Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mini 3 Pro - Course Lock or Waypoints with video
735 7 2023-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kabi
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,
I really love the Mini 3 pro but as I'm doing a lot of solo tours on my motorbike I'm missing course lock big time.

I used this a lot on my Mavic 2 pro to shoot the drone in the sky, point it somewhere, set a speed and let it fly. Sometimes with camera facing in flight direction, somemtimes oriented sideways to do sort of a dolly shot. I would then take off on my bike, ride through the scene and stop a few minutes later to end the shot.

The beauty of this is that I don't have worry with the drone controls when riding the bike as the drone flies forward autonomously. Of course that could be don with waypoints to - if it did support video and not only hyperlape. I would be happy with waypoints-video but if I could chose I'd take course lock as in my scenario I don't really care much where the endpoint is and with course lock I don't have to fly the entire scene first to define the waypoints - saving time and battery.

Has anyone got an idea if above can be done with the current Mini3pro already with ease?

Thanks!

kai
2023-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can get a cheap accessory that will hold the stick in a set position like this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004716560464.html
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Waypoints and Course lock is only available using Hyperlapse mode on your DJI Mini 3 Pro. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-23
Use props
djiuser_eSzstORZ8IJx
New
Flight distance : 71709 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-23 18:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the Waypoints and Course lock is only available using Hyperlapse mode on your DJI Mini 3 Pro. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

Any update on if waypoints will be added to the video feature? I am greatly interested in this functionality as the waypoint feature under hyper lapse does not fit my needs.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_eSzstORZ8IJx Posted at 3-25 08:57
Any update on if waypoints will be added to the video feature? I am greatly interested in this functionality as the waypoint feature under hyper lapse does not fit my needs.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding this said request. You may check DJI's official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-28
Use props
StrangerFings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76010 ft
United States

I would like to provide a supporting opinion for the OP, am slightly disappointed this feature is not already implemented in a drone I just spent over $1k on with the fly more package... There needs to be a waypoint and course lock feature for video and 48mp stills to make this drone usable for solo photographers, I appreciate tripod mode addition, but my girlfriend cant drive stick shift when I'm off road, and she cant fly a drone either, making it difficult now to justify owning a Mini 3 Pro. It seems every day that this is an entry level drone with little to differ it from the standard Mini 3. I'm hoping this feedback is well heard and gets to the right people for consideration.
2023-3-30
Use props
RichH208
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222490 ft
United States

An additional suggestion for waypoints for shooting video would be to save the waypoints for later use.

I would love to be able to set waypoints, and additional settings like flight speed, camera angle, etc, and then come back later to film the exact same shot.

One video is made during the day and the same video is shot at night, for example. One video created during the winter, then another video created during the summer.
2023-5-20
Use props
Nagamichisan
lvl.2

Germany

+1

The way via another app would not be really nice. Why can't this be integrated into DJI Fly?
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules