until my Mavic 2 Pro was stolen.  Hopefully, a DJI Mod/Admin will come along soon and provide some help or a resolution to the issue.  
2023-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Revealer Posted at 3-19 08:26

Sorry about that as that is the version I was using until my Mavic 2 Pro was stolen.  Hopefully, a DJI Mod/Admin will come along soon and provide some help or a resolution to this issue you are both having.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Laurence. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such issues. May we ask for a screenshot or picture of the update failure error message for further checking? We'll be waiting for your response. Thank you.
2023-3-19
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 21:15
Hi, Laurence. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such issues. May we ask for a screenshot or picture of the update failure error message for further checking? We'll be waiting for your response. Thank you.

Hi Tony,

The error varied , I have attached screenshots of two of the update failure errors

Kind regards,

Laurence
2023-3-20
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lasconcore Posted at 3-20 08:31
Hi Tony,

The error varied , I have attached screenshots of two of the update failure errors

2023-3-20
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The second, cut-off screenshot reads "the device connection is unstable, Please reconnect the device then enter the firmware upgrade page to confirm the upgrade information"
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for the update. Checking the error code, we're afraid you may consider the initial suggestions provided by our Customer Support about sending it back for further checking. We regret to inform you that with this kind of error, there is no alternative remote solution other than reattempting the update multiple times. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2023-3-21
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just to update here  I sent the drone to DJI for repair and the Core Board Module had failed (£452.70 to replace). There was no crashing or anything to damage the drone. The core board module just failed
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lasconcore Posted at 4-7 06:36
[view_image]

Just to update here  I sent the drone to DJI for repair and the Core Board Module had failed (£452.70 to replace). There was no crashing or anything to damage the drone. The core board module just failed

Hi there, we are sorry for the belated reply, I am able to trace your case number via your forum account. As per the case, it was a paid service because the drone is beyond the warranty period. Yet, the team updated the solution for your case and sent you an email. Hope your case will be sorted soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-4-12
Use props
lasconcore
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I can confirm this is the case
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules