Avata Not Compatible with Mac
2874 11 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539019 ft
United States

Just got off the phone with customer service and they tell me my brand new AVATA is not compatible with MAC. WTF!!!!!!!!

They say MAC is not compatible with any of their software and downloading their software on the Ap Store won't work because Apple considers the software to be from ann "unknown developer and may contain malware." So, they tell me I can send the AVATA back, send it to DJI to update the firmware or find someone with a PC to do it for me.

Those are some pretty crappy options for a new AVATA.

Anybody else having similar problems and how have you fixed the issue?
2023-3-20
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have had many DJI products and never had an issue using mac I have a Studio Mac and a macbook no issues. Download the Assistant for Mac on DJI'S website. It works every time
2023-3-20
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

Yup tried that but the Apples tells me the software is from an unknown developer and does not give the option to override. I have the most recent version of Mac OS and the laptop is 2019.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap and check it asap.
If you don't mind, you can tell us more details of your problem here, then we can offer you suggestions asap.
Sorry again and thanks for your patience and understanding in advance.
2023-3-20
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-20 17:39
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap and check it asap.
If you don't mind, you can tell us more details of your problem here, then we can offer you suggestions asap.

I have now been informed by DJI tech support that, at the moment,  firmware updates for the Avata are incompatible with Mac, and DJI has known about this from the beginning.

I am disappointed that DJI does not consider Mac users important enough even to make an announcement about this. The only workaround is to find someone with a PC that you can use to update the firmware or send the whole package to DJI to update. This seems to be a pattern with DJI and I an sorry for that.

The irony is that I went with DJI because it was a large polished organization and I was sure I would not have these issues with incompetency in project management. I was wrong. Pretty lame for such a large company.

2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thanks for your detailed information, fans07ca9eae.
Could you please check the below steps to update your Avata again?
[Method 1] Use DJI Fly to update the firmware.
1. Power on the drone, goggles, and remote control device, and ensure all these devices are linked.
2. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to the mobile device, run the app, and update the firmware by following the on-screen prompts. Note that an internet connection is required for firmware update.
[Method 2] Use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) to update the firmware. (https://www.dji.com/avata/downloads)
1. Power on the device. Connect the USB-C port of the device to the computer using the USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and log in to your DJI account.
3. Click the icon of the device, and click the “Firmware Update” option on the left.
4. Select and confirm the firmware version.
5. The firmware will be downloaded and updated automatically.
6. The device will restart automatically after the firmware update is complete.
* For detailed operations, please refer to the user manual or watch the tutorial video on the DJI's official website.

Please avoid the following factors that may cause the update to fail:
1. The battery level of the device is less than 43%.
2. The drone or remote control device is powered off during the update process.
3. The network is disconnected during the update process.
4. If the update frequently fails, or if the drone cannot link to the remote control device, the firmware version of the drone is not in accordance with that of the remote control device. We recommend you update them separately using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
Note: Conditions permitting, replace the network or computer and retry.

If you still meet problems, you can send us a video here, we will check it and do our best to help.
2023-3-21
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-21 01:32
Thanks for your detailed information, fans07ca9eae.
Could you please check the below steps to update your Avata again?
[Method 1] Use DJI Fly to update the firmware.

thank you for the detailed instructions. But, as I mentioned before, I cannot establish a link because, according to the phone and text support people I spoke with, DJI Assistant 2 is not compatible with Mac right now. Until it is, I cannot use your method to download firmware.

My only options according to tech support is to find a PC to do this procedure or send it back to DJI.
2023-3-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans07ca9eae Posted at 3-21 06:58
thank you for the detailed instructions. But, as I mentioned before, I cannot establish a link because, according to the phone and text support people I spoke with, DJI Assistant 2 is not compatible with Mac right now. Until it is, I cannot use your method to download firmware.

My only options according to tech support is to find a PC to do this procedure or send it back to DJI.

Again. It is compatible with Mac. You have to allow it under security settings. look under my Avata at my DJI products I own. All of them I update via Mac.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans07ca9eae Posted at 3-21 06:58

My only options according to tech support is to find a PC to do this procedure or send it back to DJI.

Thanks for your update, fans07ca9eae.
Visual Air is right, you can use your MAC to update your DJI Avata.
You can try our suggestions above, if you meet any problems, you can send us a related video.
Rest assured that we will do our best to help.
Thanks again for your support in advance.
2023-3-21
Use props
fans1ac78c28
New

United States

I'm having similar problems.  I'm trying to update the firmware on my FPV Remote Controller 2.  It will not pair with the Avata and goggles.  I'm told I have to update the firmware.  I've been able to install  DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) on my mac.  Once the box that says it's from an unknown source comes up just click ok then go to the apple Icon ->  System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General, then you can choose to allow it.  However, now I cannot get it to recognize my controller when I connect it and turn it on.  It does nothing!!  I'm on my second night working on this.  I'm about to just trash the controller.
2023-3-21
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Looks like the the latest "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)" installer from February is not signed by DJI's Apple Developer certificate (which they obviously have as their apps are still available on iOS App Store). They should fix this by uploading a new installer that's properly codesigned as they were in the past.

In the meantime as a workaround, instead of double-clicking on installer icon, just right-click on it and then select "open", it will again tell you the same message but will have an additional button "open" in the popup, click that and run the installer. After that everything will function normally.
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 03.34.56.png
2023-3-21
Use props
fans07ca9eae
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, if the techs I spoke with are to be believed, then you will not link it because the Mac downloads are compatible with Mac. WTF!!!! Two different DJI Techs told me this and that DJi knows about it.

So, my solution was to ask a friend with a PC to download the DHJI Assistant 2 to update the software then the link worked,  Otherwise you have to send it in to DJI to update the software.

One would have thought that it would have been worth the effort to test the software before they put it up on the Ap store. Additionally, Mac software does not recognize the software as legitimate so you have to jump through hoops to tell mac to download it any way.
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules