o3 Air Unit Range Problem
4826 12 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Man0s
lvl.2

Greece

Hello everyone ,
I have the o3 Air unit for about one month.
All this time I’m trying to get at least the same range performance I had with the old air unit but I can’t . I tried the original antenna and all the other I had but the problem is the same.
I made a direct comparison with the old air unit , using the same antennas , same area ,same altitude , same day , LOS , around 2km distance and same orientation of the quad at that distance .
The old air unit was at 700mw power output and the bitrate was 30-35 Mbps
The o3 was 19-26 Mbps . I tried all 3 channels (40 Mhz bandwith) and Auto .
And It supposed that it has 2w output power.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

In order to check the connectivity of the non stock antennas , I discoverеd  something strange.

o3

o3

As you can see in the photo , there are two connectors.
I checked  them with a multi-meter. The signal center pin of the right one, has no conductivity with ground.
The signal center pin of the left one, seems like short-circuits with the ground. There is a resistance around 0,2 Ohms .

Is this normal ?

Thanks in advance

2023-3-21
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Just tried on a brand new O3 Air Unit and ANT0 (left one in your pic) makes my multimeter beep in continuity mode between center pin and ground, just like yours. I don't feel like taking another one apart to try at the moment, might try later.
2023-3-22
Use props
Man0s
lvl.2

Greece

Thanks a lot .You don't  need to do this in another one .
I don't think that this is a coincidence.

2023-3-22
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Man0s Posted at 3-22 02:22
Thanks a lot .You don't  need to do this in another one .
I don't think that this is a coincidence.

I’ve asked on Discord and so far out of 1 person that also checked, 100% of us have the same result. So yeah I’d assume for now that this is a normal behaviour even if it seems weird at first.
2023-3-22
Use props
fans4ced8df4
New

United Kingdom

Did you fix signal issue I got similar problem. When I arm it kick 50mbps, if I fly in open farm field in forward direction(in sight) about 600m away my signal drastically drops to almost 0. Altitude around 10m. If I fly 100m altitude I can do 1.3 km or so and same happens. Signal drops very fast. I finding out its dangerous as if I won't keep eye on  mbps i can loose video within 2 seconds.  That's iflight evoque v2 o3.  lt had 2x iflight lhcp  antennas, I change to dji genuine antenna. Goggles v2. Tried standart antennas,  then swapped to truerc dual band stubbs 2.4 and 5.8ghz. Channel=auto.
2023-5-8
Use props
Man0s
lvl.2

Greece

fans4ced8df4 Posted at 5-8 03:41
Did you fix signal issue I got similar problem. When I arm it kick 50mbps, if I fly in open farm field in forward direction(in sight) about 600m away my signal drastically drops to almost 0. Altitude around 10m. If I fly 100m altitude I can do 1.3 km or so and same happens. Signal drops very fast. I finding out its dangerous as if I won't keep eye on  mbps i can loose video within 2 seconds.  That's iflight evoque v2 o3.  lt had 2x iflight lhcp  antennas, I change to dji genuine antenna. Goggles v2. Tried standart antennas,  then swapped to truerc dual band stubbs 2.4 and 5.8ghz. Channel=auto.

My problem was with the numbers , not the image .
With the old air unit I had higher Mbps than the o3 with the stock antennas  on Goggles V2.
To tell you the truth , with DIY LHCP cloverleaf on board and DIY LHCP helical on V2 , I went  15 Km from home and the bit-rate was above 10 Mbps

Maybe mine was not a problem at all and thats the way it was supposed to be .
But yours is , if you are in FCC mode.
By the way , stock o3 antennas are linear polarized.
You said that you try different antennas with no improvement.
What else can you do ?  
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_0bS8y05fKnHw
New

Germany

Same here and many others have it too. Signal drops at about 1km at 100m altitude. New o3 air unit in a BOB57 and Goggles V2 with stock antennas in fcc mode. Before with the old air unit in the DJI fpv Racer I could go more than 4km without any signal drops.
Did anybody solve the problem?
2023-8-15
Use props
djiuser_6b3Y6QvtUdUI
New

Austria

Same drone, same goggles, same problem. Did you find a solution?
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_6b3Y6QvtUdUI
New

Austria

Same drone, same goggles, same problem. Did you find a solution?
2023-9-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just a quick question. Have you ever powered up the air unit like for a FW update without the antennas attached?
2023-10-3
Use props
X4Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 606831 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

same thing here, loosing a lot mbps at 500m , weird :| O3 + Original antenna + Integra :|
Anyone fixed it?
does the heal lower output power???
2023-10-3
Use props
ascend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255344 ft
United States

Same problem.  I fly behind my house while sitting on the other side.  At the end of the yard, the mbps drops to 2, and 1, and then I start losing video.
I've added ham_cfg_support file and rebooted both the goggles and the O3.  That gave me a little higher signal, but it will die really quickly, without warning.
I fly drones here regularly (5 others, actually) and I've never seen this much drop off.
DJI - any suggestions?  (Also, I have the latest firmware on all devices).
2023-10-7
Use props
Il Messia
lvl.1

Italy

Hi guys, I have the same problem... Did you solve it?
1-15 12:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules