DJI Mavic Mini Height Sensors
1799 8 2023-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samanthamasih
New
United States

Hello,
Is there any way to change or disable the minium flight height? The sensors keep sending my drone higher and it won't let me go to a certain altitude before lands the drone. I know there are ways to disable it on other versions of the drone that are known but am unsure about this drone specifically. Covering one or both sensors does not work, I am looking for a different solution to this problem that will still provide me with the same flight stability.

Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is no way to disable the downward sensors on any DJI drone that uses the DJI Fly app.
2023-3-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look, from 4:32,  at

NOTE if you are flying indoors ( GPS presumed to be not suficient ) this will likely result in the Mavic Mini switching to ATTI mode, where the drone will neither brake nor hold position and YOU will be responsible for ALL control of horizontal movement.
I wouldn't recommend that if you are a new pilot.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to disable the Downward Vision Sensor of the DJI Mavic Mini via the DJI Fly application for safety purposes. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-23
Use props
samanthamasih
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-23 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we do not have the option to disable the Downward Vision Sensor of the DJI Mavic Mini via the DJI Fly application for safety purposes. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for responding! Is there anyway to change the minimum altitude from the ground from .5 meters to like 0.127 meters because that's about the clearance needed for my maneuvers.
2023-3-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

samanthamasih Posted at 3-24 08:40
Thank you for responding! Is there anyway to change the minimum altitude from the ground from .5 meters to like 0.127 meters because that's about the clearance needed for my maneuvers.

We appreciate your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-3-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

samanthamasih Posted at 3-24 08:40

Hi Samanthamasih,

Love to see that video, your very precise flying at 0.001 meters...   -

cheers
JJB
2023-3-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-29 02:06
Hi Samanthamasih,

Love to see that video, your very precise flying at 0.001 meters...   -

127mm = 5 inches for us imperial folks lol so she possibly just 'translated' imperial to metric. lol
2023-3-29
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

See this thread on the MavicPilots forum discussing what the downward sensors do and how to get around your problem.
mavicpilots.com/threads/yes-landing-protection-can-be-disabled-but.134162/
2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules