1047 5 2015-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new APP loaded up on my Samsung Tab 4 just fine. Haven't flown with it yet, nor connected it to the quad, so perhaps later this after noon I'll have more to say. Busy here right now. Downloaded it right from DJI hope that was wise......
2015-8-21
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Took my Phantom 3 Professional quad for a ride this afternoon, with the new DJI Go App 2.0.2 and had no troubles. Ran perfect. No drop outs, no video issues, even used the VPS to land and it worked perfect. I am a happy camper.
Video was taken over water, in a bay just inside a barrier beach which is up against the Atlantic Ocean. The evening mist or fog was drifting in and  the sun was shining. Some really remarkable 4K video. Not spectacular, but remarkable which is why I am remarking about it.
Any way I have heard others complaining and wonder how fortunate those of us without those troubles are. Just hope people follow the really specific and orderly methodology of how to start up and load up the Quad, the RC, and the tab or phone used for a viewfinder. It is really important to remember - the last thing you do is to connect your phone or Tab to the remote and then start the app.
Any way, I still have a hard time with glare, even though I have a sun shield for the Tab. I wonder if there is a glare sheet that would help over the screen, or some sort of glasses, to cut the glare. I wear dark shirts and stay in the shade, but it is really hard to see detail when the bird in in the air.
Hope everyone sorts out their troubles soon. I am lucky I guess, to have had no troubles with the new firm wear and the new DJIGO app.
2015-8-21
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-8-22 08:53
Took my Phantom 3 Professional quad for a ride this afternoon, with the new DJI Go App 2.0.2 and had ...

Good to know that the App works well.   I used to use a sun shield but was still getting too much glare, so  i purchased and installed a anti-glare plastic cover for the Tablet and that works really well, so well that I don't use the sun shield any more hope that helps.
2015-8-21
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've had 2.0.2 for a couple days now and still have random disconnects.  I was shooting the power company hot changing a pole in  front of my house today when it disconnected.  After trying to reestablish connection without success, I brought it back beside me and landed.  Then I shut everything down and restarted from scratch.  It stayed good through the rest of that battery and the next.  Before starting the first time, I restarted the phone in airplane mode from cold before beginning the process.  And before someone pipes up about safety during the situation, all of the crew knows me and was very interested in having me do this.  Being hot work, I didn't get as close as they would have liked.  I've worked around high voltages most of my life and just don't want to distract them from their work.
2015-8-21
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-8-22 08:53
Took my Phantom 3 Professional quad for a ride this afternoon, with the new DJI Go App 2.0.2 and had ...

Never heard anyone say that you need to plug your phone in last.  So turn on RC, then drone, THEN plug in phone and launch the app (if it doesn't automatically)?
2015-8-21
Use props
arives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-8-22 12:47
Never heard anyone say that you need to plug your phone in last.  So turn on RC, then drone, THEN  ...

Yup that is right. Says so right on the first page of the APP after you select P3P the first time. It shows how to start the process, and the last thing to turn on is the APP after you hook up the cable from the RC.
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules