Can DJI Terra Import LAS files from other sources?
1645 3 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bcamp16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52799 ft
United States

I am testing out DJI Terra currently and was hoping to be able to use point clouds for Detail Inspection mission planning. I will not import the las files I have tried which did not come from an L1. I get the error "Unknown file format conversion error". The data is all georeferenced.

Will DJI Terra only import LAS files created from the L1 inside Terra?
2023-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Because in the case of LiDAR, Terra is only dedicated to DJI L1 point cloud reconstruction. It does not allow in any way to classify, filter... There is a minimal toolbox, nothing serious, with a ruler and an annotation function.

It is imperative to have professional processing software in addition. Terrasolid, GlobalMapper pro, Agisoft Metashape... Without it, your LiDAR L1 is just useless, at least equivalent to doing photogrammetry with a Mavic and Terra.

You can also try your luck with CloudCompare, it's free.
2023-3-21
Use props
Bcamp16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52799 ft
United States

Thanks for the reply. Let me clear up what I am trying to do.

The only reason I want to import lidar data from another source is to help with detailed inspection routes.

As far as processing, we do not own an L1 as we use LiDARUSA Reigl Vux system along with other terrestrial scanning equipment. I use and have access to tons of different processing software from Bentley to Autodesk and more.

I am just trying to test out different flight planning software to aid in creating reality models of different types of infrastructure. I just realized that the P1 is not even an option to use with the M300, so honestly this is a mute point.
2023-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

For flight planning, the best software i found is UGCS. Especially for LiDAR. Forget about Terra.
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules