Sport+ mode (faster speed with motion controller)
12Next >
9296 75 2023-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pepa07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310873 ft

Czechia

Hello, DJI team. I apologize in advance for my English.

Would it be possible to unlock sport+ mode on dji avata drone with motion controller? I mean to be able to fly at maximum speed with motion controller. It handles really awesome with it. I think if you show people that they can fly at top speed with an intuitive motion controller, the motion controller will become more marketable and everyone will be happy.

Manual mod is really hard to learn. It's like driving a car with a manual and an automatic transmission. Why would we make people downshift in an automatic transmission versus a manual? After all, in an automatic you have more time to focus on the actual driving and not the shifting. Plus, you can concentrate fully on the driving itself.

At the same time, I think you'd have fewer crashed drones. People would stop thinking that in order to fully utilize the drone, they have to fly with a manual and risk losing the drone unnecessarily. I think a lot of people would be fine with a motion controller with unlocked speed and would be really happy.

I have both a motion controller and an FPV Controller 2 and still find the motion controller much more intuitive and most importantly safer. When everything is made easier these days, it seems silly to me to disable people's top speed with simpler controls. I even think you could set motion controller as a new and simpler standard for FPV flying by doing this. Why not give people a choice. You will gain a really big advantage as a company over other FPV and people will be happier too. It seems like a win win situation for both the company and the customers.

Please consider this and thank you for your response. Sincerely Pepa

2023-3-20
Use props
oblivie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree….. what’s up dji ???
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Pepa. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, you can't use the Motion Controller in Manual Mode. DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 needs to be used with the DJI Avata drone to have access in Manual mode. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-3-20
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

I absolutely agree. I don't expect to do flips and roll with motion controller, but at least to unlock the maximum speed in sport mode.
2023-3-22
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:06
Hi there, Pepa. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, you can't use the Motion Controller in Manual Mode. DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 needs to be used with the DJI Avata drone to have access in Manual mode. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

We don't ask for M mode with motion controller. We ask for more speed in S mode. AVATA's N and S mode are slower than MINI's 2  N and S mode . It should be faster.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alfiosky Posted at 3-22 00:03
I absolutely agree. I don't expect to do flips and roll with motion controller, but at least to unlock the maximum speed in sport mode.

Thanks for your feedback, alfiosky. We have noted it and rest assured that it will be forwarded to our related team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Debugger Posted at 3-22 01:06
We don't ask for M mode with motion controller. We ask for more speed in S mode. AVATA's N and S mode are slower than MINI's 2  N and S mode . It should be faster.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_PwFDe8aZYPzM
lvl.1
Canada

Yes  please  full speed in m sport. people one handed like me and many want it so much cause we are stuck with the motion controller  but big thank you DJI for invented that so cool we can fly again. Rc helico/plane/truck fan here before my accident
2023-3-25
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice if the engineers could do this.  Let's raise the full throttle speed in S mode.
2023-3-26
Use props
Pepa07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310873 ft

Czechia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 20:06

Hello, thank you for considering and forwarding this proposal.
2023-3-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Pepa07 Posted at 3-31 09:52
Hello, thank you for considering and forwarding this proposal.

You are most welcome and thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-4-3
Use props
Snoze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7832014 ft
France

In less than 20 hours you can fly in manual mode... Juste learn and have fun! A motion controller is not comparable with an automatic shifter but more with a Tesla autopilot. And not sure than avata have enough sensor and power to be safe at 80km/h so dont expect an update soon
2023-4-3
Use props
scoble08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PwFDe8aZYPzM Posted at 3-25 16:24
Yes  please  full speed in m sport. people one handed like me and many want it so much cause we are stuck with the motion controller  but big thank you DJI for invented that so cool we can fly again. Rc helico/plane/truck fan here before my accident

I too would like to be able to fly "manual mode" speed with the Motion Controller!  The MC has been a great for me because I have a serious case of essential tremors in my left hand that make using Joysticks almost impossible!  I can fly really well and safely with my right hand and the MC.  

I've ordered the MC 2!  Can't wait to be able to have more control!!

C'mon DJI
2023-4-3
Use props
kikivoinea
lvl.2
Romania

+1 For speed !
2023-4-3
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

I agree…..
2023-4-5
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

YES, please unlock the speed for the MC. I do not need the other manual features. Just unlock the speed. That should be easy to do . . . .
2023-4-5
Use props
Cankepou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631371 ft
Switzerland

+1, pouvoir régler la vitesse en mode sport jusqu'au max des capacités du DJI Avata....
2023-4-12
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

+1, especially with the MC2
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_m5pcr2HiGKqa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4032 ft
United Kingdom

I agree. We need a speed boost for the Avata using the motion controller.. even if not full speed, maybe 45mph in S mode. Currently my mini 2 is faster.. !
2023-4-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

+1 too for speed option as EXP.
2023-4-20
Use props
fansbe06c899
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181234 ft

United States

oblivie Posted at 3-20 13:20
I agree….. what’s up dji ???

Motion controller needs to have unlocked manual mode speed. It's ridiculous I need to get another controller for it. Double ridiculous that I can't use my rc controller for manual mode too. Upselling is fine if there is a purpose, this is bad all around.
2023-5-5
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

I'm pretty sure they not unlock full speed because if they do, you could just get the Tumble error on Motion controller too and there would be much more crashed defect Drones

I think the more important point is that you can't react with the motion controller as good as with the controller and we still talk about a automatic system with too low diminsioned motors, if you learn to fly with the FPV 2 you will see what I mean. It's just the Road to get there that is harder as with motion.

Better compare it to something like an automatic distance regulation on a Car, old bad systems also limited you to lets say 130KMH and in "manual" you could go full speed because of system limitations.

2023-5-5
Use props
fansb326352c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291864 ft
Netherlands

I agree too.. If even the Mini Series are flying faster.. not how it s supposed to be..
2023-5-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

is that not fast enough for the mc2?  can anyone else do this with their mc2?  i cannot yet; i have a long way to go.

2023-5-7
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

JoPro rips!!
2023-5-8
Use props
Sp3cu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1077917 ft
Poland

Adding at least 10mph would be awesome...
2023-5-9
Use props
amirpro
lvl.2

Israel

I hope they will unlock the full 97 kmh speed but I believe it is a matter of question if the stabilizer and breaks can work reliable at that max speed, because these are the motion controller's fundamentals
2023-5-9
Use props
Redrob1
lvl.1
United States

The Mavic 3 and mini 3 will both out run the Avata with the mc2. Seems like a drone (Avata) more sport oriented would be able to out run a photography drone.
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1733212 ft
Morocco

Absolutely that’s our first concern about avata motion controller, we need full speed with motion control asap
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
United States

My Mini shouldn't be faster in sport mode.... Fix this DJI
2023-5-30
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-24 05:57
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Thank you for your understanding and support.

How do we stay with this reasonable request????
The designated RD team received the suggestion from you?

Did you get a feedback from the designated RD Team ?
Regards.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-6 03:51
How do we stay with this reasonable request????
The designated RD team received the suggestion from you?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We haven't received any information regarding the said request. For the latest news and updates, you may visit our website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-8
Use props
Eveson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21201 ft
Denmark

Come on DJI... let the customer decide how fast thay wanna go, and give us the choise to put the speed in settings as we feel we can handle.
i dont see why this is not std, and yes i understand by using a controller u might get more controll due to both having a left and right stik, but i must say, that after trying out the motion controller 2, im sold on that part! and i hope u get a developed version out with unluck to manual mode with motion controller but with some sort of help to it.
it would make so much sense. but for now, give us full speed! or il have to sell the drone ageind, and go custom. its simply to less speed with the MC2 and since i live in EU i can't even buy the the Controller with sticks, since its completly sold out...
2023-6-8
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eveson Posted at 6-8 06:53
Come on DJI... let the customer decide how fast thay wanna go, and give us the choise to put the speed in settings as we feel we can handle.
i dont see why this is not std, and yes i understand by using a controller u might get more controll due to both having a left and right stik, but i must say, that after trying out the motion controller 2, im sold on that part! and i hope u get a developed version out with unluck to manual mode with motion controller but with some sort of help to it.
it would make so much sense. but for now, give us full speed! or il have to sell the drone ageind, and go custom. its simply to less speed with the MC2 and since i live in EU i can't even buy the the Controller with sticks, since its completly sold out...

first of all, i agree with you on the mc2.  once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad at all.  in fact, i'm finding that i use it for 2 batteries and the rc2 for 3 or 4 batteries...per outing.  second, if the avata were to reach 60mph in sport mode, i fear we may have more people end up crashing, don't you think?  unlike the fpv, the avata is made for tight spaces, low to the ground.  i'm not an expert and i find 30mph to be pushing it.  does the avata even have cruise control?
2023-6-8
Use props
EiraSYS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2560784 ft
Portugal

Learned M Mode first in DJI FPV and still evolving it with Avata after being able to control DJI FPV in S Mode. DJI FPV is quite faster than Avata and it responds to controls quicker, it is very sensitive, also more exposed to crash destruction. M Mode deserves some learn investment and then you realize it is fun to use. For example you must control the drone depending of the wind direction, then you feel what is really happening to the drone flight. Motion controller hides all those details because of GPS and flight control, yes it is safer, but it is not as fun as Manual Mode. For work, like photo, movies or inspection the new Motion Controller 2 is excellent. By the way, it should work with DJI FPV but it doesn't...
That is why I defend a new mode for the Motion Controller (1 and 2), the M or A Mode - Manual Acrobatic Mode, then you can do everything but in an intuitive way, from extreme speed to dives, rolls and loops, all is possible including crashing with violence...Check this thread for more details:
New to M Mode Flight. Acrobatic A Mode of the Motion Controller?

Hope DJI engineers take this into account!
2023-6-8
Use props
DON-FPV
lvl.1

Philippines

I feel like we should be able to fly at the advertised speeds. Avata is designed for FPV beginners so it's easy for people to mistakenly think that it can go 97kp/h out of the box. If that's not even possible with the included controller, I feel like we should have been given the option to buy it with the FPV RC2 and not force everyone to buy it with the Motion Controller. To be fair, I have the motion 2 and it's so easy and fun to use but the speed after a few flights is very limiting. 50kph get's boring quick. Once you do chase shots, and find out that you can't even chase a cyclist with your FPV drone, that sucks.
2023-8-1
Use props
mathshenry
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-8 01:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We haven't received any information regarding the said request. For the latest news and updates, you may visit our website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi, I just bought a new Avata with the motion controller 2 and I want to be able to use its full speed on the MC too. Do we have a tracker to follow up on the community request?
I know we can see what is coming up on the website, but as this is a community request, we should be able to follow up on the discussion/implementation to know what status it is at.
Best.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mathshenry Posted at 8-1 12:57
Hi, I just bought a new Avata with the motion controller 2 and I want to be able to use its full speed on the MC too. Do we have a tracker to follow up on the community request?
I know we can see what is coming up on the website, but as this is a community request, we should be able to follow up on the discussion/implementation to know what status it is at.
Best.

Hello, mathshenry. Thank you for joining this thread. We will surely coordinate this request of yours to our relevant team for attention. Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-4
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I personally think DJi should not create a sport+ mode with the motion controller, due to all the sensors that work with N + S today would then be switched off in a new S+ mode. The sensors that keep it stable will not work with the speeds you get in M mode. And that for me would be dangerous when people aren't ready to handle any type of S+ M modes. Its been built like that for a reason.

There are steps a new FPV pilot needs to get use to before attempting M mode. or speeds that are like M mode.

This is only my opinion, but i think DJI have got this right on this occasion. they don't want to create additional noise on social media, with potentially an increase in crashed avata and they don't want people going beyond there capability either.  It will be interesting to hear DJI response from the design team but that will probably never happen. I do wish DJI would do a you tube live where the community could ask questions on certain topic and really engage with their community.

Just my thoughts,
2023-8-4
Use props
DarksysDesign
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

Cauffy Posted at 8-4 03:07
Hi All,

I personally think DJi should not create a sport+ mode with the motion controller, due to all the sensors that work with N + S today would then be switched off in a new S+ mode. The sensors that keep it stable will not work with the speeds you get in M mode. And that for me would be dangerous when people aren't ready to handle any type of S+ M modes. Its been built like that for a reason.

But why not give the us option?  Then DJI have to unlock the S+ mode with a lot of information that it's not for beginners, own risk etc. But it can't be that my Mini 3 Pro flies faster than my FPV drone. FPV lives from speed.

An option in which I can set how fast the drone flies in which mode would be enough for me. Let's leave the N Mode it like that. But in S Mode I would like to at least have the option to fly between max. 50 - e.g. 80 km/h.

What should I do with an FPV drone with which I can't even track a car properly.

And no, I just don't would use the M mode at the moment, because the Simulator app is not working and in the EU all Controllers Sold out. I think many users just want the speed. And that's where Avata currently fails. I'm really considering sending them back. So I can not work with the Avata.
2023-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules