Nokia G21 issues with DJI fly app, not connecting to the remote
395 10 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

Hello,
I have the Mavic air 2, I have flown it a few times. I use a Nokia G21 phone and I flew it without any issues in January. The past 2 weeks when I connect my phone to the remote the DJI fly app says the remote is not connected to the phone. I thought it was my Type C cable so I have tried 6 other cables and still the same issue is there. I tried a friends phone which uses the type A cable and it had no issues. I also downloaded the app again but still the same issue continues. How can I fix this issue?
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, MartinMK.
For your problem, could you please try the following steps again and keep us updated?
1. Restart the remote controller. Please restart/reinstall the App (Ensure the latest App version is used). Unplug and reinsert the cable.
2. Please turn on the USB debugging and select the charging-only mode.
3. Check whether the copper sheets in the Type-C port of the remote controller are warped. If so, please send back the product for repair. (You can refer to the photo below)
4. Verify the reversibility of the Type-c port insertion and check whether the wire is abnormal:
As for Type-C to Type-C adapter cable of the remote controller: Try to plug one end of the cable with the remote icon into the mobile phone, and another side to the remote controller. Plug the port with the same direction as the storage (can be stored), and plug upside down for further try (cannot be stored).

2023-3-21
Use props
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

Hello,
The ports are in great working condition.
I have tried the USB debugging but still the same results. I have tried downloading the app again but still the same results.
Please help me with more solutions.
2023-3-26
Use props
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

Hello,
I have tried the USB debugging but still the same results. I have tried downloading the app again but still the same results.
Please help me with more solutions.
2023-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MartinMK Posted at 3-26 11:35
Hello,

We are sorry to know about this. May I ask what's the model of your friend's phone? If possible, it's recommended you test with another Android phone to see if it works. Please also note to remove your phone case to ensure the connection is good.
2023-3-27
Use props
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

My friends phone model is an Asus Zenfone M1 and a Oppo 3s and they all work great. My Nokia G21 used to work great, it just suddenly stopped. Could it be the firmware update I did?
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MartinMK Posted at 3-27 04:24
My friends phone model is an Asus Zenfone M1 and a Oppo 3s and they all work great. My Nokia G21 used to work great, it just suddenly stopped. Could it be the firmware update I did?

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If other Andriod devices can connect to the remote controller, then the remote controller works normally.
May we know if your phone detects the remote controller when it connects to it?
I mean, does it charge your phone or pop up any notifications?
2023-3-28
Use props
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-28 01:05
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If other Andriod devices can connect to the remote controller, then the remote controller works normally.
May we know if your phone detects the remote controller when it connects to it?
I mean, does it charge your phone or pop up any notifications?

Yes it does, when I connect my phone to the remote it starts charging but the DJI app is not activated in any way.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MartinMK Posted at 3-28 11:54
Yes it does, when I connect my phone to the remote it starts charging but the DJI app is not activated in any way.

We will recommend you use compatible mobile devices currently. Your device is not on our compatible list so we can not guarantee its performance.
2023-3-29
Use props
MartinMK
lvl.1

Kenya

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-29 04:53
We will recommend you use compatible mobile devices currently. Your device is not on our compatible list so we can not guarantee its performance.

Ok why are some made compatible and some are not? It meets all the parameter's. 64GB and all so why is it not made compatible. Is it not easier to make all 64GB phones compatible instead of just making a few compatible?
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MartinMK Posted at 3-29 11:35
Ok why are some made compatible and some are not? It meets all the parameter's. 64GB and all so why is it not made compatible. Is it not easier to make all 64GB phones compatible instead of just making a few compatible?

Hope you understand that we can't test all the models on the market, therefore, we are unable to guarantee compatibility. But we will forward your feedback to the relevant team. Support for additional devices is available as testing and development continue.
2023-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules