Manual lenses can’t focus on Faces on Latest Firmware
1253 6 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeak
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have an issue where Manual lenses won't focus on the latest firmware (DL lenses are fine)
The issue only occurs when faces are detected in the scene in AMF (either wide or smart). As soon as the ronin detects a face is backfocuses somewhere behind the subject. LiDAR and lens are calibrated properly (autofocus is perfect when the camera can't detect a face in the scene). If - for instance - i shoot a shot panning up from someone's torso to their face, as soon as the ronin detects the face in the scene the focus goes from perfect, to backfocused behind the subject. Panning back down it will then refocus correctly on their torso as soon as the face is no longer detected in the scene.

I know a few other users who are having the same issue, but wondering how widespread it is?

As an aside, DJI support has been more than useless and keep insisting I check the LiDAR calibration (despite sending video of the above). I've actually given up on them fixing, have rolled back to the August firmware (which still works fine), and returned my 4d Flex.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We managed to find your case number through your registered email address on Forum. We will first review your case and then confirm with our teams.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers would like to know what Mount and Lens you are using. Would you please help?
2023-3-22
Use props
jeak
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have both l and e mounts.

The issue is clearly a software issue. It only happens when a face is detected. It acts normally when no face is present in the scene.
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jeak Posted at 3-22 07:37
I have both l and e mounts.

The issue is clearly a software issue. It only happens when a face is detected. It acts normally when no face is present in the scene.

Sorry for the late response. We can not receive notifications unless you reply to our thread directly. We would like to know the exact model of your lens and camera. Please tell us more information as possible. Our engineers are investigating this issue. Your support will be very useful for us.
2023-3-30
Use props
MarshallZhang
New

United States

Hi, did the newest firmware update fix your issue? Thanks in advance.
2023-5-16
Use props
djiuser_e9XdJrUTLCKw
New

South Korea

MarshallZhang Posted at 5-16 23:15
Hi, did the newest firmware update fix your issue? Thanks in advance.

혹시 해결되었나요? 해결이 되었다면 방법을 공유해줄 수 있나요?
2023-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules