Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
switching between remotes
4203 17 2023-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I bought the mini 3 pro with the rcn1 and setup no issues, then I got the rc remote . There is no issues to connect it if I unbind the rcn1 and then bind the rc remote , and to switch back to rcn1 just do the same process. My question is ,are there a limit to the number of times this can be done or is there an easier way.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no limit on binding when switching your remote controller. Binding each remote controller is required during flight. Your aircraft has DJI Care Flyaway Coverage and if you did not bind the aircraft with the remote controller (used during the said flight) it will result in being unable to use the said coverage in the future. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-3-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin, are you saying that BINDING is a requirement for care refresh ON ITS OWN even if the owner DOES NOT have flyaway insurance?
2023-3-20
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I don't think there is.
2023-3-20
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

apparently it is because i do not  have care refresh on it and of all  the dji drones I have there are only the mini 3pro and avata in my manager. which I just bought this winter and loaded firmware before the remote id one started so I dont need the fly app to use.
2023-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andre Laf Posted at 3-20 05:56
apparently it is because i do not  have care refresh on it and of all  the dji drones I have there are only the mini 3pro and avata in my manager. which I just bought this winter and loaded firmware before the remote id one started so I dont need the fly app to use.

Who are you answering with that post?
Just to check my understanding, are you saying  that
a) ONLY the Avata and Mini 3 Pro appear in the "device management" section of the Fly App and that
b) you have other DJI drones that DO NOT appear in the "device management" section of the Fly App?,

If so, are those other drones Fly app using drones?

Are you also saying that you DO NOT have care refresh on/for either the Avata and the Mini 3 Pro?
If so, and if you, in the Fly App, undo any bindings between those drones and your account and also undo the bindings between the controllers and their respective drones, can you fly the drones without hinderance?

Just as a matter of interest, and assuming you have neither care- refresh nor FlyAway insurance, can you actually fly the Mini 3 Pro with the unbound controller with out hinderance?
I ask because I bound a Mini 2, that has neither Care-Refresh nor FlyAway, to my account, I was NOT presented with the option to bind the controller to the drone but I was able to fly the drone, with out hinderance, using a friend's DJI account and ANY suitable controller.
2023-3-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah, a couple of post here confused me as well.  it is my understand, dji care refresh and dji flyaway care coverage are not two separate things.  there is only one form of insurance and it's called dji care refresh.  there is a provision within dji care refresh and it's called dji flyaway care coverage.  you can activate that coverage by binding your drone's account to your remote controller.  this will record the linking relationship between your drone and the remote.  you must bind (not pair, not connect, etc) the drone and the rc in order to make use of flyaway coverage and if you do not bind, you cannot make a flyaway claim after an incident even while your dji care refresh is in effect.  but you can still make a non-flyaway claim for accidental damage; however, if you don't bind, the aircraft is automatically bound to the current log-in account.

i believe the op is asking about how many times he can pair and connect his remotes with different drones or the same drone.  i could be wrong but in my mind, this is not actually "binding" the drone and the remote.  you may pair, link/unlink, connect/disconnect your 2 different remotes with your m3p back and forth as often as you wish.  apparently the same is true for binding/unbinding.
the current process might be more or less complicated and may different from drone to drone; i think i'm looking at an older drone/process.
2023-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 3-20 09:14
yeah, a couple of post here confused me as well.  it is my understand, dji care refresh and dji flyaway care coverage are not two separate things.  there is only one form of insurance and it's called dji care refresh.  there is a provision within dji care refresh and it's called dji flyaway care coverage.  you can activate that coverage by binding your drone's account to your remote controller.  this will record the linking relationship between your drone and the remote.  you must bind (not pair, not connect, etc) the drone and the rc in order to make use of flyaway coverage and if you do not bind, you cannot make a flyaway claim after an incident even while your dji care refresh is in effect.  but you can still make a non-flyaway claim for accidental damage; however, if you don't bind, the aircraft is automatically bound to the current log-in account.

i believe the op is asking about how many times he can pair and connect his remotes with different drones or the same drone.  i could be wrong but in my mind, this is not actually "binding" the drone and the remote.  you may pair, link/unlink, connect/disconnect your 2 different remotes with your m3p back and forth as often as you wish.  apparently the same is true for binding/unbinding.

it is my understand, dji care refresh and dji flyaway care coverage are not two separate things.
Ditto.

you can activate that coverage by binding your drone's account to your  remote controller.  Strictly speaking I don't think that is correct,  isn't there an additional fee/premium that must be paid first, which is over and above the ''Care Refresh'' premium?

record the linking relationship
I'd delete the words ''linking relationship'' and substitue ''association'', so as to avoid using the word ''link'' or a derivative of it, when talking about 'binding'.

if you do not bind, ........ but you can still make a non-flyaway claim for accidental damage           
QUESTIONABLE and the point of my post #3, which has yet to be answered by DJI Paladin.

if you don't bind, the aircraft is automatically bound to the current log-in account.
IS IT?

i believe the op is asking about how many times he can pair and connect his remotes with different drones or the same drone.
I do not believe he is asking about ''pairing'', which I take to mean the establishing of the connection between the drone and the controller for control purposes, to me he appears to say that that is quite easy.
I believe he asking if there is a limit to the number of times he can bind and unbind controllers to and from the drone, where '' bind'' etc. refers to connect between the drone and controller that is required for the FlyAway cover to be vaild.

2023-3-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 10:55
it is my understand, dji care refresh and dji flyaway care coverage are not two separate things.
Ditto.

Sean said "I believe he asking if there is a limit to the number of times he can bind and unbind controllers to and from the drone, where '' bind'' etc. refers to connect between the drone and controller that is required for the FlyAway cover to be vaild."

could be, at first i thought so and i think dji thought the same as well since "binding" was mentioned but then in post #5 he mentioned he didn't have dji care refresh.

there terms of the coverage and how much for pay for both (or separately) could vary by region; in america we don't have to pay extra to activate the additional coverage but you will pay more if you make a claim.  i took the verbiage from here although it's a little older:

2023-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

in america we don't have to pay extra to activate the additional coverage

Ahh I might have been mistaken about that.
2023-3-20
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

try again the mini 3 pro does not have care refresh but it is still listed in my app device management. binding the drone  and remote is what dji reference to in care refresh. linking or pairing the drone to the remote is for flying from what i gathered .  As for my avata I did get care refresh because of the issues people were having with it , and with  that I use the remote from one of my fpv and the motion controller that came with the avata. They are both paired to the avata and can be switched any time by booting drone and either remote with no issues I think . But not sure because I do not use the fly app it has the firmware version before you had to have your phone connected to the goggles.
All the other dji drones I have do not have care refresh and are not listed on the app devise management , but other then the fpv drones I have not used for awhile, and the fpv  did not have to have the fly app on to use.
2023-3-20
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

So I just watched the video in post above were he was using 1 remote for 2 drones and once that is done I think you do not have to rebind in your account. But if you use 2 remotes for 1 drone and want to have fly away coverage you have to  which ever remote you are using bound to the drone and to the refresh account . If you do not change it then you only get 5 flights with the remote that is not bound to the account which think is dji way to cover someone that try's to use a drone that is not bound to their  account I am guessing.
Now as for my avata I am not sure what is going on there because I don't want to connect to the app and would then have to update the firmware .
2023-3-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RE 1st post, you dont have to "unbind" and then "re-bind", as re-binding will auto unbind it.

A wee rant...

To be honest, I do not like the idea of it when using 2 remotes, there needs to be something like profiles where you can hot swap RC's without this binding lark, well, i mean, do it initially and it's then held in a profile or sommat, it then gives you a choice, are you using previously bound RC 1 or RC 2, then you do not have to keep on re-binding each time you change, this takes up precious battery time, for the RC and the drone, granted, you could plan it if you know you're going to swap the RC, i.e. you could do the binding lark at the end of the previous flight, that way you would save time and bind on your next flight, but that only works if you're expecting to use the other RC. Having to keep on doing it every single time is a major pain in the butt. Rant over
2023-3-20
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I have no issue with the bind and unbind , just wasn't sure if there was a limit to how many times . But not sure why it is there to start when I don't have refresh on the drone to begin  with.   
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Andre Laf Posted at 3-20 05:56
apparently it is because i do not  have care refresh on it and of all  the dji drones I have there are only the mini 3pro and avata in my manager. which I just bought this winter and loaded firmware before the remote id one started so I dont need the fly app to use.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. As the initial response on the above post, there is no limit in binding and it is always required if you switch remote controllers. In addition, could you please provide us the serial number of your DJI Mini 3 Pro via PM so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 00:00
DJI Paladin, are you saying that BINDING is a requirement for care refresh ON ITS OWN even if the owner DOES NOT have flyaway insurance?

Hi there. Sean. Sorry for the late response. You can use the DJI care refresh replacement once your DJI account/serial number is already bounded with a DJI care refresh upon purchase. The binding rule on the DJI Fly app is only applicable to the DJI Care Refresh flyaway coverage. Despite of, for products supported with flyaway coverage, we highly recommend performing the binding process to ensure that you are qualified for flyaway coverage in the future if there's something happens on the unit. For more information, you may access the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Paladin, I take it from that that care refresh is valid with out binding and I do mean care refresh and not flyaway coverage. Thanks.
2023-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-13 03:41
Cheers Paladin, I take it from that that care refresh is valid with out binding and I do mean care refresh and not flyaway coverage. Thanks.

You are most welcome, Sean. Sorry again for the late response. Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules