Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hogo Posted at 3-28 04:43
I had the same focus issue as many of you guy, but I looked over the net and found a tutorial made by a german guy and did the same as he reccomended and now my focus camera is like I never see at any Gopro cameras (and I had some). Mainly the focus is given by the bad position of lens...all I did was to unscrue the lens a couple of mm as that guy did and that's it!

Yes he do explain it very well with good examples, and he is also here on this forum
2023-3-28
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

when I get the chance we'll   get the original  video out
2023-3-28
Use props
skysailor64
lvl.4
United States

I just received a replacement camera from DJI via Care Refresh (there was one remaining replacement available for this camera which I purchased via eBay so I decided to make use of it for $29). The one I received is a 01/2023 version and although I think it looks better than all the others I have received (5 others) it's still out of focus in terms of the close 30-50 cm distance.  I have decided I will adjust the lens for the subject important to me and mark it for close and distant settings.  It's quite easy after making the first adjustment by running the heat up by recording @ 4K120fps until it reports overheating and releasing the lens by twisting back and forth (I use an appropriately sized what is called an Adel clamp which has a rubber protector on it so it does not mar the lens).  After that the lens is snug but remains easily adjusted.  The turning range required from the delivered setting seems to be somewhere between 1 o'clock and 5 o'clock and more likely between 2 O'clock and 4 O'clock.  It's trial and error but after a while you will see where you need to be for the video you are wanting to make. Best to mark the lens edge and a stationary point so you can tell if you are moving the lens and to determine how far you have moved it.
2023-4-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

wish the best of luck   enjoy the cam
2023-4-11
Use props
MartinBG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282044 ft
Bulgaria

Like others, I had to adjust the focus on my action camera manually. I used a metal pipe clamp that I modified to fit the lens by cutting off the bolt and forming the rest into a ring. I wrapped it with duct tape for better grip and to protect the lens from the metal. The process turned out to be easier than expected once I had the right tool prepared. To adjust the focus, I held the ring with a piece of cloth and twisted it. There was no need to run the camera until it overheated - I just removed the black rubber seal and placed the ring. I turned the lens counterclockwise by about 30 degrees (from 6:00 to about 5:00 on the clock scale), and now I have perfect close-range focus without any significant distortion in long ranges (at least for those that matter to me: 5-50m). For example, a car registration label 15 meters away is in perfect focus. Before the adjustment, the focus was stated to "meet factory standards," but the improvement is like night and day.
Screenshot from 2023-04-14 18-52-44.png
2023-4-14
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Just tested my cam yesterday, up against my best actions cams. And yes, 30cm can look a bit blurry, but so do every other action cam i have.
But at 50cm it look sharp. dynamic range looks good. in auto mode.
Remember, it is a action cam. It's purpus is to catch stuff happening fast. And keep doin it. It do that 100%.
Thats why i use osmo action.
Pure image, don't use action cams
This is 100% the only true action cam 2023
2023-4-14
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

MartinBG Posted at 4-14 07:44
Like others, I had to adjust the focus on my action camera manually. I used a metal pipe clamp that I modified to fit the lens by cutting off the bolt and forming the rest into a ring. I wrapped it with duct tape for better grip and to protect the lens from the metal. The process turned out to be easier than expected once I had the right tool prepared. To adjust the focus, I held the ring with a piece of cloth and twisted it. There was no need to run the camera until it overheated - I just removed the black rubber seal and placed the ring. I turned the lens counterclockwise by about 30 degrees (from 6:00 to about 5:00 on the clock scale), and now I have perfect close-range focus without any significant distortion in long ranges (at least for those that matter to me: 5-50m). For example, a car registration label 15 meters away is in perfect focus. Before the adjustment, the focus was stated to "meet factory standards," but the improvement is like night and day.

Looks good!
2023-4-14
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

MartinBG Posted at 4-14 07:44
Like others, I had to adjust the focus on my action camera manually. I used a metal pipe clamp that I modified to fit the lens by cutting off the bolt and forming the rest into a ring. I wrapped it with duct tape for better grip and to protect the lens from the metal. The process turned out to be easier than expected once I had the right tool prepared. To adjust the focus, I held the ring with a piece of cloth and twisted it. There was no need to run the camera until it overheated - I just removed the black rubber seal and placed the ring. I turned the lens counterclockwise by about 30 degrees (from 6:00 to about 5:00 on the clock scale), and now I have perfect close-range focus without any significant distortion in long ranges (at least for those that matter to me: 5-50m). For example, a car registration label 15 meters away is in perfect focus. Before the adjustment, the focus was stated to "meet factory standards," but the improvement is like night and day.

Well done.
Miy cam looks more like the right (adjusted) one than the left one at 30cm. Not quite as sharp as the adjusted lens, but a lot sharper than yours unadjusted.
Maybe someday I try the adjustment myself, but for now, I am quite (enough) satisfied. And live with some slight blurriness when I seldomly rush though the picture too close (or the picture rushes past me). Most people will not notice that for the few frames in my usecase. ;)
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules