Mavic Pro 2 not connecting to RC
8181 25 2023-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Revealer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26785 ft
United States

Hello. asking for help. My mavic pro 2 not connecting to the RC using DJI Go 4.observation:
1. Flashing yellow - fast

Performed:
1. Deleted the app and re-installed -issue still persist
2. Formatted the memory - issue still persist

Any solution that works? Please let me know.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Revealer. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. If there is an SD inserted, please remove the microSD card from the aircraft and restart it.
2. Switch the linking method between “Linking with the app,” and “Linking with combination buttons."
3. Check whether the remote controller is updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
4. If the linking still fails, please check whether the aircraft firmware has been updated to the latest version. Connect to DJI Assistant 2and check the version. Update to the latest version and try linking.
If the issue remains, please record the linking process and share it with us for further checking. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

2023-3-18
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-18 22:37
Hi, Revealer. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. If there is an SD inserted, please remove the microSD card from the aircraft and restart it.
2. Switch the linking method between “Linking with the app,” and “Linking with combination buttons."

Hi Tony. Thank you for responding. Regarding the issue below are my response.
1. performed
2. Switch the linking method between “Linking with the app,” and “Linking with combination buttons." -
performed "Linking with the app" (I used DJI go 4 but still not connecting). How do you do "Linking with combination buttons"?
3. Connecting RC to iphone app DJI go 4, No firmware update showing up. which means my RC is updated. I always update both RC and Drone if something shows up on the app.
4. Connected Drone to DJI assistant 2 (Consumer drones series - software updates from DJI assistant for mavic to DJI Assistant Consumer Drone Series) - my Mavic 2 Pro shows Current firmware
Version: V01.00.0790
Date: 2022-09-23

The only thing that i did not do was "linking with combination buttons". I do not know how to do it. Can you please let me know. Thank you again for your help.
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

DJI assistant 2 Cannot detect Mavic 2 Pro RC

Hello. Can someone help out on how to connect DJI Remote Controller (Mavic 2 Pro) to DJI assistant. I have the latest DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series) Installed on my PC. My goal is to probably update or refresh the firmware of my RC using DJI Assitant 2. Below was the process performed:1. Open up the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) - Downloaded Assitant 2 for Mavic but a prompt appeared to update to consumer drone series.
2. Connecting my RC to PC, a sound can be heard detecting the remote controller but 2 sec later another sound was heard which indicate detection and disconnection. (On my device manager I saw it was detected but then 2 seconds later it was gone)

Thank you in advance.

2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Mavic Mini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2423402 ft
Germany

Try to delete the device from device manager, then try again. Also try running Assistant as an admin
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mavic Mini Posted at 3-19 12:16
Try to delete the device from device manager, then try again. Also try running Assistant as an admin

Hi. I don't have the chance to delete it in device manager as it disappear after 2 seconds. PC detects it upon connecting the cable and disappear. Any other solutions is greatly appreciated. I will try running in Admin if that will help. Thank you

Open DJI Assistant 2 using Administrator credentials still No Luck.
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Frustrating

Always wondered why consumers has to go through this process due to bugs created by DJI. As a consumer, we should just pay and enjoy the product. Now we became technical support ourselves trying to figure out their mess. It seems they don't know how to fix the issue. There is no concrete solution they can provide us.
Anyone going through this headache? Just all of a sudden this happens. They shouldn't have rolled out software, products unless they are 100% sure everything works.

2023-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear your frustration with DJI.  Unfortunately, it is not only drones. Some of the best smartphone makers put out products and after reading issues on forums or reddit then have to figure out a fix and issue a firmware or software update.  

At least with some issues there are temporary workarounds until a fix is issued.  I do agree DJI needs to do more thorough beta testing and not rush products to the market.  
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 13:42
I hear your frustration with DJI.  Unfortunately, it is not only drones. Some of the best smartphone makers put out products and after reading issues on forums or reddit then have to figure out a fix and issue a firmware or software update.  

At least with some issues there are temporary workarounds until a fix is issued.  I do agree DJI needs to do more thorough beta testing and not rush products to the market.

Wasted so much time on this and we are not even paid. We paid DJI to give us a headache.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Revealer. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the connection remains unstable, please try changing the cable. You may also try using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and check whether the same behavior is observed. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Revealer Posted at 3-19 00:10
1. performed
2. Switch the linking method between “Linking with the app,” and “Linking with combination buttons." -

We understand. You may check this video tutorial for specific instructions on how to link it using combination buttons:
2023-3-19
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 20:36
Hi, Revealer. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. If the connection remains unstable, please try changing the cable. You may also try using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and check whether the same behavior is observed. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Tony,
Appreciate your response. Will try your video tutorial once I get the chance. On the other hand, I first downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and installed. But after running it, it did not detect the drone and a prompt appeared stating to upgrade. After upgrading, another Icon showed up with title (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone Series). The consumer drone series detects the drone and I was able to refresh the firmware successfully. However, been trying for the remote control but no luck. If you know a software that will detect the drone, please let me know. I've been checking those old versions from other forums but the software was gone.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Revealer Posted at 3-21 10:33
Hi Tony,
Appreciate your response. Will try your video tutorial once I get the chance. On the other hand, I first downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and installed. But after running it, it did not detect the drone and a prompt appeared stating to upgrade. After upgrading, another Icon showed up with title (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone Series). The consumer drone series detects the drone and I was able to refresh the firmware successfully. However, been trying for the remote control but no luck. If you know a software that will detect the drone, please let me know. I've been checking those old versions from other forums but the software was gone.

Thanks for the update. For the Mavic 2 Pro, we can only try using the DJI Assistant for Mavic and the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). If the remote controller is not being recognized, please check the following:
1. Check if you used the right port;

Video for reference: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#video).
2. Ensure that the remote controller is powered on;
3. Use a different USB cable or USB port on your computer.
2023-3-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Revealer Posted at 3-19 00:10
1. performed

whoops doesn't matter
2023-3-22
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Revealer Posted at 3-21 10:33
Hi Tony,
Appreciate your response. Will try your video tutorial once I get the chance. On the other hand, I first downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and installed. But after running it, it did not detect the drone and a prompt appeared stating to upgrade. After upgrading, another Icon showed up with title (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone Series). The consumer drone series detects the drone and I was able to refresh the firmware successfully. However, been trying for the remote control but no luck. If you know a software that will detect the drone, please let me know. I've been checking those old versions from other forums but the software was gone.

Hi Tony,
I tried the the Combination binding following the instruction in the video but still no luck. My RC screen showing " Connecting" . After doing the Combination binding, nothing happened. Still showing "Connecting". No sound heard whatsoever.

1.  I tried pressing 3 buttons waiting for the sound as instructed prior shutter button but did not hear a sound.
2. Tried 4 buttons, still did not hear a sound.

So sad this gadget is so headache.
2023-3-22
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Revealer Posted at 3-22 19:37
Hi Tony,
I tried the the Combination binding following the instruction in the video but still no luck. My RC screen showing " Connecting" . After doing the Combination binding, nothing happened. Still showing "Connecting". No sound heard whatsoever.

Hi Tony,
Is there any way you can contact DJI Paladin. I saw from his 2018 post for Windows 10, he has a driver of some sort. I have the same issue with another consumer. He has a file that is downloadable but needs his permission. I think that should resolve the issue of not detecting my RC into my PC. My PC will detect the RC by making a sound and 2 seconds later it will make another sound which is disconnecting. DJI Paladin can help this issue. Thank you
2023-3-22
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

It's been 2 weeks and DJI still no concrete solution. Anyone who can help. Done everything provided above. still no luck. I think DJI is hiding software. They want consumers to buy again their unstable product.
2023-3-30
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Revealer Posted at 3-30 19:44
It's been 2 weeks and DJI still no concrete solution. Anyone who can help. Done everything provided above. still no luck. I think DJI is hiding software. They want consumers to buy again their unstable product.

Very Frustrating. DJI tech support or whoever from the company doesn't even know how to resolve the issue. So Weak.
2023-4-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps you should make a video of your attempts to link the controller and drone and ensure that it clearly shows the button/ screen presses that you are making. Then upload that video to youtube etc. and post a link to it in this thread.
2023-4-16
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Revealer Posted at 4-16 07:45
Very Frustrating. DJI tech support or whoever from the company doesn't even know how to resolve the issue. So Weak.

You mean the basic pressing and connecting? would be great to have a video of how to connect cables and pressing a button to waste a time. But I guess you should take a look to a deeper critical perspective. If you can provide me a solution on how you can have your controller get detected by Windows 10, that's Very basic and would be very helpful. DJI should resolve that issue first before going further. Do you have any solution? Do you have that driver I need? Thank you if you do.
2023-4-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Revealer Posted at 4-16 09:50
You mean the basic pressing and connecting? would be great to have a video of how to connect cables and pressing a button to waste a time. But I guess you should take a look to a deeper critical perspective. If you can provide me a solution on how you can have your controller get detected by Windows 10, that's Very basic and would be very helpful. DJI should resolve that issue first before going further. Do you have any solution? Do you have that driver I need? Thank you if you do.

If that is directed at me, you would be surprised how many people think they are correctly following a procedure but in fact are not.
In post #15 you cite pressing 3 and 4 buttons when trying to trigger linking,
"1.  I tried pressing 3 buttons waiting for the sound as instructed prior shutter button but did not hear a sound.
2. Tried 4 buttons, still did not hear a sound."
Why 3?
To my eyes the video, in post #11, makes it pretty clear which and how many buttons, on the controller, need to be pressed. Since you mention pressing 3 buttons how can we be sure you are pressing the correct four buttons on the controller? How are we to know you are even pressing the appropriate button on the drone?
Anyhow, if you think making and posting such a video is a waste of your time then I would regard any further posting in this thread a waste of your time and the respondents.
2023-4-16
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-16 10:18
If that is directed at me, you would be surprised how many people think they are correctly following a procedure but in fact are not.
In post #15 you cite pressing 3 and 4 buttons when trying to trigger linking,
"1.  I tried pressing 3 buttons waiting for the sound as instructed prior shutter button but did not hear a sound.

The video provided is so easy to follow. Pausing it multiple times. Whatever it says, all has been performed. The problem is Windows need to detect the Remote Control. That is the main issue. I need that driver which was provided to someone by DJI Paladin back then to someone that has the same issue as mine. That driver is very important. My device manager is not showing that a RC was connected to PC.
2023-4-16
Use props
Zyrandiel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840410 ft
Philippines

Hello guys. What happened to Revealer just happened to me today.

I have my Maivc 2 Pro bought in 2018. Only use this for aerial mapping and some family gatherings. Last i used this unit was 2 weeks ago for some video capture. the unit is still in very good condition until today.

So before going out, I connected to my home wifi to see if there is an update for my M2Pro, and I see this v01.00.0790 update came up. I did the update (not knowing this would speel DOOM for my beloved M2Pro)

After a successful update I left the house and went to the survey site. opened DJI Go4, and flew my drone about 12 feet.

Exited DJI Go4 and opened DJI+CTRL, once it connected I clicked OPEN PIX4D CAPTURE to start my aerial mapping.

SO everything went well until about 5 minutes or so into the flight.

USB protocol options kept popping up my android phone (the one i used for my flights)

I kept swiping it away then checked if my cable was properly connected, and it was lodge to the type C port of my phone snugly and the RC port too.

These USB protocol prompts stopped after a few seconds and I continued my work noticing that there were no more dots generated in PIX4D CAPTURE app.

Drone icon in my phone still moving along same direction as the drone itself. until it suddenly disconnected.

Tried reconnecting several times by restarting the controller but still werent able.

At this point the flight is already 85% done so I just waited for the drone to come back at Home Point.

It did came back and i tried reconnecting again but to no avail. it is around 12 feet high since that was the height that I originally hovered before doing the survey.

there was nothing I can do so I just let the battery drain until my M2Pro slowly landed on its own before the battery totally depleted.

This all happened several hours ago. I've been following all the guides from DJI and from other people sa as the video guides posted here but no result.

My controller cannot be detected with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. Don't know what's wrong. I tried 5 cables already including the original DJI cable but same result.

Really frustrating to read how much support we are getting. I wish someone could hel out with this. This is part of my livelihood, I wanted to get some more projects using my M2Pro before buying M3E for Aerial Mapping.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_mKWISDfZq1BW
New
Flight distance : 4475 ft

United States

I am having the same issue. I have a Mavic 2 pro. I took my drone to Patagonia for 2 weeks and could not use it one single time. I did not have a laptop or desktop available. I couldn’t connect my controller to the drone. Now that I’m back, have tried it all. Updates to latest version. Fully charged batteries, different cables still drone and controller will not connect. I was able to connect only once after one of several updates. So I turned them off and back on to see if issue was solved but nothing. Back to square one, they won’t connect to each other. What is going on? Do I need a new remote control? Is there a recall for controller?
2023-6-25
Use props
Stevenswiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13 ft

Switzerland

The Mavic Pro 2 doesn’t connect anymore in 2.4ghz. You have to put it in 5.8ghz and then it will connect.
DJI are unfortunately not helping us.
2023-6-26
Use props
Revealer
lvl.2
United States

It's funny until now my drone is not working. Thanks to DJI technical Support. I think they can help me with this inquiry. Hey technical support. Do you have any drone brand recommendation that is a dependable, reliable, and stable unlike DJI? Your respond is greatly appreciated. At least you can help everyone who can read this instead of your failure jobs.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules