Editing the names of flight logs on an Android phone, question.
839 4 2023-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a mixture of fly apps on various phones ranging from 1.1.something to 1.9.something.
Normally I am not permitted to edit, via Windows, the names of the .txt flight logs that are ON THE PHONES.

I do not know for certain if this applies to just one of the storage places or both.

However I can, via Windows, edit the names of the DAT's that are on the phone.

However I just uploaded all my pre App ver 1.2.4 fly app logs ( all have had their names changed in some way whilst they were on computer) to a phone running 1.1.6.

I wanted to see what the totals are like.

I have just happened to notice that I can edit the names of these logs that are now ON THE PHONE via a USB connection to a computer running Windows.

At a separate time and probably with a different phone, I noticed that I can edit the names of 'untouched' .txt flight logs on that phone whilst that phone was connected to either a Linux box or perhaps a Macbook, ( I doubt the Macbook thing but....).

I am curious, is this a ''permissions'' thing in the Fly app?

2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Sean-bumble-bee. Thank you for reaching out. Users can rename the flight record .txt files on their mobile device. There is no option on DJI Fly to set whether you can rename or not, and it usually does. Hope this answers your question. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-23 03:45
Hi, Sean-bumble-bee. Thank you for reaching out. Users can rename the flight record .txt files on their mobile device. There is no option on DJI Fly to set whether you can rename or not, and it usually does. Hope this answers your question. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks, but do you, by any chance, mean that the user can rename logs that are on their phone using the phone itself ...... rather than via a USB connection to a computer and the computer's operating system?I haven't tried that.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-23 03:52
Thanks, but do you, by any chance, mean that the user can rename logs that are on their phone using the phone itself ...... rather than via a USB connection to a computer and the computer's operating system?I haven't tried that.

Hi, Sean-bumble-bee. Sorry for the late reply as I need to confirm it with our relevant team. Yes, users can rename the logs that are on their phone using the phone itself. The user needs to enter the folder of the flight record and find the relevant txt file and rename it.
2023-3-26
Use props
EvanOneal
lvl.1

Germany

It is possible that the ability to edit file names on a phone through a USB connection is related to file permissions set by the Fly app. File permissions can control whether a user can read, write, or execute a file.

It is also possible that the ability to edit file names on a phone is related to the operating system running on the computer that is connected to the phone. For example, some operating systems may have different file permissions and file system support that can affect the ability to rename files.
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules