DJI Fly app on Galaxy S23Ultra
17846 32 2023-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 783202 ft
United States

I just bought a Galaxy S23 Ultra (Android 13) and the DJI Fly app won't work.  Any suggestions?
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What DJI Fly version do you have? May we ask what error message did you receive? Please provide us a screenshot of the error message if you can. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-3-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the Fly App (v1.9.4) from below link and it installed and is working perfectly on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  Maybe you had a bad download.  Try this link:

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-23 20:24
Hi, djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What DJI Fly version do you have? May we ask what error message did you receive? Please provide us a screenshot of the error message if you can. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

I uninstalled the version I had because it didn't work.  I tried to install version 1.9.4 but I'm having trouble with that.  It downloads an .apk file but It's not associated with any program on my computer or laptop so it doesn't run automatically and I don't know how to run it.  When I try it on my phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra with Android 13) it doesn't open up on the phone I just get a white screen for a second and then an android error message: "Something went wrong with DJI Fly   DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.  Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error"
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 03:31
I downloaded the Fly App (v1.9.4) from below link and it installed and is working perfectly on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  Maybe you had a bad download.  Try this link:

Thank you, I tried this link but get the same error as before.  This is the same site I tried the first time.
2023-3-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI Posted at 3-24 10:10
Thank you, I tried this link but get the same error as before.  This is the same site I tried the first time.

Sorry, I was hoping that would work as that is where I downloaded from at the App is working perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.  
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_Abgmm3vDFQEW
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-25 04:28
Sorry, I was hoping that would work as that is where I downloaded from at the App is working perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

Thanks for the effort.  Sad that buying this new phone now I can't use my drone (or my Samsung Gear 360 camera which also has a problem).  I spoke to Samsung customer support and they say sorry.
2023-3-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Abgmm3vDFQEW Posted at 3-25 10:40
Thanks for the effort.  Sad that buying this new phone now I can't use my drone (or my Samsung Gear 360 camera which also has a problem).  I spoke to Samsung customer support and they say sorry.

I'm wondering if it is a Security setting on the Galaxy that is stopping the installation.  I did activate Developer Options on my S23 Ultra but I don't think that would be the difference.  Hope you get the issue resolve before too long.
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI Posted at 3-24 10:09
I uninstalled the version I had because it didn't work.  I tried to install version 1.9.4 but I'm having trouble with that.  It downloads an .apk file but It's not associated with any program on my computer or laptop so it doesn't run automatically and I don't know how to run it.  When I try it on my phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra with Android 13) it doesn't open up on the phone I just get a white screen for a second and then an android error message: "Something went wrong with DJI Fly   DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug.  Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error"

Hi, djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI. The DJI Fly app can only be installed on a mobile phone, you won't be able to install it on your computer. Can you please confirm if you are downloading the file using your phone directly? Can you please provide us with a video of the installation for further checking? Thank you.
2023-3-25
Use props
Larry3215
lvl.2

United States

I also have an S23 Ultra and everything is working just fine for me.

Did you click on the android link or scan the QR code? You need to use your phone to scan the QR image, then follow the prompts. Just turn on the camera, hold it close to the computer screen and it shoulkd happen automatically.

2023-4-5
Use props
djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI
lvl.1
United States

Larry3215 Posted at 4-5 14:57

Did you click on the android link or scan the QR code? You need to use your phone to scan the QR image, then follow the prompts. Just turn on the camera, hold it close to the computer screen and it shoulkd happen automatically.

Yes thank you that did it with the QR Code.  Now if only I can get the Gear 360 camera to work!
2023-4-5
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404360 ft
Canada

Check that the phone clamp isn't mashing down on your phone's power button.  Mine was doing that, and I got all sorts of erratic results.  You may have to push the phone over to the side to miss the buttons, but that makes the controller lop-sided.  Not a great design.
2023-6-29
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Canada

Check that the phone clamp isn't mashing down on your phone's buttons.  Mine was doing that, and I was having lots of problems until I moved the phone over.  But now the controller is lop-sided. Not a great design.
2023-6-29
Use props
GregP507
lvl.1
Canada

Sometimes the USB plug doesn't seat into the phone all the way.  I had that problem at first.
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GregP507 Posted at 6-29 08:30
Sometimes the USB plug doesn't seat into the phone all the way.  I had that problem at first.

Hi, GregP507. Thank you for sharing your resolution fo this concern. Hopefully, other users will be able to solve this kind of concern by trying these steps. Have a wonderful day!
2023-6-30
Use props
Chris Manfred
New

United States

djiuser_bzPrnSveQWJI Posted at 4-5 16:16
Yes thank you that did it with the QR Code.  Now if only I can get the Gear 360 camera to work!

Dang, i just ordered a mini 3 pro and I am having isseues with set up because when i scan qr code and download the app its a white screen like you experienced.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chris Manfred Posted at 9-5 19:13
Dang, i just ordered a mini 3 pro and I am having isseues with set up because when i scan qr code and download the app its a white screen like you experienced.

Hello there, Chris. I hope you're doing well today. Have you already tried downloading it directly from the webpage on your phone instead of scanning it?
2023-9-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-24 03:31
I downloaded the Fly App (v1.9.4) from below link and it installed and is working perfectly on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  Maybe you had a bad download.  Try this link:

I'm glad to hear it's working for you I have been thinking of upgrading to this phone and got scared from this post.
2023-9-9
Use props
djiuser_eNMteDuSshBe
New

United Kingdom

Press the power button on the drone 3 times with the fly app open, the app will then search for your drone and then connect
Hope this helps
2023-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 9-9 08:34
I'm glad to hear it's working for you I have been thinking of upgrading to this phone and got scared from this post.

I just upgraded to DJI Fly App 1.11.4 and it still works perfectly on the S23 Ultra.  
2023-9-10
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 04:45
I just upgraded to DJI Fly App 1.11.4 and it still works perfectly on the S23 Ultra.

Good to know
2023-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to keep you apprised, especially since Samsung is running some really good deals on the S23 lately.  
2023-9-10
Use props
Danni Benzi
New

Australia

What about mavic pro I have a note 20 and the app won't download on my phone
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Danni Benzi Posted at 9-19 00:38
What about mavic pro I have a note 20 and the app won't download on my phone

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. may I know what error message are you getting from your phone, please? Thank you very much.
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_pxan8miMZ5M5
New

United States

do yourself a favor and don't try to take off a Mavic Air with S23, you will have no control over the drone once it leaves the ground.
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_kw7JXZ4IZBdw
New
United States

I have the same problem, I made a copy of all the apps from my Samsung S21 to Samsuns S23+, it was working before but suddenly it stoped, I delete the app and know I try to Install it again but it is not possible.
That is the message I receive and from  there I can not do anything else.  It is so frustrating!
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_kw7JXZ4IZBdw Posted at 11-19 20:27
I have the same problem, I made a copy of all the apps from my Samsung S21 to Samsuns S23+, it was working before but suddenly it stoped, I delete the app and know I try to Install it again but it is not possible.
That is the message I receive and from  there I can not do anything else.  It is so frustrating!

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble, Please try clearing the mobile phone cache and ensure that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended), and then hard restart the mobile phone. Please also try reinstalling the app from the official website. You can use this link: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. Have a great day.
2023-11-19
Use props
fans9c017fe8
New

Germany

Ich habe eine Mavic 2 Zoom und ein Samsung galaxy s23 Ultra und ich finde keine kompatible App. Hat jemand eine Idee?
1-6 08:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans9c017fe8 Posted at 1-6 08:44
Ich habe eine Mavic 2 Zoom und ein Samsung galaxy s23 Ultra und ich finde keine kompatible App. Hat jemand eine Idee?

Hello there. The Mavic 2 Zoom uses the DJI Go 4 app to be operated. You can download the APK file on the official website. Please use this link to be directed: https://www.dji.com/no/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4. Have a nice day.
1-8 00:49
Use props
djiuser_WMfVQWKdNhbO
New
Flight distance : 1375 ft

South Africa

Larry3215 Posted at 2023-4-5 14:57

Did you click on the android link or scan the QR code? You need to use your phone to scan the QR image, then follow the prompts. Just turn on the camera, hold it close to the computer screen and it shoulkd happen automatically.

O have the same problem on my s23 ultra. If i use other phone the fly app work perfectly. Mist be something with the fly app software and s23 ultra.
1-17 08:02
Use props
djiuser_duOwsM6gp9YG
New
Flight distance : 5614 ft

United States

I can't get the fly app to download on my Samsung 23ultra...it downloads, but won't load
2-8 08:48
Use props
djiuser_duOwsM6gp9YG
New
Flight distance : 5614 ft

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-3-23 20:24

I have the same issue,  it downloads but won't open
2-8 08:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_duOwsM6gp9YG Posted at 2-8 08:48
I can't get the fly app to download on my Samsung 23ultra...it downloads, but won't load

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Is it showing any error message or does it just crash after launching the app?
2-11 00:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules