Gimbal tilt range out of spec
335 1 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MsqurnR7VUyH
lvl.1

United States

I crashed due to an uncontrolled flight persumably due to interference and was informed of a Gimbal Overload on powering the Mini 3 up. Upon powering it down and subsequent inspection, I found one of the gimbal arms was proturding out of its socket. I gently reinserted it back inside and performed a successful calibartion.  Several flights later, another uncontrolled flight resulted in a Stuck Gimbal. Powering down and inspecting the gimbal, it was found one arm of the gimbal to be off center within its socket. I manually repositioned it and powered the aircraft up, performing a sucessful gimbal calibartion. The next flight I noticed I was not able to tilt the gimbal past 28 degrees where by spec it should be able to adjust to 60 degrees. This prompted me to closely watch the self check during power up. The gimbal appeared to go through its full range of motion during the self-check, but still was not allowing full range of motion using the controller.

The question: Is indeed the tilt adjustable to 60 degrees using the controller? If passing automatic calibration and still only getting a maximum of 24-28 degrees of gimbal tilt, is there a way to adjust the gimbal to its full 60 degree of motion using the manual calibration mode -which I have not been able to figure out. Or should I send it the aircraft in for repair? I suspect the later, but even if all this does is get a handle on what and how Manual Calibration is supposed to work - it is worth the effort.

2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened on your unit. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules