What's a high charge count?
983 4 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

I have 4 batteries for the A2s, the charge count ranges from one at 46, two at 62 and one more at 67. None of them get me anywhere near 31 minutes. Do I just need to wait for summer with its warmer weather? What should I be expecting from these? Should I buy a couple new ones? I'm not really sure what to do.
Thanks!
2023-3-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

That count is on the low end of mid in my opinion.

I have batteries that are sitting at 90 and 95 charges and they are still fine. Of course, because of my elevation, I'll never see any more than about 21 minutes of flight time on a good day.
2023-3-21
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-21 18:00
That count is on the low end of mid in my opinion.

I have batteries that are sitting at 90 and 95 charges and they are still fine. Of course, because of my elevation, I'll never see any more than about 21 minutes of flight time on a good day.

Thank you, I'll wait for warmer weather before I reassess buying more batteries, maybe that's all it is.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We apologize for the inconvenience. The maximum flight time of 31 minutes claimed on the DJI official website is measured when the aircraft is flying at 5.4 m/s in windless conditions (25°C) from taking off with a full battery level to the time when the aircraft triggers a low battery warning and automatically lands on the ground. However, during the actual flight, due to environmental limitations (temperature, wind power, and air pressure), aircraft speed, and other factors, the maximum flight time may be decreased to different levels.

Reason for environmental factors affecting the maximum flight time:

Temperature: In a low-temperature environment, the battery’s discharging performance becomes weaker, which will shorten the maximum flight time. A high-temperature environment will affect the cell endurance. When the aircraft is used frequently in a high-temperature environment, the maximum flight time will be affected, and the cell is likely to be damaged.

Wind power: In a windy environment, the aircraft needs to increase the power for wind resistance. As such, the motor output power is increased, the load current is increased, and the battery level consumption is increased.

Air pressure: (The air pressure in the test environment is similar to the air pressure value at sea level.) The air pressure is low in the high altitude area, and thin air causes higher motor load and load current, which results in greater power consumption.
2023-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its rare to get anywhere near the advertised flight times,  if you really want to know how these batteries are holding up then upload a log file to a free airdata account and it will tell you how much of the original charge the batteries are holding.  I have some at 200+ charges that hold 85% of the original charge.
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules